American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Open

+7
illmatic717
MoneyNades
OV4U2
SquirrelHunter
truth_n_babylon
the_EDJ
Steel Pitt
11 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 7 Open Empty Week 7 Open

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:18 pm
Week 7 is now open.  I will advance the week on Thursday (8/29).
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Week 7 Open Empty Re: Week 7 Open

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:34 pm
Week 7 Open Commit10
Week 7 Open Ca7ca_BG5H_CameronGermenis
Bobby Hale has decided to forgo waiting for his official visit to Lincoln. The dual-threat QB has committed to the Huskers this week out of the blue. Coach Jeanneret calls it a coup, which is providing him with a headache that almost any head coach in the nation would be willing to have. After Martinez leaves campus, Tommy Armstrong Jr will be a Redshirt Sophomore, Johnny Stanton will be a Redshirt Freshman, and Bobby Hale will arrive a True Freshman. All three will be vying for a starting gig, and the coach has made no promises to anybody. Just that the best player will start. Coach Jeanneret is open to everything, including a QB by committee if need be.
For all the latest in recruiting and Huskers news, stay tuned to CornNation.com.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:37 pm

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty
Week 7 Preview

We are just about at the midway point of the season with several teams playing their 6th game last week and we find 4 teams from the AALoA in the Coaches Poll Top 25.  Ohio State remains #1 while Notre Dame (#11) and Iowa (#12) find themselves just outside the Top 10, but its the Cornhuskers who made the biggest leap with their brutal demolition of the "Not so much Fight in them" Illini as they jumped from #11 to #5 in the country.  After his impressive performance against Illinois, QB Taylor Martinez finds himself leading the race for the Heisman Trophy.

Week 7 Open Taylor%2520Martinez%2520T-Magic%2520Wallpaper%2520Thumbnail%2520Large
Martinez has accounted for almost 1600 total yards and 18TD

As we swing around the league for this week's action we find some compelling matchups.

Georgia Tech at #11 Notre Dame

The Yellow Jackets are coming off a heartbreaking loss to the Miami Hurricanes and now have to travel to South Bend to take on a well rested Fighting Irish squad.  This game won't effect the Yellow Jackets chances at a ACC Championship but they don't want to jump back into the home stretch of conference play riding a two game losing streak.  The Fighting Irish want to get into the Top 10 and stay in the National Title picture but how much time did they spend last week (bye week) looking ahead to next week's pivotal matchup with rival USC? 

Week 7 Open Rudy-1

Word on campus is that Rudy will make an appearance to commemorate his sack versus Georgia Tech.

Missouri at #15 Georgia

The Bulldogs come into this matchup riding a two game losing streak but what does that mean for the visiting Missouri Tigers?  Coach Mustard, despite playing with a young backup QB, has lifted to the Tigers to a 4-1 record. 

Week 7 Open Uga1

Will the Bulldogs be wounded and come into this game limping or will UGA fire up the troops in this make or break home game for Georgia?

Elsewhere around the League

Indiana at Michigan State
#5 Nebraska at Purdue
CAL at UCLA
Oregon at #23 Washington
Pitt at Virginia Tech
#23 Michigan at Penn State

Iowa, Illinois and Ohio State all have byes
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
Week 7 Open Commit10
Week 7 Open Ca7ca_BG5H_CameronGermenis
Bobby Hale has decided to forgo waiting for his official visit to Lincoln. The dual-threat QB has committed to the Huskers this week out of the blue. Coach Jeanneret calls it a coup, which is providing him with a headache that almost any head coach in the nation would be willing to have. After Martinez leaves campus, Tommy Armstrong Jr will be a Redshirt Sophomore, Johnny Stanton will be a Redshirt Freshman, and Bobby Hale will arrive a True Freshman. All three will be vying for a starting gig, and the coach has made no promises to anybody. Just that the best player will start. Coach Jeanneret is open to everything, including a QB by committee if need be.
For all the latest in recruiting and Huskers news, stay tuned to CornNation.com.
The first shots fired in the Iowa/Nebraska recruiting war and the victory goes to the Cornhuskers.  I knew convincing Midwest kids to choose Iowa over Nebraska would be tough but the war wages on.  I'm sure I'm about to lose the next battle which is DE Brad Golden, but luckily I just got a commit from a DE over the weekend.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 pm
NebraskaHuskers say PurDON'T Bang That Drum Purdue 
Week 7 Open NCA14PS3_27_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_KSJ
With Nebraska shooting up the rankings, expectations were high that the Huskers prove the critics right. With a new commit to impress, and a Senior QB racking up the Heisman buzz, the trip to Purdue had all the makings of a major trap game.  While most of the game wasn't pretty, Nebraska handled the adversity well, and it should only help them later in the season.
Jamal Turner was a mad man in the return game, opening the day with a 69 kick return. Nebraska couldn't capitalize and had to settle for 3. Taylor Martinez threw an early pick, and Purdue DT Gaston was unblockable on the afternoon. Nebraska pulled away in the 3rd Quarter. In the 4th Quarter, Purdue went on an incredible drive included converting 3 straight 4th down conversions to score a TD. Unbelievable.

Final
Nebraska 38
Purdue 21
Player of the Game
QB Taylor Martinez
3 TDs on the day with a decent rushing output and over 200 yards passing. The interception was ugly, and was likely a result of hearing Gaston's footsteps even though he didn't have pressure on the play.
Nebraska gets a Bye week to rest up and prepare for their gauntlet.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:27 pm
So what's the rule on chew clock,? Chewing clock from the start of the 4th qtr in a two possession game just kinda rubs me the wrong way. But that's probably the frustration talking because I was on the losing end.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:30 pm
What do we have the roughing the passer slider set to? Ive gotten like 5 or 6 of those in my last two games.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:53 pm
indiana gets 25% of their offense on their second play from scrimmage, a 66 yard touchdown run by stephen houston, and the msu defense dominates the rest of the way on the way to a 24-14 spartans victory. this game could easily have been more lopsided, if true freshman qb damion terry didn't throw 4 picks.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:59 pm
Notre Dame beats Gerogia Tech 30-10 behind a strong effort from the defense. Other that one long run, Notre Dame pretty much held Tech's option attack in check. Stephon Tuitt and Louis Nix anchored the Irish defensive line causing lots of disruption. Tommy Rees turned in another solid performance tossing 3 touchdowns and no interceptions. George Atkinson was slowed down by the Yellow Jacket defense but that focus on him left whole in the secondary the Rees exploited for big play after big play.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationGrand Prairie TX

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:04 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:So what's the rule on chew clock,? Chewing clock from the start of the 4th qtr in a two possession game  just kinda rubs me the wrong way. But that's probably the frustration talking because I was on the losing end.
I don't think it was the start of the 4th quarter but I was up 27-10 so it was a 3 possession game. I was trying not to run the score up that's it,  i figured it would be more classy on my part. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationGrand Prairie TX

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:11 am
OV4U2 wrote:
truth_n_babylon wrote:So what's the rule on chew clock,? Chewing clock from the start of the 4th qtr in a two possession game  just kinda rubs me the wrong way. But that's probably the frustration talking because I was on the losing end.
I don't think it was the start of the 4th quarter but I was up 27-10 so it was a 3 possession game. I was trying not to run the score up that's it,  i figured it would be more classy on my part. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:35 am
VA Tech beats Pitt 34-14. Sophomore CB Donovan Riley continues to impress Coach Davis this season as he blasted a WR to cause a tipped int, full write up to come soon.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:44 am
OV4U2 wrote:

it was 24-10 when the qtr started. you had the ball and that drive started late 3rd quarter.  I noticed you had chew clock on immediately coming out of the qtr. I held you to a FG and that made it 24-10. I thought it was a  little soon to start chewing clock. It wouldn't have mattered. I couldn't stop you anyway. GgI
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:27 am
Rules wrote:4. Call a paced game
Do not rush plays to try and pad stats, and do not milk the clock until the final 2 minutes of the game in a certain victory.
The official rules state that you shouldn't milk the clock until the final 2 minutes.  Looking at it closely the "in a certain victory" doesn't exactly make sense.  I will revise/re-write the rule later tonight and post it.

In any case, I think the rule was trying to say unless its a certain victory (huge blowout) you shouldn't be chewing the clock until the final 2 minutes.  Chewing the clock from the start of the quarter or anytime during the first 3 quarters shouldn't be done.  I know in the real game when teams have a lead they will lean on their runnign game and milk the clock early in some cases.  However, this is still a video game and we are not playing on 15 minute quarters (only 7) so its not impossible to milk an entire quarter in one drive, especially if you apply the milk the clock feature (which would be unrealistic).
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:42 pm
Penn State Beats Rival Michigan; Game Protested

Out of Happy Valley comes an unprecedented ruling by douchebag Mark Emmert of the NCAA. After a quick hearing, the NCAA board of directors has ruled that the Week 7 matchup of Michigan @ Penn State must be replayed. 

The controversy happened in the 4th quarter as Michigan needed to go 70 yards in 35 seconds with no timeouts to tie the game at 31. Not realizing that Michigan had spiked the ball, the Penn State cheerleaders ran into the endzone to celebrate. As the cameras projected video onto the Jumbotron in the North endzone, a cheerleader was seen flashing  her breasts towards the camera and giving the middle finger. A male cheerleader was seen mouthing the words "Woooo FUCK MICHIGAN. Lloyd Carr is still a bitch!!! Desmond Howard blows too!!"

Michigan immediately protested the game, citing emotional disturbance to their players. The last play of the game was a hail mary attempt batted down in the endzone.

Freshman RB Akeel Lynch had a career day, busting several runs in route to a 200 yard performance and powering Penn State to a victory. Those stats are all for not.

When word spread through the stadium of the protest and pending results, the fans left in attendance threw Calico Jack bottles onto the field. Coach Eversole was seen giving the head referee a Stone Cold Stunner followed by a Peoples' Elbow. He will be suspended for the rematch. When reached for comment, Coach Eversole said only "Doesn't surprise me Michigan was flustered by seeing out hott-ass cheerleader flash everyone. I know nobody there has ever seen a pair of tits before those fruity fa---" The broadcast was cut short before he could finish speaking his mind.

Reports indicate the rematch to be played within 24 hours.

I won 31-24. Game froze in the postgame showing a replay of a Michigan score.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 pm
Mizzou upsets Georgia

Missouri 20, Georgia 17

Week 7 Open Screen12

Dominant line play and another clutch 4th quarter by freshman QB Maty Mauk lifted the Missouri Tigers to their fourth straight win, upsetting the No. 15 Georgia Bulldogs on their home field.

"This one was big," Coach Mustard said afterward. "Truth be told, I wasn't sure how our guys were gonna respond."

Overmatched on paper, Missouri responded by controlling the line of scrimmage from the first snap, registering 5 sacks and 9 tackles for a loss on the day.

With the road win, Mizzou improved to 4-0 under Mustard, and 5-1 overall. But despite talking a 13-3 lead into halftime, the Tigers needed yet another comeback drive to secure the win.

Trailing 17-13 late in the fourth quarter, Mauk converted two 4th downs — both to WR Dorial Green-Beckham, who is having a breakout year — en route to the game-winning touchdown.

Georgia still had 2 minutes to work with on its ensuing drive, but it was derailed around midfield thanks to back-to-back sacks by DE Kony Ealy. He finished with 3 sacks on the day.

"Relieved, honestly," Mauk said, when asked for how he felt after the game. "If I hadn't thrown 3 picks we wouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. But my guys stuck with me. DGB, man -- he's a beast. He makes my job a lot easier."

Missouri won't have long to celebrate. The Tigers' brutal schedule continues next week with Florida, followed by No. 7 South Carolina a week later.

--

Players of the Game:

Offense: WR Dorial Green-Beckham -- 8 catches for 84 yards, 1 TD
Defense: DE Kony Ealy -- 5 tackles, 4 for a loss, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 pm
Wow, quick moving week already. Mustard, I don't wanna seem like I doubted you but I moreso believed in Georgia and that defense. I thought they would win. Great job by you to pull it out.

Also, I was hoping to see more of a last-second battle with that QB Nebraska got. Martinez leaving and you have great backups and the best mobile QB recruit? Someone confiscate Nebraska's four leaf clover, they are gonna be a beast team.

If anyone would suspect I would lie about my game I did take video just FYI
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:Mustard, I don't wanna seem like I doubted you but I moreso believed in Georgia and that defense. I thought they would win. Great job by you to pull it out.
LOL no worries. I definitely doubted me. Laughing
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:22 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:Also, I was hoping to see more of a last-second battle with that QB Nebraska got. Martinez leaving and you have great backups and the best mobile QB recruit? Someone confiscate Nebraska's four leaf clover, they are gonna be a beast team.
Oh, and it's fully expected that one of the "Athletes" I'm recruiting is a good QB prospect as well who will be a HB, WR, or CB... 
Amused - Cam Newton 

But seriously, those "stud" QBs I have are 83, 80 (recruit), and 71 overall prior to progression. Isn't that the same territory as Hackenberg?
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 am
the_EDJ wrote:
illmatic_216 wrote:Also, I was hoping to see more of a last-second battle with that QB Nebraska got. Martinez leaving and you have great backups and the best mobile QB recruit? Someone confiscate Nebraska's four leaf clover, they are gonna be a beast team.
Oh, and it's fully expected that one of the "Athletes" I'm recruiting is a good QB prospect as well who will be a HB, WR, or CB... 
Amused - Cam Newton 

But seriously, those "stud" QBs I have are 83, 80 (recruit), and 71 overall prior to progression. Isn't that the same territory as Hackenberg?
I think Hackenberg is a 79 true Freshman. The difference though is your SPEED at the position. And in my opinion, there's not much difference between QBs when it comes to passing. I have hardly seen any misthrown balls or bad throws that weren't a bad user-decision. I've always felt QBs could be a little over rated in Madden and NCAA because most errors in my opinion come from user decisions and dont have much to do with stats. Plus I think passing in NCAA is stupidly easy. I would KILL for that speed at QB!!!
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:26 am
Aaaaaand my game just froze again. Like I said, I have video if anyone thinks I would lie. I had some huge stats too on both sides of the ball. 

Ok so after seeing EDJs suggestion a few weeks ago and reading stuff I am going to delete the dynasty file as well as reboot and try to clean the disk. My internet is great so I don't think that's the problem. Gonna try for #3 now because I wanna play Madden all night and dont want to hold up the league because of my game.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:55 am
Penn State Finally Beats Michigan (For Real)

Deion Barnes had his 5 sacks erased with the news that the PSU VS Michigan game would have to be replayed....AGAIN. But Penn State was able to come away victorious despite Kicker Sam Ficken almost blowing another game for the Nittany Lions. Earlier in the season, Ficken hit the field goal posts as time expired on a kick that would have beaten the Hokies.

Trailing by 3 in the fourth quarter, Ficken missed a 47 yard FG attempt from the left hash mark. He was quoted as saying "Lol, I suck." Michigan took the ball and had a ridiculously time consuming drive, converting 3rd down after 3rd down before being stopped at the 3 yard line on one of their 200 screen passes on the game. Michigan kicked the FG to go up 6 with 1:15 remaining.

Following the kickoff, Michigan had a blown assignment on the first PSU play and Akeel Lynch took an option pitch 73 yards for a TD. He was seen running along the goalline, unsure if he should score with so much time remaining. Lynch's 2nd TD gave PSU a 42-41 with about a minute left.

In what can only be described as a completely stupid sequence of events, Michigan failed to use their timeouts on offense. On 3rd down with 45 seconds left, after calling a no huddle play with 5 WRs on the field, the Michigan QB just stoof there refusing to hike the ball, intentionally burning the entire playclock until only 9 seconds remained in the ball game. 

After the game, Sal Palantonio met with Michigan's Brady Hoke. 

Sal: "Brady, I know I usually follow around the Eagles so I'm not sure why I am even here. But what happened on that last series?"

Brady Hoke: "Well, we are Michigan. We are complete idiots at all times. What can I say."

Sal "You truly are. Thanks Brady."

So with that, the game ended in less than dramatic fashion. The bright spot for PSU was freshman Akeel Lynch, who fumbled on the first 2 possessions, but rebounded for 6 runs of 20+ yards, in the process racking up nearly 300 rush yards.

Michigan converted two ridiculous fake punts on 4th and long. QB Devin Gardner was, of course, unstoppable, going 26-29. Two of the incompletions were drops. The other was a spike. Penn State will be researching which cheesy play Michigan was running where the slot WR was wide open every single time out of a bunch formation. 

Penn State still has no commits from recruits and things arent lookin great.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 am
illmatic_216 wrote:

Same here, I am looking at a recruting class of 3 this year... Michigan is killing me...
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 am
illmatic_216 wrote:
Penn State Beats Rival Michigan; Game Protested

Out of Happy Valley comes an unprecedented ruling by douchebag Mark Emmert of the NCAA. After a quick hearing, the NCAA board of directors has ruled that the Week 7 matchup of Michigan @ Penn State must be replayed. 

The controversy happened in the 4th quarter as Michigan needed to go 70 yards in 35 seconds with no timeouts to tie the game at 31. Not realizing that Michigan had spiked the ball, the Penn State cheerleaders ran into the endzone to celebrate. As the cameras projected video onto the Jumbotron in the North endzone, a cheerleader was seen flashing  her breasts towards the camera and giving the middle finger. A male cheerleader was seen mouthing the words "Woooo FUCK MICHIGAN. Lloyd Carr is still a bitch!!! Desmond Howard blows too!!"

Michigan immediately protested the game, citing emotional disturbance to their players. The last play of the game was a hail mary attempt batted down in the endzone.

Freshman RB Akeel Lynch had a career day, busting several runs in route to a 200 yard performance and powering Penn State to a victory. Those stats are all for not.

When word spread through the stadium of the protest and pending results, the fans left in attendance threw Calico Jack bottles onto the field. Coach Eversole was seen giving the head referee a Stone Cold Stunner followed by a Peoples' Elbow. He will be suspended for the rematch. When reached for comment, Coach Eversole said only "Doesn't surprise me Michigan was flustered by seeing out hott-ass cheerleader flash everyone. I know nobody there has ever seen a pair of tits before those fruity fa---" The broadcast was cut short before he could finish speaking his mind.

Reports indicate the rematch to be played within 24 hours.

I won 31-24. Game froze in the postgame showing a replay of a Michigan score.
Hahahahahah that gave me a good chuckle. Especially the Stone Cold Stunner, all the old WWF/E moves. Ahhhh good times man. Funny stuff.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:42 am
BK_Buckeye wrote:
illmatic_216 wrote:

Same here, I am looking at a recruting class of 3 this year... Michigan is killing me...
Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with recruiting. I did get my first commit this week, though -- a 60 OVR T who will probably never see the field. Rolling Eyes
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:49 am
MeanMrMustard wrote:
BK_Buckeye wrote:
illmatic_216 wrote:

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with recruiting. I did get my first commit this week, though -- a 60 OVR T who will probably never see the field. Rolling Eyes
Hopefully there are a bunch of guys that have yo #1 on their list.  Don't worry, I think everyon eis in teh same boat in terms of commits anyway.  I checked the top recruiting classes and after Week 5 not one user had a commitment.  I know EDJ got one last week, as did I and you did too apparently.

It looks like they definitely made it so that recruits take a little more time before committing, which I like.  I remember reading somewhere that basically unless you're Alabama you won't get any instant commits in teh first week.  I know in years past most of the user teams would have 5-6 commitments by Week 3 and by this point having 10 commitments wouldn't be unheard of.

I'm satisfied with my class right now, ssuming all of the guys that have me #1 on their list do eventually sign with me.  I'm hoping the CPU or another user don't come in an offer a visit before mine that causes the recruit to jump ship completely. 

We'll have to see how it shapes up after one complete recruiting season but I like the way recruiting was done this year.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:45 pm
UCLA loses again.

I don't understand it. I can't stop these guys and they're just shutting me down on offense.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 pm
Ken wrote:UCLA loses again.

I don't understand it. I can't stop these guys and they're just shutting me down on offense.
I had that problem in 13, try slowing the clock down get a running game going it worked for me.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 pm
x--Nike wrote:

I had that problem in 13, try slowing the clock down get a running game going it worked for me.
Got it, thanks.

Everyone else seems to be doing OK, so I know it's me. 

Still, I just lost to an 0-4 team!
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:07 pm
Ken wrote:
x--Nike wrote:

Got it, thanks.

Everyone else seems to be doing OK, so I know it's me. 

Still, I just lost to an 0-4 team!
Its not just you Ken.  Users have a good record against the CPU so far but there have been plenty of close calls.  Ohio Sate just had a 10-3 slugfest with Northwestern, Miami took out GA Tech earlier and there have been more than a few games that were one possession away from going the CPU's way.  I've had a game where the CPU felt unstoppable and I needed a last play TD to win.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum