American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Bowl Week Open Empty Bowl Week Open

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:45 pm
Bowl Week Open Zzbcs

It's Bowl Week, folks. After a come-from-behind victory over the Missouri Tigers in the SEC title game, No. 1 Alabama will face off against No. 2 Cincinnati for the national championship.

Here's the other user matchups:

Rose Bowl: No. 4 Nebraska vs. No. 3 USC

Fiesta Bowl: No. 6 Texas vs. No. 7 Washington

Sugar Bowl: No. 5 Michigan State vs. Mississippi State

Capitol One Bowl: Missouri vs. No. 24 Michigan 

Heart of Dallas Bowl: Ohio State vs. Louisville

Meineke Car Care Bowl: Iowa vs. No. 15 Connecticut 

Independence Bowl: No. 20 Georgia Tech vs. Texas A&M

Holiday Bowl: UCLA vs. Kansas State

The CPU Heisman, unfortunately, goes to a CPU player, Stanford HB Remound Wright -- 262 carries for 1646 yards and 16 TDs. The only user to finish in the top 5 was Alabama's T.J. Yeldon.

The week advances Saturday. (We'll pick up the pace next year. Trying to give everyone a chance to get back in the swing of things and get their bowl games in since it's been slow of late.)
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Bowl Week Open Empty Re: Bowl Week Open

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:21 pm
BCS CHAMPIONSHIP RETURNS TO TUSCALOOSA! 

AL 48 - CIN 3

The crystal ball has returned to T-Town and the Crimson Tide were victorious in dominate fashion. 

After neither team scored in the first quarter the Crimson Tide put the game away by scoring 4 TDS in the second quarter and shutting out Cincinnati in the second half. 

T. J. Yeldon had a dominate performance which was motivated by his 2nd place finish in the Heisman voting, despite winning most of the major national awards. Yeldon had 157 yards on 9 rushes along with 3 TDs in the first half to send a message and put the game away. 

For the game Yeldon had 258 yards along with 5TDs to take player of the game honors. In his last game in the Crimson and White Yeldon was a man possessed along with Amari Cooper who caught a TD, and Kenyon Drake who added 71 rushing yards and TD rushing TDS. 

The Crimson Tide have to replace a lot of talent so there's no time to rest on our laurels. But based on how things looked at the beginning of the season after the Missouri loss, this victory is sweet!

Last edited by dre1479 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 pm
Crimson Tide Award Winners, All-Americans, and All-Conference

Award Winners
Maxwell: T. J. Yeldon
Walter Camp: T. J. Yeldon
Walker: T. J. Yeldon
Outland: R. Kelly
Rimington: R. Kelly

All-Americans
T. J. Yeldon (1st Team)
R. Kelly (1st Team)
D. Lake (1st Team)
R. Ragland (2nd Team)
L. Collins (2nd Team)
T. Randle (Freshman)
M. Smith (Freshman)

ALL-SEC
T. J. Yeldon (1st Team)
G. Hill (1st Team)
R. Kelly (1st Team)
I. Lutua (1st Team)
L. Brown (1st Team)
L. Fanning (1st Team)
D. Lake (1st Team)
R. Ragland (1st Team)
D. Devell (1st Team)
G. Smith (1st Team)
L. Collins (1st Team)
A. Cooper (2nd Team)
A. Robinson (2nd Team)
C. Jones (2nd Team)
M. Smith (2nd Team)
A. Harris (2nd Team)
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:57 am
Game just froze in 2nd quarter with me down 10-3. Will retry tmrw.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 pm
Will he stay or will he go? That will be on the tips of tongues of Husker fans everywhere as they recover from their Rose Bowl hangovers. Touchdown Turnover Tommy is eligible for the draft. Freshman Bobby Hale looks up at him, hungry for a chance, and top QB prospect with Peyton Manning like potential steps on campus this fall.

The Huskers survive USC winning 24-24. The passing game was ugly, but the running game did its job. Armstrong was great and bad at the same time, and somehow won player of the game honors, even though backup safety LeRoy Alexander's game clinching TD return on an interception likely had the biggest impact.

Nebraska is still very young, losing a backup RB, Imani Cross, a backup WR Taariq Allen, a TE or two, stud MLB David Santos, and CB Jonathan Rose. Strong legged kicker Mauro Bondi goes as well, but Nebraska found two gems of kickers, and whoever loses the battle will red-shirt and learn how to punt for next year.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:56 pm
I plan on picking up my activity starting in the offseason. Don't wait on me to play my bowl game.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:01 pm
Inches Short

Missouri 24, Michigan 27

The Missouri Tigers finished a roller coaster season in heartbreaking fashion, losing to the Michigan Wolverines on a play that came down to the nose of the football.

Missouri battled from behind all game, coming back from a 17-3 to pull within 1 point at half, then falling right back in a hole when a Russell Hansbrough fumble was returned for a Michigan touchdown on the first play of the second half.

Trailing by 11 with 3 minutes to play and only two timeouts, all hope seemed to be lost for the Tigers, but again the team battled back. Maty Mauk led a brilliant 50-yard drive to cut the lead to four, then converted a two-point conversion to All-American WR Dorial Green-Beckham to bring the Tigers within 3 with just over 2 minutes to go.

With two timeouts in its back pocket, Missouri kicked off deep, opting to leave the season in the hands of its defense. A first down Michigan run picked up 3, then a second down run went 6 yards and 2 feet, leaving the Tigers facing a do-or-die 3rd and inches in need of a stop.

The Wolverines called a QB option against the Tigers' goalline set. The pitch went to the halfback Hayes, who was pushed laterally to the sideline by Missouri's defenders. Just as he ran out of room in bounds, he looked to be stopped a yard or more short, but Missouri could never fully wrap him up.

Hayes stumbled forward, inches past the first down marker, to give Michigan a fresh set of downs and the Capital One Bowl victory.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:13 pm
Just FYI -- I'll be sending out offseason info sometime today or tomorrow.

I'll probably extend Bowl Week through Sunday, since there's a lot of games left and people will probably be too busy with the Super Bowl to pay attention to offseason stuff. Doesn't seem to be much point in rushing to the offseason if tomorrow's gonna be a wash, anyway.

Also, good news on the user front:

Longtime AALOA-er Jacquito will be joining us as somebody (I dunno who). I also may have a friend of mine from college joining me and Dre in the SEC. He's good people. Sim player, and roughly my skill level.

Auto-pilot people, be thinking if you want to stick around and try to play next season or hang it up. Totally your call. It's not like we have a waiting list or anything, so as far as I'm concerned, you guys can sit on AP as long as you want. But it would be helpful to have some idea of your availability for games for user scheduling purposes in non-conference play.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum