American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 5: Week 13 Open Empty Season 5: Week 13 Open

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:04 pm
Season 5: Week 13

Last week's GotW didn't happen. Squirrel was a no-show, and his CPU 49ers proved to be up to the task. The Madden Gods were against the Bears with injuries and ridiculous plays and penalties being called against Chicago. But the Bears did persevere, and came away with a close win.

Pursuit of Perfection: Panthers
With all CPU games remaining, you have to expect Capeman to run the table. Of course, the CPU can surprise.

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Jaguars vs BillsColts* vs Redskins
Lions* vs Vikings*Jets vs Bears
49ers vs PackersBroncos vs Chargers
Panthers vs Buccaneers
* Player on Auto-Pilot

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Game of the Week
  VS      
The 49ers vs Packers is a classic playoff-type matchup. But with Squirrel being MIA for a bit, we shift focus to two teams surging in the AFC. Peyton Manning's crusty old bones have re-energized a Jaguars that fields an underrated defense. Their rookie TE is having an award-winning type of season. And the Bills are kicking it old school, relying on an opportunistic defense to cover for an embarrassing offense that can't throw the ball more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. This might be another game that comes down to a single digit score with points only coming from defensive plays.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Season 5: Week 13 Open Empty Re: Season 5: Week 13 Open

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:34 pm
I'm still hurting from our last game. lol This ought to be a fun one.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:33 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Bears raced out to a huge lead over the Jets early, and then had to recover two onside kicks to hold off Addison Grimes and his depleted offense.

Bears QB Jeter put up big numbers, but was also responsible for 3 turnovers, one pick, and two fumbles. Jeffery came up big, and the Bears defense showed up as well forcing a couple fumbles of their own.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationElko, Minnesota

Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:32 pm
Jaguars lose 20-0 in Buffalo. Gg Grimm.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:50 am
Hey peeps, I'm leaving out of town for the weekend to the middle-of-nowhere South Dakota on a fishing trip. With likely no internet access I won't be around to advance Friday. Demon has full commish abilities for any auto-pilot games and advance needs.  See you guys later when I get Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 am
I'm pretty deep in the funds hole right now and will probably be negative by the time the off-season hits (especially if I make the playoffs, since ticket revenue is cut in half). Will I be fired as the owner if this happens (this will be my second year negative)? If so, will I be able to own the Bills ever again? What's the league's policy on being fired?

Also, should I scout before I'm fired? When I became the new owner during off-season, I wasn't able to scout anymore. Not sure how much control I get over actions if I'm a brand new owner.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:58 am
You cant be fired for being a terrible owner. You are your boss. Dan Snyder would have been out of the NFL a long time ago.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationElko, Minnesota

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:41 am
Yeah you'll be fine Grimm. I think the game will give you some help with your funds at some point in the off season. It has for me.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:48 am
I know I will go positive in the off-season, I was just worried I'd get "fired" because they told me i'd be terminated if I was negative when the season ends. if I was still in negative. Also, I finally have a use for good ol' Marrone, double scouting points which i purchased this year. It would be sad to see all those wasted away.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum