American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Season: Week 1 Open

+9
Plusch24
Steel Pitt
MeanMrMustard
illmatic717
King_Hippo72
v-Apoc-v
MoneyNades
BigSteve187
the_EDJ
13 posters
Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2016 Season: Week 1 Open - Page 2 Empty 2016 Season: Week 1 Open

Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 pm
First topic message reminder :

2016 Season: Week 1

Welcome to a new year of Madden! In years past I’ve asked for MVP recommendations, or players to spotlight that you’re excited about. But nobody pays any mind to it, and it's a wasted effort.  All that I ask is that you post a bit more often in the weekly game threads. It can be a simple blurb about how your game finished. It can be how your rookie is developing, or anything else.

PLEASE check the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I've cut a handful of items out to make things simpler.  Ignorance is not an excuse.
The key sticking points are calling several different plays. The same play more than a few times can be considered spamming. Keeping a sim-style depth chart. And 4th down rules spelled out. I think the game is very balanced as it is, and some of the gameplay rules we used to have were bogging things down.

Streaming of games is mandatory. Make sure your twitch account is set up. Make sure that auto-archive is turned on. You have to turn that on via the twitch website. It can't be done from the console. User games only need one person streaming.

Scouting reports are a huge help. There’s a dedicated sub-forum for that.  Each user will have a Scouting Reports thread where you can post what you've seen, or how you've stopped a key look/play.  I've included a video player to each user's twitch feed so you can watch their game live while reading their scouting report and chat on the forum simultaneously. It's not pretty, but it's functional.  Madden’s gameplan feature will also be a huge help to understand how often your opponent blitzes, or runs inside versus outside.

Make sure you're in the AALoA Community page on the PS4. You can find it under my PS4 profile page. Regular updates will get posted there as reminders. And that's where I'll send event invites for the draft and major games like the Super Bowl.

I hope you're all excited and ready to go.  I'm a bit less prepared to start this year. I have a lot of things going on. Thursday, the 15th I'm leaving town for several days. So I'm hoping Pitt and Commando can hold things down and advance.  I should be back on the following Monday, the 19th. Then it's Destiny's expansion release, and for some reason, I'm still fucking addicted to that game and it might occupy a bit of my time.

Free agency will go live on Tuesday night at 10 pm EST. Everything is open then.
Be ready for a major PS4 update though. That might take some time to download/install. (Source)

Prepare for 72 hour advances.

Weekly Matchups

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Vikings vs Titans*Panthers 
Bears vs TexansEagles 
Raiders vs SaintsBills 
Buccaneers vs FalconsChargers 
Packers vs JaguarsJets 
Giants vs CowboysRams 
Lions vs Colts
*Patriots vs Cardinals
Steelers vs Redskins
*Capeman and D-stylez have still not joined. You can
play the CPU if you want, or try scheduling with them.

Game of the Week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VS
Two league titans return. One a found member, and one a longtime vet with a lot of rust to shake off before he's kicking our asses again. Illmatic is on yet another new team, in a crowded, and talented NFC East. Mustard is back to doing his best Jerry Jones impersonation. Can't wait to see these two face off.

Week advances no later than Thursday night.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ

2016 Season: Week 1 Open - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Season: Week 1 Open

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:14 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Last game is GoBucks614. I'd assume he gets it played asap.

Then Pitt or Commando can advance Thursday evening as soon as they're home. Have a great weekend guys. See ya next week.

I'll take a look when I get home tonight (around 7PM EST) if the Jets game was played.  

Just a heads up for everyone though ... if EDJ runs the league as he has in past seasons, the weekly advance won't be held up for User/CPU games so make sure you get those done sooner rather than later.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Anyone of my future opponents want to schedule an alternate uni game in advance?  Color Rush game?  Maybe we break out the 80's joints?

Btw, I believe Eagles color rush uniforms are All-Black.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Anyone of my future opponents want to schedule an alternate uni game in advance?  Color Rush game?  Maybe we break out the 80's joints?

Btw, I believe Eagles color rush uniforms are All-Black.
Yeah they are all black and if we played I would def do color rush. If anyone else would lie to do color rush als who plays me, let me know.
nickoftime780
nickoftime780
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 133
Swagger : 0
LocationEdmonton

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:24 pm
Mine are all light blue so I'm in for a rush jersey game if anyone's go with the light blue of the Titans
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum