American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 4: Week 1 Open Empty Season 4: Week 1 Open

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:59 pm
Season 4: Week 1
Robert DeLong - Global Concepts

Season 1: illmatic717 and his Texans win a close fight with the_EDJ and his Bears.
Season 2: mission-8- and his Chiefs put SquirrelHunter and his 49ers down big and holds on just long enough.
Season 3: The CPU Steelers show the world what they can be when simming, with a victory over the Bears.
Season 4: Has your time come?

We enter the year with two new members. GrimmAtLaw aka Tamrael is the Bills. Good luck there buddy. FiLiRiCaN44 aka katrinalaw aka keiraknightley is the Raiders, and as it turns out was a former member of Legit Madden League with Demon and crew way back when. I wonder if he's ready for the behemoth that is the Chiefs? As new members, please be sure to write a scouting report or two of your first user games. Current league members, please take the time to write scouting reports on them. Since rosters are mixed up now, it'd be great if we all write a few scouting reports.

If you haven't yet, please nominate a few players from your team in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. We'll vote on the users at the end of the season.

In the draft, it appears to be the year of the 3-4 OLB. My lord. There's a player named Normando Snow, and I don't know why that's funny to me.

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Packers vs LionsBears vs Steelers
49ers vs ColtsEagles vs Rams
Titans vs Jaguars
Panthers vs Falcons
Bills vs Patriots
Giants vs Chiefs
Browns vs Vikings
Bengals vs Raiders
Saints vs Buccaneers
Chargers vs Broncos
Let this serve as a reminder about stat padding. If you've got a victory in hand versus the CPU, remember the stats threshold for benching starters. Earn your big games versus other user opponents.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Game of the Week
   VS      
Two division champs from a season ago square off to see if their offseason moves made them better in their pursuit of another deep playoff race. Steve is more conservative with the ball, wanting to get his TE involved in the play-action game. Squirrel has more weapons at his disposal, and a defense that should be deployed to combat those ISIS bastards.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 4: Week 1 Open Empty Re: Season 4: Week 1 Open

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:07 pm
The Bears fall to the CPU Steelers in a rematch of the Simmed Season 3 Super Bowl. The Captain threw 4 picks, and fumbled a ball that led to a scoop and score for the Steelers on the opening possession of the game. One pick came on the final hail mary attempt where 3 Bears receivers couldn't out jump a single Steelers defender for the TD.

The Steelers rallied from a big first half lead, and in the final minutes Chicago scored a TD and a two point conversion to tie it. Bears FS Brock Vereen picked off Lawrence Robinson with 30 seconds left. Chicago made a push to win the game, only to throw an INT to set up the go ahead TD.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuck. I should've had that game won handily. I made some very stupid decisions, but the Steelers AI made one single mistake after their opening drive, whereas I had drops galore, and QB Spy assignments that were ignored for the Steelers QB to take off running for big gains. So stupid.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:14 pm
Jaguars lose at home to Tennessee 17-10 after 3 interceptions thrown by second year QB Sal Foster. Although he threw 3 picks, Jaguars owner was very pleased with his performance and looks forward to what he'll be able to do with some more reps in practice.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:20 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
In the draft, it appears to be the year of the 3-4 OLB. My lord. There's a player named Normando Snow, and I don't know why that's funny to me.

It's like Norm from Cheers, Jon Snow and I had a baby!  I need him on my roster now!
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:13 pm
First try, it was 14-14 going overtime before I DC'ed. 

Second try, I couldn't stop a fly. Sam Bradford did his best Peyton Manning impersonation and threw 4 TDs. 

I couldn't run the ball either game. Skylar Murray threw 4 TDs, most of them during garbage time. 

I'm -$6.05 mil in funds.

It's gonna be a long season.
KeiraKnightley
KeiraKnightley
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 39
Swagger : 2
LocationOakland, Cali
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Texas Longhorns & Cal Bears

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:19 pm
You know nothing, Normando Snow.
KeiraKnightley
KeiraKnightley
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 39
Swagger : 2
LocationOakland, Cali
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Texas Longhorns & Cal Bears

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:21 pm
Raiders prevail over the visiting Cincinnatti Bengals.  With the Raiders punting after a 3 and out to start the game. Andy Dalton and the Bengals march down the field with ease, capping it off with a whiff by the secondary to let the wide receiver walk into the endzone for a long gain.  Andy Dalton starts off 11/11 passing, making precision passes along the way.  Raiders D steps up and seals the game with a force fumble on two consecutive drives.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 pm
Packers open up the season with a strong performance in the new Lions stadium in Detroit with a 28-14 victory. Eddie Lacy led the way with 100 yds & 2 scores from a surprisingly run-heavy Packers attack. 

The stars of the game were the Packer defense, shutting down the Lions high flying offense for a majority of the game and allowing one late offensive TD to Calvin Johnson who had a quiet game by his standards. Stafford threw 3 INTs and was harassed all day long. 

Lions made it interesting late in the first half with a 100 yard KR TD to tie the game at 7. Then a bad Stafford INT led to a 4th & Goal Lacy plunge for the score just before the half expired and was definitely the turning point in the game.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum