American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Advance Schedule Preferences

2 - 18%
0 - 0%
9 - 82%

Total Votes: 11

the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

League Discussion: Advance Schedule Empty League Discussion: Advance Schedule

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:10 pm
I'd like some input on our advance schedule. We've been very consistent in always having advances on a Wednesday/Sunday schedule. Should this stay as is? Or should we explore a different schedule, or something along the lines of what Pitt has going with our NCAA Dynasty and using a dynamic schedule based on when games get played, like a minimum of 3 or 4 weekdays to get a game in?
I've posted a poll, but please include your thoughts by posting a reply below. Thanks.

My thoughts: I think I'd be interested in trying a different schedule. In the past, it seemed that people always relied on waiting until the last minute Sunday/Wednesday night to get their games in. If the schedule constantly shifted, maybe the league advances would pick up pace.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
capeman
capeman
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 327
Swagger : 4

League Discussion: Advance Schedule Empty Re: League Discussion: Advance Schedule

Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 pm
I like the idea of a changing schedule too. It should force people to be a little more active and pay closer attention to the league.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

League Discussion: Advance Schedule Empty Re: League Discussion: Advance Schedule

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:49 pm
Dynamic. I think it works really well. That way if people DO get their games in early, an early advance actually means something. And just on a personal note, the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday games were always hardest for me to find time for, so this would at least break that up from time to time.

My second choice would be Monday/Thursday to give an extra day during the week, but I'd probably lose that battle.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:02 pm
I'm all for the dynamic scheduling.  In NCAA we are currently advancing every 4 days so we did something similar I'd be up for that.  The one thing I would say is that with Madden having 32 owners instead of 12 in NCAA its going to take longer to get the games in anyway.

If we don't do a dynamic scheduling then I'd be cool with Monday/Thursday or Sunday/Wednesday.
Cougars79
Cougars79
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 376
Swagger : 3
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:28 pm
I voted for Dynamic. Think we will get some early advances in the beginning of the season and the early advances will actually mean something (rather than 1 extra day for the second part of the week when we have set schedule). If this doesn't work, we can always revisit this and go back to the standard advance days.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:05 pm
Bump
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:13 pm
An issue with the dynamic scheduling I would have would be the same few people, who are difficult to get ahold of and rarely use the site, holding up the league. Maybe I am understanding wrong, but I think it is good to kind of have a date where you are advancing regardless of games unplayed. I am cool with pretty much any schedule to be honest
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum