American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

AALoA Weekly: 09/30 Edition Empty AALoA Weekly: 09/30 Edition

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Weekly State of the League

MoneyNades volunteered to keep an active game week advance thread going himself. Once his schedule normalizes, I will drop these advance posts.

Keep me up to date on your slider thoughts. Injuries are still a bit high. WIll lower further.

We've got a few new users joining, so please be on the lookout to answer questions in case I'm busy at work and not in my office.

Educate yourself

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Two weeks ago I covered 4th down rules.
Last week I covered depth charts.
This week, I'm going off script on CPU games.

I don't have set rules in writing for playing CPU games respectively. Frankly, I don't care what you do versus the CPU to win. CPU games are meant to be challenging. You're expected to be able to lose to the CPU occasionally too.  But if you're blowing the CPU out, bench your starters. The CPU is not a free pass to boost stats to win awards and Pro Bowl spots.

My guidelines on when to bench your starters:
QB: 300 yards, 3 TDs
RB: 125 yards, 2 TDs
WR: 125 yards, 2 TDs
Defense: 2 Sacks, or 2 INTs
Returner: 1 Return TD

Now should you be struggling with the CPU, you may have to surpass these stats. I get that. That's why we stream games, to get the context of the situation. I've personally been in a situation where I have 80 yards rushing, I'm in the middle of breaking off a 70 yard TD run, and I run out of bounds to cap his numbers and bench him immediately.

What I've done in terms of punishments are suspensions in the user's next CPU game. Maybe even their next user game if it's egregious, or it's the end of the regular season. You've been warned.

Scheduling

Week 8   |   Active   | Deadline: Wednesday night 10/03
Eagles vs Jaguars
Packers vs Rams

CPU vs Chiefs, Browns, Giants, Lions, Bears, Ravens, Cardinals, Vikings, Patriots

Week 9   |   Thursday - Saturday Night
Chiefs vs Browns
Lions vs Vikings
Packers vs Patriots
Titans vs Cowboys

CPU vs Bears, Ravens, Falcons, Rams

Week 10   |   Sunday - Tuesday Night
Falcons vs Browns
Lions vs Bears
Cardinals vs Chiefs
Patriots vs Titans
Cowboys vs Eagles

CPU vs  Packers, Jaguars, Rams, Giants

From the Desk of the Commissioner:

We've got a few new users joining. I did not list their teams as they're not set yet. But be mindful if you have a CPU game, it might turn into a user game at a moment's notice.

Kiper's Korner

The Cardinals got their QB of the future in this year's draft. But they need a way to keep him upright. New Cardinals coach Ricky Bobby has a major Badger bias running through his blood. Look for them to grab an offensive lineman to anchor their line for years to come. Dieter and Edwards are two Wisconsin offensive linemen with first round potential that could do just that.

Award Season

Not until later in the year.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum