American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Give a roster set a try?

2 - 50%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
2 - 50%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 4

Poll closed
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

League Discussion: Roster Set Empty League Discussion: Roster Set

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:36 am
Because of EA's Madden Share, we do not have to wait for EA to release an opening day roster. However, there are multiple options. Do you just want a correct roster? Or do you want to use a roster where the user did major roster edits to help balance gameplay?

I need league input on this. I continue to get questions about when the league's starting, but if I'm not getting league input, the league will falter. If you're not enjoying an aspect of the league, and you didn't bring any opinions to the table, then no bitching. Any help goes a long way to ensure we get this league started as soon as possible. This is everyone's league.

Possible Roster Options: (In no particular order)
schnaidt1OS thread
An ambitious roster file that edits ratings of all players. The goal is to balance gameplay as EA has a ton of highly rated players, but for anyone that plays with lowly rated teams, the game can play so good. In NCAA, me and Pitt will play with garbage Teambuilder teams like Drake and Fordham and the games are a blast.

Braveman84OS thread
Another roster set with ratings edits. Uses other websites as a basis to justify player ratings.

ABR173rdOS thread
This guy is working tirelessly to just get players moved to the correct spot. No true player rating edits. But, if a player is not in the game, he's had to resort to creating them.

EA Roster set:
Just wait for whatever Donny Moore puts together. Usually safeties and corners are out of place, but the ratings will be consistent.

Pros:
Better gameplay with roster edits supposedly. Less EA bias.

Cons: Roster edits will throw off draft classes, and the draft classes will be super strong each year. But that might be part of the fun with the college stars being usable that much quicker.

Vote in the poll. It's multiple choice, and post your thoughts below.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

League Discussion: Roster Set Empty Re: League Discussion: Roster Set

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 pm
My only concern with using edited rosters is how draft classes will affect them. Like, lets say one of the roster sets decides the game plays better when everyone's speed or awareness or whatever is tuned down by 10 points. Well, then the draft class comes in and suddenly we have these super rookies whose ratings haven't been adjusted for balancing purposes.

Just a hypothetical. Might not be an issue if the ratings aren't changed too drastically.
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:00 pm
Any roster package that give my redskins rookies and Coisins a ratings boost I am fine with:D
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:25 pm
I say keep the EA roster. Too much unknown variables in those other ones.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:48 pm
My vote is for whatever makes the franchise flow into 3 to 4 seasons smoothly and it sounds like the ea rosters will do that. Super rookies would be fun and all, but would get annoying eventually imo.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum