American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 12 Open

+5
truth_n_babylon
MoneyNades
MeanMrMustard
OV4U2
Steel Pitt
9 posters
Go down

Who will win the Game of the week?

3 - 43%
4 - 57%

Total Votes: 7

Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 12 Open Empty Week 12 Open

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:14 pm
Week 12 is now open.  I will advance the week on Tuesday (9/10).

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Week 12 Open Empty Re: Week 12 Open

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:33 pm
Notre Dame's recent success on the field has paid dividends in recruiting as the Irish get 2 more verbal commits for this class.

The first is Gary Rivers a 4 star Gem ATH from Illinois, with a rating of 77(+7).  He has the skill set to play QB or WR. Being that his Carrying rating is 90 and his THP and THA are 81 and 82 respectively Coach Kelly is looking at him as a  dual threat QB. Rivers stated that it would be an honor and a privilege  to play QB at the University of Notre Dame.

The next commit is Blake Smith a 3 star DE from Florida, while only 233 lbs he specializes in stopping the run. Don't let the #93 DE rating fool you, this kid has a grade of 69(+4) and will out work anyone rated ahead off him. Smith's goal is to add some pass rushing moves to compliment his ability to stuff the run.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:43 pm
Bye week... grumble grumble.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:52 pm
On the bright side, my recruiting class is finally starting to take shape.

Two more recruits this week, to give me 5 total.

Missouri's class so far:

*** G Josh Gutierrez (No. 21 G); 68 OVR
*** HB Damon Dowdell (No. 62 HB); 65 OVR
*** C John Wilcox (No. 16 C); 65 OVR
** MLB Richard Haynes (No. 72 MLB); 64 OVR
** T Zach Baker (No. 112 T); 60-ish OVR ... never scouted
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:59 pm
The Hokies take on #18 Maryland without JC Coleman lets hope for the best!
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:10 pm
Ga Tech loses to an unstoppable Clemson offense 49-21. I actually had the lead at the half but then the CPU stopped messing around and hypnotized my DBs into forgetting how to cover their zones. It was over when Clemson drove 95 yards in 5 plays early in the 4th which effectively took the wind out of the sails of the Yellow Jackets and put Clemson in the lead for good. 

O well. bye bye ACC championship. Next up UGA in 2 weeks.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:12 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:Ga Tech loses to an unstoppable Clemson offense 49-21. I actually had the lead at the half but then the CPU stopped messing around and hypnotized my DBs into forgetting how to cover their zones. It was over when Clemson drove 95 yards in 5 plays early in the 4th which effectively took the wind out of the sails of the Yellow Jackets and put Clemson in the lead for good. 

O well. bye bye ACC championship. Next up UGA in 2 weeks.
Tough loss man.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 pm
First look at the semi-finalists for the User Awards posted in the SportsCenter section.

Congrats to those in the running.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:49 pm
Week 12 Open Game-of-the-week

#5 Ohio State at Illinois

Week 12 Open OSU_illinois

Another week in the B1G and another big game.  The Game of The Week for the AALoA comes to us from Champaign, Illinois as that #5 Ohio State Buckeyes get set to pay the Fighting Illini of Illinois a visit.  Leaders Division supremacy is on the line as Ohio State can pull a leg up on the competition with the win or a loss could potentially spell a four way tie atop the division between Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Penn State.  This will be a classic matchup of defense versus offense as the Illini bring one of the best offenses in the country.  Illinois, led by QB Nathan Scheelhaase, are averaging 31 points per game (good for 13th in the country) thanks in large part to their second ranked passing attack. 

Week 12 Open Nathan-scheelhaase

Scheelhaase has thrown for 2,606 yards and 20 TD

They'll need to put up points because their defense has been atrocious.  There hasn't been much fight in the Fighting Illini's defense as they rank #123 in total defense, #121 in rush defense and #119 in pass defense.  When you add in the fact that they are #116 in turnover differential you can see why they need to score so much.  Trying to slow down this attack will be Ohio State's bruising defense led by captain OLB Ryan Shazier.  The Buckeyes have been stout against the run (#4 in the country) and have the #30 ranked total defense.  The soft spot for them has been the pass defense as they only rank #89 in the country but they feature probably the best CB in the game today in CB Bradley Roby.

Week 12 Open Bradley-Roby

Roby leads all user DB's with 6 INT

Will the Fighting Illini be able to get any stops on defense?  Can Ohio State slow down this Illini passing attack?  Which mobile QB will put their stamp on this game?
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:51 pm
#21 VA Tech blows out #18 Maryland 35-14. Senior QB Logan Thomas had another amazing game going 7/9 99Yards 1TD While adding two more TDs on the ground. Backup Senior RB Tony Gregory gaings 112yards on 17carries adding 2more scores. My defense was on point my CBs kept Stefon Diggs on point. Coach Davis is still hoping that he can get in the ACC Championship.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 pm
I think i'm finally comfortable.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:39 pm
PSU takes Down Purdue

This game played out remarkably similar to PSU VS Minnesota last week. Hackenberg had a big day, though he threw a an interception that allowed Purdue to make things interesting. For the first time all year, PSU had 2 100yard receivers. WRs Lewis and Kenney were the main targets as Allen Robinson was contained for most of the day. Penn State's defense was constantly in the backfield, using a lot of blitzes. Purdue's QB was able to escape for some big runs, but also made some 3rd down mistakes.

Penn State coach Eversole has told reporters that he is abandoning the Read/Option style offense that he installed at the beginning of the season. Over the past few games, Penn State has opened up in more 4 and 5 WR sets with great success. With Allen Robinson hopefully returning, young WRs already getting playing time, and the possibility of a few top WRs committing to PSU, it looks like the Nittany Lions will be going to the air more often.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:55 pm
The miraculous run of the Fighting Illini is over, as a loss 34-31 to the Ohio State Buckeyes all but clinches the division for Buckeye. A missed 45 yarder due to wind ends up biting me in the ass. Great game Buckeye.
A diving catch on 3rd & 12 sealed the game for me also....so close to pulling off the biggest upset ever.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 pm
SquirrelHunter and I will try to play Tuesday around 8 central. Seems to be the only day that works.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:35 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:The miraculous run of the Fighting Illini is over, as a loss 34-31 to the Ohio State Buckeyes all but clinches the division for Buckeye. A missed 45 yarder due to wind ends up biting me in the ass. Great game Buckeye.
A diving catch on 3rd & 12 sealed the game for me also....so close to pulling off the biggest upset ever.
That was a great game... 

Illinois jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead in the 1st after whch Ohio State ran off 17 unanswered to take the lead 17-14...but with :15 seconds left Illinois managed to work their way downfield into FG range to pull into a 17-17 tie at the half...

Quiet 3rd quarter led to a crazy 4th in which both teams went up and down the field scoring... After Nathan Scheelhaase ran for a 7 yd TD to pull Illinois to within 3, the Illini had Ohio State in a 3rd and 12, with 2 min remaining... Braxton Miller saw Michael Thomas crossing deep over the middle splitting the safeties, and lofted the ball high to get over the dropping MLB, but a little too far in front of Thomas, until Thomas laid out for the diving catch and 1st down allowing Ohio State to run the clock out...

GG Ani, def outplayed me, hanging in there with such a ratings disparity...
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:37 pm
by the way Ani I had no problem with you kicking that onside... I called the timeout cause wanted to get my hands team out there to try and recover... hope you didn't think u had to kick off to me...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 pm
the_EDJ wrote:SquirrelHunter and I will try to play Tuesday around 8 central. Seems to be the only day that works.
sounds good.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 pm
The user games have been great all around this season.

Sounds like another classic in the Game of the Week.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm
BK_Buckeye wrote:by the way Ani I had no problem with you kicking that onside... I called the timeout cause wanted to get my hands team out there to try and recover... hope you didn't think u had to kick off to me...
i changed my mind at the last minute to not onside since i had all 3 timeouts and didnt want you to end up scoring thats why i sent the message.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm
MichiganStateDo You Believe in T-Magic?!Nebraska 
Week 12 Open NCA14PS3_47_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_gei
Nebraska survives a major scare from a Michigan State team with their hands on the Huskers' throats ready to squeeze. The two teams had a roller coaster of a game with big plays and bad luck going both ways.  After a strong showing in the first half, Michigan State ended Nebraska first second half drive and scored to extend their lead on a massive controversial call. MSU QB scrambles, meets defenders and the ball pops loose. MSU picks the ball up after it squeaks out from the scrum, and a TD is called despite the defender standing between the goalline and 1 yard line.  When things looked bleak, the Huskers found a way to get down the field and score again to draw within four.
Week 12 Open NCA14PS3_44_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_uvi
The fourth quarter was exciting until the end. Down by 4, Nebraska ripped off a monster run on a basic HB Power with Ameer Abdullah who refused to go down, and refused to leave the field despite being gassed. The play led to a 25 yard TD pass where Martinez connected with Jamal Turner by dropping the pass over the coverage, but under the ball hawking safety who had been making life miserable for receivers all day long.  Now up 3, Nebraska forced a 4th and 2 with a little over 3 or 4 minutes in the game. AALOA rules forced the punt despite Coach Hunter's urge to go for it. But with three time outs, Sparty punted, and it led to Nebraska pushing down the field. Getting a few key stops, the Huskers faced 4th down, and the kicking team set up for a 53 yard field goal...CLANG off the cross bar, just short (left the meter a 1/4 inch off max or it'd be good) and MSU was still alive. One play into the game defining drive, Michigan State is down one, and freshman QB Damion Terry looks left to find MLB David Santos of Nebraska to end the game on an INT. Nebraska would kneel out the clock and breathe a sigh of relief.  Game 1 of the Gauntlet is down.

Final Score
MichiganState 28
Nebraska 31

MSU was doing everything in their might to stop Martinez from breaking big gains with his feet. The QB was near perfect through the air, with no picks and 2 TDs. All of his rushing yardage came on scrambles from the ferocious Spartan pass rush. Player of the Game is shared between Martinez and Abdullah.
Squirrel faced odd penalties at inopportune time, like multiple phantom facemasks. Both teams had ridiculous sticky glue coverage at times. Squirrel would complete passes throwing into coverage, I'd take sacks or almost throw picks. My coverage either covered great, despite giving up passes, or was nowhere to be found at times. Crazy stuff. Good game Squirrel.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum