American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 11 Open Empty Week 11 Open

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:42 pm
Week 11 is now open.  I will advance the week on Wednesday (1/8 ).
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Week 11 Open Empty Re: Week 11 Open

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:53 pm
AL 35 LSU 17

After a huge non-conference road win, the Crimson Tide returned home to take on their hated rival LSU in the Game of the Week. This could have turned into a trap game especially after the effort given in Lincoln last week but the Crimson Tide answered the bell. 

Things got off to a great start with the defense getting LSU to punt on their first series. The offense took advantage of great field position on the punt with Chris Phillips taking it in for 30 yards to start of the game with the first score. Our defense forced LSU to punt again and the offense once again started driving before turning it over on offense. LSU responded by scoring 17 unanswered points and taking a 10 point lead into half. 

After making some necessary halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball, we proceeded to take the second half kickoff and head out on a 7 play scoring drive. LSU punted on their next possession and never saw the ball again in the third quarter. Our dual headed QB and RB attack led an 11 play scoring drive capped off by a TJ Yeldon TD to take a 21-17 lead with 6:19 left in the fourth. 

LSU's next drive ended with a dropped pass on fourth down and Chris Phillips capped off a 7 play drive with a 13 yard rushing TD. On LSU's very next possession the defense forced a fumble on the first play which was recovered by Reggie Ragland. Chris Phillips took it in for another score to put the game away at 35 - 17. The game was a lot closer than the score indicated and we're really proud of the effort of our defense in shutting out a tough offense in the second half. 

Player of the Game: Chris Phillips 13 Car, 109 Yards, 3TD

BCS Rankings
We were pleasantly surprised to see ourselves jumping 5 spots to be ranked #1 in the Media poll and jumping 4 spots to #2 in the recent BCS rankings. At this point we control our own destiny which is a huge turn around from how things were looking after the Mizzou loss. If things stay the same it's looking like a rematch against Mizzou in the SEC championship and a rematch of last year's BCS championship against Iowa. 

Recruiting Update
On the recruiting front we got a commitment from: 

Marcus Maxey (4 Star) #21 ATH from Talladega, AL. As we stated in our last recruiting recap we are committed to getting the top in state prospects each and every year. 

This week we had five recruits on campus and hope the game day atmosphere and performance on the field will help us to close the deal on all of them so that we can focus on our remaining prospects. 
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:20 pm
i'm back
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:24 pm
SquirrelHunter wrote:i'm back

Damn, one day too late as Michigan State lost to in-state rival Michigan last week I believe.

But good to have you back man.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:09 pm
My Inactivity

Wassup fellas.  I just wanted to apologize for not being as active as I should (full game write-ups, weekly write-ups, etc) but as I mentioned before I recently started a new job so I've been working longer hours due to training, learning, etc. 

I'm hoping to eventually get back to posting more but for the foreseeable future I don't see things getting much better. 

Hopefully everyone is still enjoying participating.  Thanks to everyone for continuing to play your games and the stories/write-ups that you guys have been posting.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:12 pm
Huskers rebound versus Wildcats. With no Venric Mark or Kain Colter, the putty tats are a fraction of their former selves.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:28 am
The CPU controlled Hawkeyes go on the road and fall to Indiana in a sim loss.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 pm
Are you serious Pitt? 

SIM is no respecter of rankings or team strengths!! Crazy.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum