American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Open

+6
Animosity1oAK
SquirrelHunter
MeanMrMustard
truth_n_babylon
Ken
Steel Pitt
10 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 8 Open - Page 2 Empty Week 8 Open

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:02 pm
First topic message reminder :

Week 8 is now open.  I will advance the week on Thursday (10/24).

MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Week 8 Open - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 8 Open

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm
Ken wrote:
I'm ok with the sim.

The bigger question is: Can we throw away Oregon as a team altogether?

They are a good program and have been for many years. Having them just disappear just feels odd IMO.
Maybe the game will replace the coach in the offseason carousel? Just a theory. Not sure when Degenerate left, but if it was midseason, maybe the game just didn't have a way to replace him with a new coach.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:16 am
Steel Pitt wrote:
illmatic_216 wrote:Hey guys, I am back. Had to leave town for new job trainings for a week or two. Unfortunately, I will be unable to play Wed-Friday because of work, but free the rest of the days.  Glad to be back.
Good to have you back.  Hopefully training was good.  You have a user game vs Notre Dame this week so you'll have to set something up for today or tomorrow if you can't play those other days.
Training was great, I found out I will be making more money than I thought because of a state law regarding interrupted sleep periods. Boring stuff, I know, but I am back and will schedule a game for Tuesday with OV. I actually had a dream that my recruiting was last in the nation so I am hoping now that's now the case in reality lol.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:26 pm
Put myself on auto pilot. Me and OV tried several times to play and the game kept freezing at start. I tried using default playbooks and uniforms and nothing was working so he can just play CPU
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:51 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:Put myself on auto pilot. Me and OV tried several times to play and the game kept freezing at start. I tried using default playbooks and uniforms and nothing was working so he can just play CPU
Damn, that sucks man.  Same thing happened when OV and I tried to play earlier this season.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
illmatic_216 wrote:Put myself on auto pilot. Me and OV tried several times to play and the game kept freezing at start. I tried using default playbooks and uniforms and nothing was working so he can just play CPU
Damn, that sucks man.  Same thing happened when OV and I tried to play earlier this season.
Please try downloading the uniform packs. At least the first one that was free. Notre Dame had an update in that one. That's what caused the issue in my game vs Mustard.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 pm
NebraskaImpressing the RecruitsMichigan
Week 8 Open - Page 2 NCA14PS3_94_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_jBk
The Huskers hosted the #1 MLB in the nation this weekend. Thomas McDowell holds the Huskers at #2 on his top 4 behind the Michigan Wolverines according to most recruiting pundits. And if the Huskers were trying to make a statement to him it had to be evident from the opening snap when the Wolverines came out to see 5 different LBs starting at various spots in the hybrid 3-5-3 formation the Blackshirts had been toying with all season, as well as a 1-5-5 Nickel look in some situations. Besides the pressure to sign this weekend, the Husker LBs put on a show with 3 Sacks on the day, 15 Tackles between Santos and Anderson, and 7 combined Tackles for Loss.

The game also featured a blocked punt, and an offense that put up points, but did not look dominant. Especially Armstrong who may be foggy from his recent concussions, and derp faced all over the field with 3 interceptions. At least the Huskers rebound from their embarrassing showing in East Lansing, and hope to jump back into the Top 10.

FINAL SCORE
Michigan 7
Nebraska 32
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:
Please try downloading the uniform packs. At least the first one that was free. Notre Dame had an update in that one. That's what caused the issue in my game vs Mustard.
I'm pretty sure I downloaded the first one that was free.  I don't know if any other free ones were available but I know I downloaded the first one and I didn't pay for non-free ones.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 am
I will try to download the free ones when I am back from work. Gone from tomorrow til Friday. I figured OV might as well play CPU since this season is dead for me due to my 2 week absence. I will do recruiting from here on out through the website, I wish i woulda remembered that during the past 2 weeks Bang Head Crap
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:20 am
How do you run the 3-5-3 formation? I don't think it's in the game. Do you just run 3-3-5 and put in LBs in the two SS spots?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:16 am
burnum81 wrote:How do you run the 3-5-3 formation? I don't think it's in the game. Do you just run 3-3-5 and put in LBs in the two SS spots?
3-5-3?  Don't think that's ever been in the game.  Did you mean the 4-2-5 because that is in the game?
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 am
I was referring to EDJ's post (below the screenshot of the Nabraska vs Michigan game), where he talks about his usage of LBs to impress the visiting prospect. EDJ mentions 1-5-5 and 3-5-3 formations. I know about the Nickel 1-5-5 package but was wondering about a 3-5-3 defensive set.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:47 am
burnum81 wrote:I was referring to EDJ's post (below the screenshot of the Nabraska vs Michigan game), where he talks about his usage of LBs to impress the visiting prospect. EDJ mentions 1-5-5 and 3-5-3 formations. I know about the Nickel 1-5-5 package but was wondering about a 3-5-3 defensive set.
Hmmm, didn't notice that.  I'm assuming he meant 3-3-5 but I guess he'd have to clarify.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:33 am
FYI, I'll try to play my game tonight.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:57 am
Yeah this sucks, the same thing happened last season with us too. I had the same issue with Pitt but have been able to play everyone else just fine. I try downloading the uniforms but but neither of us had custom uniforms so I dint think it would have mattered
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
burnum81 wrote:How do you run the 3-5-3 formation? I don't think it's in the game. Do you just run 3-3-5 and put in LBs in the two SS spots?
3-5-3?  Don't think that's ever been in the game.  Did you mean the 4-2-5 because that is in the game?
The base 3-3-5 look has a Five LB package sub that I like to experiment with when facing a base personnel package that may have an athletic TE who can get flexed out like Funchess of Michigan does. And I have a logjam at LB at 3-5 on the depth chart, so everyone gets playing time that way.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:42 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:
The base 3-3-5 look has a Five LB package sub that I like to experiment with when facing a base personnel package that may have an athletic TE who can get flexed out like Funchess of Michigan does. And I have a logjam at LB at 3-5 on the depth chart, so everyone gets playing time that way.
Gotcha, so its a sub-package in the 3-3-5 set.  I don't think I've ever switched or checked the sub-packages on defense yet.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
LocationEurope

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:13 pm
Thanks for clarification. I'll probably try this out because I'm running a 3-3-5 as my base defense anyway.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm
And pitt, with the whole conservative for tackles,  i did have it set there, and he was still breaking tackles. I mean...my defense is bad but not that terrible.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm
Iowa Cruises Pass The Terps

It was Homecoming Weekend in Iowa City and the #1 ranked Iowa Hawkeyes played poor hosts to the B1G newcomers in Maryland.  The Hawkeye defense was swarming from the outset and the running game was on point as Iowa raced to a 28-7 halftime lead before coasting to a 38-17 victory.

The story of the game, however, may be the fact that the future may be now for the Hawkeyes.  True Freshmen QB Jason Wade had been a package player through 6 weeks, however after watching Jake Rudock throw 3 INT's last week and another on his second drive this week, Coach Steel Pitt may have had enough.  Coach Steel Pitt turned to the freshmen as he normally does however this game he did not come out the rest of the way.  Running the offense out of the no huddle for the remainder of the game, Wade led the Hawkeyes 31 points while racking up 478 total team yards on offense.  Wade finished the game 8/8 passing for 114 yards while also rushing 7 times for 152 yards and a score.

We'll have to wait until Coach Steel Pitt's next news conference to see if this is a permanent change or not.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44 pm
looks like i get to set option defense to conservative for another team hahaha
Sponsored content