American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Week 6 Open Empty Week 6 Open

Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:17 pm
Well, after he said he was going to play his game, whughes mysteriously dropped from the league, so... Huh. Hmmm 

Anywho, we'll press on as long as folks still have an interest. Considering moving the advance up to once every three days, since there's so few of us left.

Game of the Week:

No. 11 UCLA at No. 18 Cal

Advance is Tuesday (3/4).

Last edited by MeanMrMustard on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Week 6 Open Empty Re: Week 6 Open

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 pm
We have our first signing of the season and it's a big one:

Dave Porter, Tackle
ESPNU TOP 150
#4 Overall Rated Tackle. 

This year's recruiting class is shaping up to be a stellar one. Definitely more signings to come.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:03 am
Just had one of the toughest losses ever in NCAA/Madden history.

UCLA loses to Cal 49-42. As you might know my starting QB Asiantii Woulard was alreayd out for the season w/ a dislocated elbow. Anyway, in this game, neither team could stop each other. I trailed most of the time but rallied back behind 2nd string QB Jerry Neuheisel's huge game. But in the 4th quarter he breaks his ankle and my 3rd string QB comes in to score the game tying TD. 

In OT, I win the toss and choose to go D first. On 3rd and long, my guys almost get a sack on Cal's QB Zach Kline, but he shrugs him off and throws a TD.

Fine.

Then as my 3rd stringer drives inside the 10, he gets INJURED, leaving my RB to play QB.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

My best season and bid to play in the champsionship game... GONE.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:56 pm
Ken wrote:Then as my 3rd stringer drives inside the 10, he gets INJURED, leaving my RB to play QB.
Shocked Good Lord, Ken. What on Earth did you do to piss off the NCAA gods so much?

On the recruiting front, I'm having my best start of any year by far. Already two commits, a 4-star ATH and a 3-star G that's essentially 4 or 5 stars, because he scouted to 79 OVR.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:57 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Ken wrote:Then as my 3rd stringer drives inside the 10, he gets INJURED, leaving my RB to play QB.
Shocked Good Lord, Ken. What on Earth did you do to piss off the NCAA gods so much?

On the recruiting front, I'm having my best start of any year by far. Already two commits, a 4-star ATH and a 3-star G that's essentially 4 or 5 stars, because he scouted to 79 OVR.

Yeah man that's absolutely terrible! And you were off to such a great start. Hopefully your QBs aren't out for an extended period of time. Either way keep playing. You saw how I lost two games at the top of my schedule and still managed to win my division, conference, and National Championship. It's a marathon not a sprint!
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:33 pm
dre1479 wrote:
MeanMrMustard wrote:

Yeah man that's absolutely terrible! And you were off to such a great start. Hopefully your QBs aren't out for an extended period of time. Either way keep playing. You saw how I lost two games at the top of my schedule and still managed to win my division, conference, and National Championship. It's a marathon not a sprint!

You play in the SEC, lol!
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:53 pm
Nebraska got two really good signings this week. Unfortunately, team needs look like they will be a dog fight this season as I'm behind on most of my needed positions despite max points. Thankfully the team is not top heavy and can weather an off year on the recruiting trail.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:54 pm
Uuuuuuggh. Missouri blows a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter to lose to Vandy.

Vanderbilt converted an onside kick, and got a late interception with the score tied to put the game away.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum