American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 13 Open Empty Week 13 Open

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:05 am
Week 13 is now open.  I will advance the week on Friday (1/17).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 13 Open Empty Re: Week 13 Open

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
UL Lafayette the #1 team in the country ... yuck.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:55 pm
Wow UCLA has a chance to win the PAC 12 South! Need to beat USC and have Utah lose one of their last 2. Too bad Nike quit.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:32 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:UL Lafayette the #1 team in the country ... yuck.
With three of their wins coming against FCS opponents that they barely beat. SMH. If there was a game coming out next year, then EA would need to work on their BCS algorithm and jack up strength of schedule.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:31 pm
dre1479 wrote:
With three of their wins coming against FCS opponents that they barely beat. SMH. If there was a game coming out next year, then EA would need to work on their BCS algorithm and jack up strength of schedule.
If a game were coming out next year, I'd really hope EA wouldn't use a BCS algorithm due to the playoffs taking place.  Wink
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
LocationTuscaloosa, AL

Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
dre1479 wrote:
If a game were coming out next year, I'd really hope EA wouldn't use a BCS algorithm due to the playoffs taking place.  Wink

D'OH!!!!!!!  Shocked 

LOL. Forgot all about that.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
LocationTuscaloosa, AL

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 pm
AL 34 SCAR 31

There are no easy games in the SEC! This is especially true on the road. After being down 14 in the first quarter, the Crimson Tide rattled off 24 straight points to take a 10 point lead and then held on in the 4th to take a three point victory and our seventh in a row. 

TJ Yeldon led the way with 171 yards and 3 TDs. 

Up next is the Iron Bowl vs. AUB and then the SEC championship. We are hoping that by winning out we will claim one of the two BCS championship bids but you never know with the BCS. 
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:58 am
Mizzou inks center

The Missouri Tigers signed the No. 2 center in the country this week, the school's second 5-star recruit in what is shaping up to be Coach Mustard's best recruiting class in his three years with the Tigers. The team only has four total commits so far, but is considered the top school of at least 9 others.

Here's how the class is shaping out after 12 weeks:

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven C Brandon Newsom, 80 OVR (#36 OVR, #2 C)
 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven HB Walter Talley, 77 OVR (#12 OVR, #2 HB)
 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven CB Marcel White, 73 OVR (#451 OVR, #24 CB)
 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven CB Andrew Parsons, 70 OVR (#1058 OVR, #77 CB)
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 pm
I almost feel guilty for my recruiting class. I think I'm at 14 players already? With a lot of 4* and a few 5* in there.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:27 pm
the_EDJ wrote:I almost feel guilty for my recruiting class. I think I'm at 14 players already? With a lot of 4* and a few 5* in there.
You're more than welcome to leave my OT alone, as penance. Smile
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:29 pm
Mizzou knocks off Florida to clinch SEC East title.

Close game throughout. Mizzou took a 27-20 lead early in the fourth on a FG, but Florida answered to tie the game with 1:30 to play.

Mizzou then faced a 4th and 1 near midfield, but opted to go for it instead of punting to ensure overtime. Andrew Baggett would kick a 47 yarder a few plays later for the W.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 pm
Nebraska gets punched in the mouth by Minnesota, but rebounded to a big win. The Golden Goophers opened up the game with a 10-0 lead in the first quarter after Tommy Armstrong threw three picks. He finished the first quarter with more interceptions than completions.

(Sidenote, this was some of the most glitch filled football I've seen. DLine for Minnesota would stand up at the snap and do nothing, so my linemen would blow right through them and I'd get tackled/sacked right away. Two of the 3 interceptions went right through my receivers to the defender behind them. I had three straight offensive plays at one point where my ball carrier fumbled. Only one fumble was recorded when Minnesota recovered it. WTF)

Armstrong was benched and Bobby Hale came in to lead the Huskers on scoring drive after scoring drive. The defense more than held its own considering the terrible circumstances the offense put them in early in the game.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:48 pm
Can we advance? Lol