American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 9 Open Empty Week 9 Open

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:40 pm
Week 9 is now open.  I will advance the week on Monday (12/30).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Week 9 Open Empty Re: Week 9 Open

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:43 pm
3 B1G West teams in the Top 6 (#1 Iowa, #2 Nebraska and #6 Michigan State).

Bitter rivals, 2014 National Champ Iowa and 2013 National Champ Nebraska now #1 and #2 in the polls.

USC drops from #1 to #10 after loss.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:54 pm
Week 9 Open Commit10
Week 9 Open 4_H_N_001_SnapShot
Week 9 Open Top150 OG Kyle Poole
#3 Guard (#95 Overall)
 Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven 
Melville, RI

Nebraska recruiting has been nothing short of a revelation this season. Sure they've picked up a couple big names each year, but Nebraska is flat out killing it out on the trails this year. Throwing pipelines out the window, Poole commits from Rhode Island. While not a position of need, the depth can go a long way, unless Poole moves over to Center, a spot that was weak after losing Thurmond to an injury this season.

Week 9 Open Recrui21
Week 9 Open 6_H_S_007_SnapShot
T Kenny McDonald
#5 T (#163 Overall)
Denton, TX

Coach MeanMrMustard down in Mizzou has been been the heavy favorite all season for this young man. They struck early, using an early recruiting trip hoping to secure his commitment before any other schools could get him on campus. It didn't happen, and there was Nebraska's biding its time, and finally deciding to use one of its unlocks to draw within 2nd on the list with a pending visit in Week 12. Should be an exciting finish.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:03 am; edited 3 times in total
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:59 pm
BAMA Recruiting Update

We signed two recruits this past week:

Dallas Brewer - 4 Star DE (#9 DE) Gardendale, AL
Brent Green - 4 Star OLB (#8 OLB) Mountain Brook, AL

It's important that we recruit the top in-state players to help fill key openings for next season. Signing these two recruits is a great start to the recruiting season.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:57 am
Week 9 Open NCA14PS3_144_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_oyY
Wisconsin's run game is godly. Thankfully they couldn't pass to save their life.

Week 9 Open Team58 Nebraska71731441
Week 9 Open Team114 Wisconsin707014
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:24 pm
Well guys, I have decided to hang up my headset and leave this game, due to getting a PS4 for Christmas. It was a fun ride this season and I didn't quite build the team the way I wanted to, and thats all on me. It was a pleasure playing with you gentlemen. Good luck in the rest of the league.

Last edited by Animosity1oAK on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:26 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:3 B1G West teams in the Top 6 (#1 Iowa, #2 Nebraska and #6 Michigan State).

Bitter rivals, 2014 National Champ Iowa and 2013 National Champ Nebraska now #1 and #2 in the polls.

you two play at the end of the year right?
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
EPIC COMEBACK STUNS SOUTH CAROLINA

Missouri 32, South Carolina 29

Week 9 Open Shane
Down 12, with South Carolina getting ready to snap it on 1st and Goal late in the 4th quarter, Missouri DE Shane Ray saw the whole season slipping away.

"We had to have this one man," Ray said afterward. "Have you seen the standings? 3-2. 3-2. 3-2. You don't want to be the first team to three losses."

Ray, the fifth year senior who no one thought could fill the shoes of Kony Ealy, took a stand.

After the Gamecocks went backwards on first and second down, Ray feinted outside, where he'd been dominating all day, then spun middle and accelerated toward the QB.

Sack. Fumble. Touchdown Missouri.

If he wasn't on the Defensive Player of the Year radar before, Ray certainly is now. In a must-win road game, Ray finished with 8 tackles, 7 for a loss, a forced fumble — oh, and a school record 4 sacks.

He also broke the Mizzou record for sacks in a season with 14.5, besting the previous record set by Kony Ealy two seasons earlier. Did we mention it's only Week 9?

The next defensive series for the Tigers was much of the same. critical stops on first and second down to set up a 3rd and long. And who else — Shane Ray — came up with the 3rd and 9 tackle to give the ball back to Missouri's offense, trailing by just 5 now.

Ray's heroics, and strong performances by role players helped the Tigers overcome a terrible outing by backup QB Corbin Berkstresser in his 4th appearance in relief of Maty Mauk, whose injury was supposed to last just 1 week according to early estimates by team doctors. Berkstresser completed just 22 of 37 passes, with 4 INTs, and never seemed to settle down until the very final drive of the game.

Driving down 5 with 3 TOs, Berkstresser moved the ball methodically, using up most of the clock on the way, before connecting on a 5-yard TD to WR Dorial Green-Beckham. He led the team with 9 catches for 89 yards and a score.

Missouri gets a breather next week with a game at (2-5) Kentucky, followed by a home game against (2-6) Tennessee, before back-to-back ranked games against No. 6 Michigan State and No. 15 Florida. The Week 13 Florida matchup will likely decide the winner of the division.

--

Players of the Game

Offense: WR Dorial Green-Beckham -- 9 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD
Defense: DE Shane Ray -- 8 tackles, 7 for a loss, 4 sacks, 1 FF
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:21 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Well guys, I have decided to hang up my headset and leave this game, due to getting a PS4 for Christmas. It was a fun ride this season and I didn't quite build the team the way I wanted to, and thats all on me. It was a pleasure playing with you gentlemen. Good luck in the rest of the league.

No problem man, it was fun while it lasted.  Enjoy that PS4.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:22 pm
SquirrelHunter wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:3 B1G West teams in the Top 6 (#1 Iowa, #2 Nebraska and #6 Michigan State).

you two play at the end of the year right?

Yup, in Iowa City.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:23 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
EPIC COMEBACK STUNS SOUTH CAROLINA

Missouri 32, South Carolina 29

Week 9 Open Shane
Down 12, with South Carolina getting ready to snap it on 1st and Goal late in the 4th quarter, Missouri DE Shane Ray saw the whole season slipping away.

"We had to have this one man," Ray said afterward. "Have you seen the standings? 3-2. 3-2. 3-2. You don't want to be the first team to three losses."

Ray, the fifth year senior who no one thought could fill the shoes of Kony Ealy, took a stand.

After the Gamecocks went backwards on first and second down, Ray feinted outside, where he'd been dominating all day, then spun middle and accelerated toward the QB.

Sack. Fumble. Touchdown Missouri.

If he wasn't on the Defensive Player of the Year radar before, Ray certainly is now. In a must-win road game, Ray finished with 8 tackles, 7 for a loss, a forced fumble — oh, and a school record 4 sacks.

He also broke the Mizzou record for sacks in a season with 14.5, besting the previous record set by Kony Ealy two seasons earlier. Did we mention it's only Week 9?

The next defensive series for the Tigers was much of the same. critical stops on first and second down to set up a 3rd and long. And who else — Shane Ray — came up with the 3rd and 9 tackle to give the ball back to Missouri's offense, trailing by just 5 now.

Ray's heroics, and strong performances by role players helped the Tigers overcome a terrible outing by backup QB Corbin Berkstresser in his 4th appearance in relief of Maty Mauk, whose injury was supposed to last just 1 week according to early estimates by team doctors. Berkstresser completed just 22 of 37 passes, with 4 INTs, and never seemed to settle down until the very final drive of the game.

Driving down 5 with 3 TOs, Berkstresser moved the ball methodically, using up most of the clock on the way, before connecting on a 5-yard TD to WR Dorial Green-Beckham. He led the team with 9 catches for 89 yards and a score.

Missouri gets a breather next week with a game at (2-5) Kentucky, followed by a home game against (2-6) Tennessee, before back-to-back ranked games against No. 6 Michigan State and No. 15 Florida. The Week 13 Florida matchup will likely decide the winner of the division.

--

Players of the Game

Offense: WR Dorial Green-Beckham -- 9 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD
Defense: DE Shane Ray -- 8 tackles, 7 for a loss, 4 sacks, 1 FF

WOW, sounds like an awesome game.  Nice win.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm
Yeah, this hasn't been my best season, but almost every single game has been down to the wire. I've come back from 2 scores down in the 4th three times now, I think.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:24 pm
Iowa Gets Back To Basics In Victory

After struggling in the passing game in recent weeks the Iowa Hawkeyes got back to old school football and pounded the Northwestern Wildcats for 395 yards on the ground.  Northwestern came out feisty and scored on their first two possession but things change when Malik Rucker returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD to tie the score.  Iowa then forced two three and outs while Rucker provided big punt returns that set up two one play drives in the form of Jason Wade TD runs.  Wade finished with 219 yards rushing and a school single game record 4 rushing TD while RB Jason Canzeri added 128 yards and a score on the ground.  Iowa won 58-46 in a game that never felt as close as the score would indicate.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:15 pm
FYI, week advances tonight.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:49 am
Im back fellas I was on vacation will play my gamehere shortly if it hasnt advanced already.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:56 pm
So I played my game supersimmed after the 2nd q and I won 73-0 vs 50 overall Oregon scratch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum