American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 13 Open Empty Week 13 Open

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:59 am
Week 13 is now open.  I will advance the week on Saturday (9/14).
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Week 13 Open Empty Re: Week 13 Open

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm
Missouri landed three more commits this week:

*** SS Kirk Underwood from Clayton, MO. 68 OVR, but not fully scouted
*** G Josh Gutierrez from Homewood, IL. 68 OVR
*** HB Damon Dowdell from Waxahachie, TX ... 65 OVR speed back

Class so far:

4/5-star: 0
3-star: 4
2-star: 2
1-star: 0

O-line: 3
LB: 1
DB: 1
HB: 1

Haven't landed any 4-star guys yet, but I should have a couple big commitments in the next few weeks. Also, Missouri is currently third in the running for it top target, 4-star G Joe Young, behind Alabama and Georgia. But Mizzou is the only school he hasn't visited yet, giving the Tigers a possible leg up down the stretch.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:31 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:Missouri landed three more commits this week:

*** SS Kirk Underwood from Clayton, MO. 68 OVR, but not fully scouted
*** G Josh Gutierrez from Homewood, IL. 68 OVR
*** HB Damon Dowdell from Waxahachie, TX ... 65 OVR speed back

Class so far:

4/5-star: 0
3-star: 4
2-star: 2
1-star: 0

O-line: 3
LB: 1
DB: 1
HB: 1

Haven't landed any 4-star guys yet, but I should have a couple big commitments in the next few weeks. Also, Missouri is currently third in the running for it top target, 4-star G Joe Young, behind Alabama and Georgia. But Mizzou is the only school he hasn't visited yet, giving the Tigers a possible leg up down the stretch.
I'm right there with ya.  I think I've had only one four star recruit but the one thing I've found this year is you have to scout because there are some good players out there that are only listed as 2 and 3 stars.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:47 pm
I picked up 8 more commits this week all 3 stars, but 6 of them have overall rating over 70. This weeks spotlight will focus on the 3 Gems of the bunch

The first is Josh Nixon a hard hitting CB from Bruton, MI.   A GEM with a rating of 72(+6)

The next is Tom Stevenson a run stopping DT from Bowling Green, KY. A GEM with a rating of 68(+6)

And finally James Williams a pass rushing DE from Benton Harbor, MI. A GEM with a rating of 62(+7).

Although I only have 2 4-stars in this class so far, with 5 GEMS committed this class is turning out pretty nice for me.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm
Week 13 Open News_around_the_league_670

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty
News Around The League
Week 13

As we head into Week 13 we take a quick look at some of the things making headlines around the league:

Still Perfect

In yet another thrilling user matchup, the Cornhuskers remained undefeated as they held off Sparty en route to a 31-28 victory.  Taylor Martinez was held in check on the ground but was still effective through the air throwing for 176 yards and 2 scores.

Week 13 Open Nebras10
Nebraska LB D Santos clinches the win with a pick in the fourth.

One more win to Indy

The dream run of the Fighting Illini came to an end in Week 12 as they fell to Ohio State.  The win for the Buckeyes means that with one more victory in their last two games they will clinch a spot in the B1G Championship (assuming the tie-breaker code is correct) by virtue of owning wins over both Penn State and Wisconsin.

Still holding out Hope

Missouri finds itself in a three way tie for first in the SEC East while Virginia Tech, despite their win last week, remains one game behind the Hurricanes.  Both teams still need help to get to their conference championship games but in the words of Lloyd Christmas ...

QB's on Top

The Heisman Race is starting to heavily favor the QB as the top 3 in the running are QB Taylor Martinez (Nebraska), QB Jordan Lynch (Northern Illinois) and QB Braxton Miller (Ohio State).  Will Martinez or Miller join Phillip Sims as user controlled QB's who have won the Heisman?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:40 pm
Hawkeyes Send Seniors and Fans Home Happy

Week 13 Open 106379484_crop_650x440

It was the last home game of the season meaning this would be the last time the seniors played on Kinnick Field.  The Hawkeyes were fired up and the offense put on a show as they rolled up 234 yards on the ground while Jake Rudock threw for 301 yards en route to putting up 41 points on the Wolverines defense.  However, as good as the offense was, the defense was equally as bad surrendering 230 yards on the ground and 426 total yards of offense to the Wolverines.  Luckily for the Hawkeye faithful they were able to hold the Wolverines to just 38 points, hahaha.  Michigan was forced into a three and out on their first possession and little did anyone know that it would be the only punt of the game.  In fact that would be the only time a possession did not end in a score with the exception of Michigan's desperation heave at the end of the first half.  Michigan's RB Fitzgerald Toussaint ran in a TD from 2 yards out for Michigan with just 1:04 on the clock to tie the game, but nobody in the stadium had any thoughts of overtime the way this game was going.  Sophomore QB Jake Rudock led the team right down the field, aided by a 36 yards run down the sideline by Mike Malloy, as the Hawkeyes kicked the game winning FG as the clock expired.  The Hawkeyes move to 10-1 on the season and remain undefeated in conference play heading into next week's epic showdown with the Nebraska Cornhuskers.  The winner of that game will decide who goes to the B1G Championship game as well as bragging rights in this border rivalry.

FINAL SCORE

Michigan Wolverines 38
Iowa Hawkeyes 41

PLAYER OF THE GAME

QB Jake Rudock

19/22 for 301 Yards
3 TD
0 INT
14 Rushes
45 Yards
2 TD
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 pm
SNOWMAGEDDON CONTINUES

Missouri 35, Ole Miss 21

Week 13 Open Screen14

The perpetually unranked Missouri Tigers on Saturday defeated a ranked opponent for the 3rd time in 2013, knocking off the No. 21 Ole Miss Rebels in Oxford.
But the game was overshadowed by a bizarre rant in the post-game press conference in which Coach Mustard called on the NCAA to investigate the weather.

"It's compromising the integrity of the entire game," Mustard said, between sips of hot chocolate. "My team has played more snow games in the last four weeks than this program has in the last decade put together. Don't tell me that hasn't had a negative effect on our season, and don't tell me it's a coincidence."

Reporters wondered aloud how the NCAA would even investigate something like the weather, or if Mustard understood how meteorology even worked, but Mustard ignored them, and continued his rant.

"I mean, one or two games, sure," Mustard said. "Three, MAYBE, but they better be in some place really cold, like one of the f---ing Dakotas. You mean to tell me it just happened to snow 10 inches in Mississippi? Before Thanksgiving?

"NOPE. Not buying it."

When asked whether the NCAA would consider such an investigation, an NCAA spokesman laughed, then said: "Oh wait. You're serious?" before hastily declining to comment.

"I guess I'd better run it by the league office just to make sure," he said.

With the win, Missouri improved to 7-4 overall, 4-3 in conference play, and 1-2 in the snow.

HB Henry Josey was spectacular in the victory, rushing for 136 yards and 3 TDs on 19 carries, before leaving the game with back spasms. He is expected to miss next week's game against Texas A&M, but should return in time to play in the team's bowl game.

QB Maty Mauk also left the game briefly with bruised ribs, but he would return after a few plays.

After Josey went out, backup running back Marcus Murphy picked up right where he left off, rushing for 92 yards and 1 TD of his own on 12 second half carries.

Next up for Missouri is a clash against No. 17 Texas A&M. Meteorologists expect clear skies and brisk temperatures in College Station next weekend. The game, however, is in Columbia, which is expected to get a record 22 inches of snow.

--

Players of the Game:
Offense: HB Henry Josey -- 136 yards on 19 carries, 3 TDs
Defense: DE Kony Ealy -- 1 sack, 2 tackles for a loss, 6 snowballs thrown
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 pm

BOWL PROJECTIONS

These are just the ones the game picked out. Thought it might be fun to see where they have all the user teams going. Sorry if I missed anyone. As of now, there's not a single user vs. user game projected:

BCS National Championship: Oklahoma vs. Nebraska
Fiesta Bowl: Iowa vs. Louisville
Rose Bowl: Northern Illinois (?!) vs. Oregon
Outback Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Penn State
Capital One Bowl: Florida vs. Ohio State
Sun Bowl: USC vs. Virginia Tech
Music City Bowl: Missouri vs. Virginia
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: Kansas vs. Illinois
AdvoCare V100 Bowl: UCF vs. Georgia Tech
Meineke Car Care Bowl: Michigan State vs. Oklahoma State
Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Oregon State
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:22 am
Ring the bells! VA Tech has gained it's first two recruits. #1 Rated 5Star TE George Jones(starter next year), and Virginia's very own Kicker Terrence Morse(3star).
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 am
MeanMrMustard wrote:
SNOWMAGEDDON CONTINUES

Missouri 35, Ole Miss 21

Week 13 Open Screen14

The perpetually unranked Missouri Tigers on Saturday defeated a ranked opponent for the 3rd time in 2013, knocking off the No. 21 Ole Miss Rebels in Oxford.
But the game was overshadowed by a bizarre rant in the post-game press conference in which Coach Mustard called on the NCAA to investigate the weather.

"It's compromising the integrity of the entire game," Mustard said, between sips of hot chocolate. "My team has played more snow games in the last four weeks than this program has in the last decade put together. Don't tell me that hasn't had a negative effect on our season, and don't tell me it's a coincidence."

Reporters wondered aloud how the NCAA would even investigate something like the weather, or if Mustard understood how meteorology even worked, but Mustard ignored them, and continued his rant.

"I mean, one or two games, sure," Mustard said. "Three, MAYBE, but they better be in some place really cold, like one of the f---ing Dakotas. You mean to tell me it just happened to snow 10 inches in Mississippi? Before Thanksgiving?

"NOPE. Not buying it."

When asked whether the NCAA would consider such an investigation, an NCAA spokesman laughed, then said: "Oh wait. You're serious?" before hastily declining to comment.

"I guess I'd better run it by the league office just to make sure," he said.

With the win, Missouri improved to 7-4 overall, 4-3 in conference play, and 1-2 in the snow.

HB Henry Josey was spectacular in the victory, rushing for 136 yards and 3 TDs on 19 carries, before leaving the game with back spasms. He is expected to miss next week's game against Texas A&M, but should return in time to play in the team's bowl game.

QB Maty Mauk also left the game briefly with bruised ribs, but he would return after a few plays.

After Josey went out, backup running back Marcus Murphy picked up right where he left off, rushing for 92 yards and 1 TD of his own on 12 second half carries.

Next up for Missouri is a clash against No. 17 Texas A&M. Meteorologists expect clear skies and brisk temperatures in College Station next weekend. The game, however, is in Columbia, which is expected to get a record 22 inches of snow.

--

Players of the Game:
Offense: HB Henry Josey -- 136 yards on 19 carries, 3 TDs
Defense: DE Kony Ealy -- 1 sack, 2 tackles for a loss, 6 snowballs thrown
You finally broke the snow curse! I thought I'd be the only one who would.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:26 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
BOWL PROJECTIONS

These are just the ones the game picked out. Thought it might be fun to see where they have all the user teams going. Sorry if I missed anyone. As of now, there's not a single user vs. user game projected:

Those are pretty interesting:

How much would EDJ try to run it up on the hated Oklahoma Sooners.  An old school Big 8 game for the title.

I know Coach Tressel hates Florida and would love every opportunity to beat them in big games.

How emotionally conflicted will Coach Davis be in that game?  Would he take it easy on his beloved Trojans?
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:36 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
MeanMrMustard wrote:
BOWL PROJECTIONS

How much would EDJ try to run it up on the hated Oklahoma Sooners.  An old school Big 8 game for the title.

I know Coach Tressel hates Florida and would love every opportunity to beat them in big games.

How emotionally conflicted will Coach Davis be in that game?  Would he take it easy on his beloved Trojans?
That would be bad for me I got out of the pac to not play them or with them lol
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:25 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
MeanMrMustard wrote:
BOWL PROJECTIONS

As a great rival, I respect Oklahoma. Yes I'd try and beat the piss out of them. But I wouldn't run up the score intentionally. Texas, or Iowa? That's a different story...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:17 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
As a great rival, I respect Oklahoma. Yes I'd try and beat the piss out of them. But I wouldn't run up the score intentionally. Texas, or Iowa? That's a different story...
(... as Coach Steel Pitt cuts out the quote to add to the bulletin board)
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 pm
Week 13 Open Commit10
Week 13 Open 5_B_0_1_0_0_0_SnapShot
J.J. Smith
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
#5 CB (#165 in Nation)
Brecksville-Broadview Heights (OH)

The B-B Bees stud Cornerback boasts incredible athleticism (93 speed, 94 acceleration) and incredible awareness (88 Play Recognition, 89 Zone Coverage). The elite CB turned down 5 other B1G schools, including hometown heroes, the Buckeyes, as well as Alabama and Notre Dame.  J.J. will contend for an immediate starting job due to a mass exodus of graduating Seniors, or the nickelback job should he falter.

The good news was met with some poor news. Fellow CB target Jake Siegel decided to stay closer to home and commit to Florida, similar to how Johnny Manziel turned tail as soon as Marcus Mariota committed to Oregon. Scaredy cat.

Week 13 Open Recrui21
  • Brad Golden once again appears to be leaning towards the Huskers after giving Iowa some love for the past few weeks after his Kinnick visit. Could the local give his word before even officially visiting Memorial Stadium?
  • One DE recruit isn't enough though. David Busch has dropped Illinois down a notch to list the Huskers on top.
Week 13 Open 100067990
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:57 am
the_EDJ wrote:
Week 13 Open Recrui21

• Brad Golden once again appears to be leaning towards the Huskers after giving Iowa some love for the past few weeks after his Kinnick visit. Could the local give his word before even officially visiting Memorial Stadium?

Yeah, I've all but conceded that battle and my point allocation this week reflects that.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 pm
Illinois humiliates Rob Henry, defeats Purdue 42-28. Rob Henry (QB of Purdue) has a horrendous game, finishing 10/29 for less than 200 yards, and 2 INTs. Scheelhaase had a lackluster game, but the story of the game was Josh Ferguson, who finally busted out a near 100 yard game and 3 combined TDs. Mason Monheim was all over the field, leading the charge with 11 Tackles, 3 for loss. Jonathan Brown added an interception and 3 tackles. Next up, the showdown against Northwestern.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:49 pm
Week advances tomorrow.  4 games remaining:

Penn State vs Nebraska
Ohio State vs Indiana
Notre Dame vs BYU
Oregon vs Arizona

Buckeye - I know you speak to Degenerate, do you know if everything is ok with him?  He hasn't played any games in the last 4-5 weeks and hasn't been online in about 2 1/2 weeks.  Hopefully everything is ok with him.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:24 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Week advances tomorrow.  4 games remaining:

Penn State vs Nebraska
Ohio State vs Indiana
Notre Dame vs BYU
Oregon vs Arizona

Buckeye - I know you speak to Degenerate, do you know if everything is ok with him?  He hasn't played any games in the last 4-5 weeks and hasn't been online in about 2 1/2 weeks.  Hopefully everything is ok with him.
Nice of you ask, he just started a new job and I think he's working some very long hours including weekends.. I'll ask him if he wants you to hold his spot until he settles into a normal schedule... Although Oregon seems to be doing much better without him..lol
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:30 pm
Ohio State vs Indiana, a matchup so big it had to be played 3 times until it made it through to the final whistle...

Guess I'm lucky though, in the the second one I was down 42-35 with 2 min left and they had the ball... Then the game just started showing rotating views of Ohio stadium...  First one I was also down (9-0)in the second quarter when the same thing happend..

Anyway the last one was least interesting, Ohio State blasts the Hoosiers 38-6 behind senior Carlos Hyde's 116 yds and 4 TDs...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:04 pm
One game remaining:

Nebraska vs Penn State
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:51 pm
I'd like to play tonight if ill is around. There's no guessing where my mind will be after the Husker game tomorrow...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 pm
the_EDJ wrote:I'd like to play tonight if ill is around. There's no guessing where my mind will be after the Husker game tomorrow...
FYI, I have set illmatic to auto-pilot so you can play the CPU.  If for some reason he shows back up tomorrow and you guys can schedule a time I will throw out the results of your CPU game and you two can play.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 pm
It's halftime of the UCLA-Nebraska ill. If I don't get a response by the end of the game, I'll go ahead and play vs the CPU.  

Hope all is good, it's not like you to note respond PMs and text messages.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:01 pm
NebraskaNebraska overcomes Curse of the Red ZonePenn State
Week 13 Open NCA14PS3_48_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_inE
Let's explain the headline. Nebraska was only able to manage a 50% success rate in the red zone on the day. There was just something about crossing the 20 yard line. An inopportune fumble, an interception, and a Taylor Martinez concussion that knocked him out of the game late all took place in the red zone.  Maybe that's just the curse of the dreaded snow game?

Penn State's offense was near unstoppable at moments cutting in the slipper snow with ease, while Husker players tripped among themselves trying to make cuts. And I've never seen so many screen passes. Seriously ill, how small is your playbook that the CPU can only run the same handful of plays in the same situation over and over?

Final Score
Nebraska 35
Penn State 24

Nebraska further survives the gauntlet in prime position for a title run. All that looms now is Iowa. And now there are questions about Taylor Martinez' health due to the concussion. Will he play? Will he be strong enough to lift the Heisman? What about the defense? Will they rebound from an abysmal showing? It's two weeks now that offenses have carved them up.  So much worry in the heartland.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:59 pm
the_EDJ wrote: