American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Open

+6
Animosity1oAK
SquirrelHunter
MeanMrMustard
truth_n_babylon
Ken
Steel Pitt
10 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 8 Open Empty Week 8 Open

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:02 pm
Week 8 is now open.  I will advance the week on Thursday (10/24).
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Week 8 Open Empty Re: Week 8 Open

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 am
Just tried to play vs. Oregon right now but couldn't.

First off, they're 0-5 averaging 5.6 pts a game and giving up 58.8 points.

Secondly, on the playbook menu where it usually shows ratings, they have no ratings.

Lastly, it froze on the screen before the game starts.

Does anyone know if this is all correlated?

Will try again tmrw.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 am
I bet Steel is going to have to reset Oregons playbooks and formation subs since that used to be Degenerate's team. I remember there used to be problems like this in NCAA 13
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 am
Ken wrote:Just tried to play vs. Oregon right now but couldn't.

First off, they're 0-5 averaging 5.6 pts a game and giving up 58.8 points.

Secondly, on the playbook menu where it usually shows ratings, they have no ratings.

Lastly, it froze on the screen before the game starts.

Does anyone know if this is all correlated?

Will try again tmrw.
I'll take a look.  I believe Burnum may be taking Oregon so this may be a user game for you.  I will send him the invite this morning.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm
Ken wrote:First off, they're 0-5 averaging 5.6 pts a game and giving up 58.8 points.
Maybe you should take the sim. Laughing
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:I bet Steel is going to have to reset Oregons playbooks and formation subs since that used to be Degenerate's team. I remember there used to be problems like this in NCAA 13  
I'll check to see if I can do that as the commish.  If not, I guess I'll have to go and switch teams, reset Oregon's PB and formations, and then switch back to Iowa.

I wonder if that will kill my recruiting board or my Coach XP status.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm
it's more of a hassle but you could just make a fake PSN name and invite yourself and fix oregon. that way you don't have to "leave" iowa
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Well my game froze, so I'm super simming the game to see what happens
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:03 pm
And in that super sim...a defensive battle in the previous game turns into a slug fest, with the Illini escaping 41-38...the previous game before it froze was a lot closer.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:08 pm
SquirrelHunter wrote:it's more of a hassle but you could just make a fake PSN name and invite yourself and fix oregon. that way you don't have to "leave" iowa
True.  Unfortunately we are now full at 12 teams.  I was trying to ask Burnum to join initially as Oregon, fix their PB and formations then drop and re-join as FSU.  But it looks like he already joined.

Maybe if he hasn't done too much setting up I'll try and get him to do it because I'd rather not have to leave Iowa and rejoin and risk the recruiting board getting f-ed up and potentially resetting my Coach XP's.
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 pm
Just joined the league with FSU. Played my first game (24-17 home win against the Wolfpack) and got my single most important player (star QB Jameis Winston) injured for 10 weeks, which should mean he's out for the season. Damn. I usually run a spread offense with a lot of option running but my backup (Jacob Coker) is more of a dropback passer. Seems I'll have to completely change my offense for the remainder of the season...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:20 pm
burnum81 wrote:Just joined the league with FSU. Played my first game (24-17 home win against the Wolfpack) and got my single most important player (star QB Jameis Winston) injured for 10 weeks, which should mean he's out for the season. Damn. I usually run a spread offense with a lot of option running but my backup (Jacob Coker) is more of a dropback passer. Seems I'll have to completely change my offense for the remainder of the season...
Welcome to the league, lol.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:And in that super sim...a defensive battle in the previous game turns into a slug fest, with the Illini escaping 41-38...the previous game before it froze was a lot closer.
lol, nice.  I'll throw out the results later tonight when I log on so you can actually play the game.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:37 pm
Let me know when and how to proceed
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:03 pm
Hey guys, I am back. Had to leave town for new job trainings for a week or two. Unfortunately, I will be unable to play Wed-Friday because of work, but free the rest of the days.  Glad to be back.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:18 pm
Haha if only my shit wouldn't have frozen...
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:30 pm
michigan state handles indiana fairly easily, 34-17.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
Animosity1oAK wrote:And in that super sim...a defensive battle in the previous game turns into a slug fest, with the Illini escaping 41-38...the previous game before it froze was a lot closer.
lol, nice.  I'll throw out the results later tonight when I log on so you can actually play the game.
Yeah..guess I didnt think that one through when I froze haha, had to go get something from the store after the freezing. It will get done this time.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:Hey guys, I am back. Had to leave town for new job trainings for a week or two. Unfortunately, I will be unable to play Wed-Friday because of work, but free the rest of the days.  Glad to be back.
Good to have you back.  Hopefully training was good.  You have a user game vs Notre Dame this week so you'll have to set something up for today or tomorrow if you can't play those other days.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:48 pm
Ken wrote:Let me know when and how to proceed
Wassup man.  I checked the Coach info in the game and apparently Oregon does not have a head coach at all assigned.  If you check the Coach's Info and filter on the PAC12 and Head Coaches, you'll see that there are only 11 accounted for (Oregon is missing).  They do however have an OC and DC, weird.

I tried to switch teams but it wouldn't allow me to do so, nor could I assign a HC as the commish.  The only other option is to drop from the Dynasty, rejoin as Oregon reset their settings and formations, drop again and rejoin the Dynasty.  unfortunately I am hesitant to do so because:

1. That's a big hassle especially since, as the commish, I'd have to transfer the ownership to someone else, drop, rejoin and have the ownership transferred back to me.

2. As Truth mentioned, I would potentially open myself up to the Coach XP glitch by dropping and rejoining and I'd have to start all over at Level 1.

And honestly, I'm not even positive that strategy will work.

My suggestion, as shitty as it is, is to take the sim this week (it seems like it will be a victory as Oregon hasn't won a game without a HC yet) and hope the injury bug doesn't hit you.

Sorry man.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:32 pm
Mauk leads Mizzou to comeback win
Missouri 34, Auburn 27
Week 8 Open Matymaukscrambles
Down 7 deep in his own territory, Missouri QB Maty Mauk threw an interception that seemed likely to cost the Tigers the game.

Down 14, Mauk lead the Tigers on back-to-back touchdown drives to force overtime, then threw the game-winner to knock off Auburn.

"I definitely saw it slipping away," Mauk said after the game. "That interception could've basically killed our season."

Instead, the Tigers improved to 2-2 in SEC play with a confidence-building win.

Mauk wasn't the game's only hero. On the ensuing drive, sophomore MLB Michael Scherer jumped a route in the end zone and made a user pick to deny Auburn a second overtime.

--

Players of the Game

Offense: QB Maty Mauk -- 32 of 41 for 372 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT; 1 rushing TD
Defense: MLB Michael Scherer -- 5 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 INT
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:35 pm
Wow Mustard, just looking a the box score and it must have been a hell of a second half.  Up 3 at halftime to down 14 entering the 4th only to outscore them 14-0 in the final quarter to send it to OT.  Whew.

Nice win.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 pm
Yeah, I even had the ball to start the third. Was marching downfield, thought I'd be able to go up 10 and give myself some breathing room. Instead I made a dumb decision on an option, coughed up the ball, and auburn ripped off 17 straight.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 pm
Illini fall 55-45. Seriously, the tackling is absolute garbage when the RB just shakes off 4 or 5 tackles when he should be stopped in the backfield. Give me a break. Whatever. This game is really pissing me off.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:42 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Illini fall 55-45. Seriously, the tackling is absolute garbage when the RB just shakes off 4 or 5 tackles when he should be stopped in the backfield. Give me a break. Whatever. This game is really pissing me off.
Have you tried setting your Big Hits and/or Strip Ball gameplans to Conservative?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 pm
Wow Truth, what was that like 6 OT's vs UNC?  nice win.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Georgia Tech upsets and outlasts #13 UNC 61-53 in 6 (sextuple?) OT. The game was actually 20-20 at the end of regulation. I don't even know how to describe how ridiculous the overtime was. Just feels good to get a win!
Maybe I will follow up with a write up tomorrow.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:10 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Wow Truth, what was that like 6 OT's vs UNC?  nice win.
That game gave me heartburn. I didn't think it was going to end and I didn't think that my offense would he able to keep trading punches like that with the Cpu. I guess I was due for a win.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
Ken wrote:Let me know when and how to proceed
Wassup man.  I checked the Coach info in the game and apparently Oregon does not have a head coach at all assigned.  If you check the Coach's Info and filter on the PAC12 and Head Coaches, you'll see that there are only 11 accounted for (Oregon is missing).  They do however have an OC and DC, weird.

I tried to switch teams but it wouldn't allow me to do so, nor could I assign a HC as the commish.  The only other option is to drop from the Dynasty, rejoin as Oregon reset their settings and formations, drop again and rejoin the Dynasty.  unfortunately I am hesitant to do so because:

1. That's a big hassle especially since, as the commish, I'd have to transfer the ownership to someone else, drop, rejoin and have the ownership transferred back to me.

2. As Truth mentioned, I would potentially open myself up to the Coach XP glitch by dropping and rejoining and I'd have to start all over at Level 1.

And honestly, I'm not even positive that strategy will work.

My suggestion, as shitty as it is, is to take the sim this week (it seems like it will be a victory as Oregon hasn't won a game without a HC yet) and hope the injury bug doesn't hit you.

Sorry man.
I'm ok with the sim.

The bigger question is: Can we throw away Oregon as a team altogether?

They are a good program and have been for many years. Having them just disappear just feels odd IMO.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm
Ken wrote:
I'm ok with the sim.

The bigger question is: Can we throw away Oregon as a team altogether?

They are a good program and have been for many years. Having them just disappear just feels odd IMO.
Maybe the game will replace the coach in the offseason carousel? Just a theory. Not sure when Degenerate left, but if it was midseason, maybe the game just didn't have a way to replace him with a new coach.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum