American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Open

+5
OV4U2
Animosity1oAK
the_EDJ
illmatic717
Steel Pitt
9 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 8 Open Empty Week 8 Open

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:10 pm
Week 8 is now open.  I will advance the week on Monday (9/2).
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Week 8 Open Empty Re: Week 8 Open

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:17 pm
Hey Steel, thought I saw you mention it in Week 7, but is there an NCAA website for our league? Kinda like how there is one for Madden where you can check out rosters and stats and stuff? Just wondering.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:Hey Steel, thought I saw you mention it in Week 7, but is there an NCAA website for our league? Kinda like how there is one for Madden where you can check out rosters and stats and stuff? Just wondering.
NCAA Dynasty Wire Link
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:54 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
illmatic_216 wrote:Hey Steel, thought I saw you mention it in Week 7, but is there an NCAA website for our league? Kinda like how there is one for Madden where you can check out rosters and stats and stuff? Just wondering.
NCAA Dynasty Wire Link
There are also links on the Portal underneath your avatar title "Franchise Links."
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:20 pm
Illinois is completely destroyed. 63-24 by Wisconsin. I dont even know what to say.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:23 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Illinois is completely destroyed. 63-24 by Wisconsin. I dont even know what to say.
Yikes, did the blowout to Nebraska have some lingering effects?  Did it hurt the mental make up of your team?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 am
Animosity1oAK wrote:Illinois is completely destroyed. 63-24 by Wisconsin. I dont even know what to say.
Wow, I just looked at the stats ...

N. Sheelhaase (Illinois QB) threw 6 INT (8 total team INT)

J. White (Wisconsin RB) ran 51 times for 268 yards ... 51 rushes (and the team still managed 13 more rushes and 26 pass attempts)
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 am
Notre Dame is destroyed 49-14, the game wasn't close at all. The Irish were 2-11 on 3rd down which most of their 7 dropped passes came on. USC was unstoppable on offense and unblockable on defense, nothing i did seemed to work.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:53 am
OV4U2 wrote:Notre Dame is destroyed 49-14, the game wasn't close at all. The Irish were 2-11 on 3rd down which most of their 7 dropped passes came on. USC was unstoppable on offense and unblockable on defense, nothing i did seemed to work.
Wow.  The CPU is not playing around this year.  Between your game and Ani's, the CPU is firing shots in Week 8.  Forget about the B1G being a gauntlet schedule due to 6 users, its the CPU games against FBS major conference teams we need to worry about.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 pm
Looks like I'm lucky to be on a bye week. Hopefully the CPU gets its shenanigans out of its system by week 9.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 pm
There will be a new #1 next week as #11 Iowa pulls off the upset of #1 Ohio State 20-17 thanks to a FG at the buzzer.  Full write up to come.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:42 pm
Good week for my bye week. Phew!

Wow, the #1 goes down. Hopefully Braxton doesn't come back with a vengeance VS me in a few weeks.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:17 pm
Im telling you guys that ever since the patch the cpu has taken it up a level.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:23 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:Im telling you guys that ever since the patch the cpu has taken it up a level.
I guess I'll be looking forward to that next week.  Since the patch I've played two user games and had a bye so next week will be my first post patch CPU game (damn, and I have a bunch of recruits coming in for that game.)
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:20 pm
Illinois is completely destroyed. 63-24 by Wisconsin. I dont even know what to say.

Notre Dame is destroyed 49-14, the game wasn't close at all.
Shocked Shocked pale pale Shocked Shocked 

This does not bode well for me this week against Florida.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm
#11 Iowa Upsets #1 Ohio State 20-17

Week 8 Open Iowa_at_OSU

In what was a highly anticipated matchup of #11 Iowa vs #1 Ohio State, the Hawkeyes went into Columbus and pulled off the upset as they knocked the Buckeyes from the ranks of the unbeaten with a 20-17 victory.  It was homecoming for the students at Ohio State but unfortunately they would not return to their dorms very happy after this game ended.

Both teams came into this game wanting to establish the run against opposing defenses that rank in the top 5 in the country at stopping he run (Iowa #2 in rush defense and Ohio State #4 in rush defense).  The crowd was roaring and that obviously shook up the sophomore Iowa QB as he threw two picks on successive passes on the Hawkeyes first two drives.  Both defense came to play though as the first quarter ended in a scoreless tie.  The Buckeyes struck first as the second quarter began when QB Braxton Miller hooked up with WR Corey Brown who turned a 5 yard curl into a 64 yard scoring strike.

Week 8 Open 11510273-large
Brown finished with 6 catches for 196 yards and 2TD

Iowa tied the game on a Damn Bullock TD reception but Ohio State would take the lead into the half on a FG with just 8 seconds on the clock.

The Iowa defense would keep them in the game as they were able to shut down the Ohio State run game which they rely heavily on.  The Hawkeyes held the Buckeyes to 10 yards on 16 rushes.  With the defense stepping up, QB Jake Rudock began to settle in and he was helped by a Hawkeyes running game that found holes against this tough Buckeyes defense running for 133 yards on 30 carries as a team. 

Midway through the fourth quarter the Hawkeyes found themselves with first and goal from the Ohio State 3 yard line.  The Buckeyes defense tightened up and would stuff the Iowa QB on a 3rd down sneak from the 1 forcing the Hawkeyes to opt for 3 and a 17-10 lead.  The combination of Miller to Brown would strike again on the very first play of the next drive as the two hooked up for a 75 yard TD catch and run to tie the game.  Rudock, though, was cool and collected as he showed true grit leading the Hawkeyes down the field as they would kick the game winning FG as time expired for a 20-17 upset win over #1 Ohio State.

Week 8 Open Ohio-state-crying-man1
Words could not describe the agony pain felt by the Buckeye fans

FINAL SCORE

Iowa Hawkeyes 20
Ohio State Buckeyes 17
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:03 pm
I can never run the ball on you, ever... I'm pretty sure u could stuff me with fla Atlantic... Lol

Good game... One of these days I'm gonna beat you...
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

UCLA Bruins (2-4, 1-2) upset #20 Stanford Cardinal (4-3, 2-3)

Week 8 Open Brett+Hundley+Simon+Goines+Pac+12+Championship+luK-aaTQMi9l

Final Score (3OT)
UCLA Bruins - 61
Stanford Cardinal - 58

In a competitive battle that lasted three overtimes, the UCLA Bruins were finally able to come out on the winning end by downing the Stanford Cardinal 61-58. The Bruins dominated the first quarter, going up 10-0 before the Cardinal responded strongly in the second by tying the game 17-17 just ten seconds before the half. WR Shaquelle Evans, taking over return duties for the injured RB Damien Thigpen, took it to house for a TD just as time expired for the first half. 

The second half was more of the same back-and-forth battle that featured admirable performances from the star players of both teams. Cardinal QB Kevin Hogan and RB Anthony Wilkerson refused to let their team lose. Fortunately for the Bruins, QB Brett Hundley and his band of WRs felt exactly the same way. Hundley put on another impressive showing by throwing for 382 yards and 6 TDs. The final one came on a perfect throw to WR Kenneth Walker after the defense forced a FG from the Cardinal.

Next week, the Bruins travel to Eugene, Oregon to face the #23 Oregon Ducks. The Ducks have been facing the same inconsistencies that have hampered the Bruins' young season. The defense cannot rely on the offense to bail them out again, especially not against the Ducks' high-powered offense.

Player of the Game: WR Shaquelle Evans, 6 receptions, 82 yards, 1 TD, 8 KR, 286 yards, 1 TD (105 yards)

Week 8 Open M9wxk7-b781000421z.120120905222003000g231a5pp0.1

Hundley quarterbacked a great game, but the PotG award has to go to his security blanket, "Shaq" Evans. He tied the team in receptions and his return TD just before the half provided some breathing room to start the second half.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:17 pm
Tigers crumble against Florida

Mizzou 14, Florida 23

Week 8 Open Matt+Jones+Florida+v+Florida+State+lQILj3qO_aRl

I hate Matt Jones.

Players of the Game:
Offense: Florida HB Matt Jones -- 17 carries for 127 yards, 1 TD
Defense: Florida LB Antonio Morrison -- 8 tackles, 1 FF
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:14 pm
Two games remaining:

- Georgia Tech vs Syracuse
- Oregon vs Washington State (Degenerate has been informed that advance will not be held up if his is the only remaining game.)
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:26 pm
Week 8 Open Recrui21
Week 8 Open 1_H_B_009_SnapShot
Week 8 Open Top150 OT Rory Hubbard
Lakeside Lancers (CA)
#4 OT
#108 Overall
Week 8 Open IMG_5987_2-380x288
Hubbard has trimmed his list down to a top 6, and the battle for this young man's signature is heating up. The offensive tackle shows tremendous burst off the line, and is equally adept at both pass blocking and run blocking. While he has to work on his pad level, the physical traits are there to start early.  The early leader is Wyoming, but bigger programs are surging up the list.
Wyoming #1. Visiting this week.
Michigan #2. Surged up the rankings with a 2,255 point gain this week. Dirty cheaters. Will not be allowed to host Hubbard as 5 teams have already secured his pledge to visit.
Penn State #3. Slid from 2nd to 3rd on the list. Vists Week 12.
Week 8 Open 87 #4. Notre Dame is holding steady behind Penn State. Visits Week 10.
Tennessee #5. Another shock, the Vols shot up 1,500 recruiting points all of a sudden. Visits Week 13.
Nebraska #6. Just barely made the cut. Visits Week 14.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm
Ga Tech grinds out a win vs Syracuse 24-21.

Lets advance! I want to see if any of these visiting recruits commited.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum