American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 2: Week 15 Open Empty Season 2: Week 15 Open

Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:17 am
Season 2: Week 15

Bleachers -- Rollercoaster

***Herpy Derpy Happy Holidays***
So we've reached the most stressful time of year for many. This is usually where people start to fade due to work obligations picking up, disinterest in the game, or lack of enjoyment based on not winning.  And I've noticed a few of you entertaining some negative thoughts that are getting to you.  Seriously, don't succumb to the stress. Take a deep breath, get a little perspective on what's bothering you, and assess how much you have to be thankful for.  Take a walk around the neighborhood with a pair of headphones in blasting your favorite music (it's alright if its Taylor Swift, we will judge, but that's ok. Wink ).  Or, my all time favorite stress reliever was basketball in college. When my grandma was diagnosed with what would be her last bout of cancer my freshman year, or other situations were arising, I'd grab a ball, gather a group of guys and just go to the gym to run up and down the court until my feet hurt so bad I couldn't go any longer. it took my mind of things, let me recharge, then I could go back and take on whatever was challenging me.

When it comes to the league, remember, we're playing a video game. The reasons we have certain rules in place are to balance the challenge between users. If something doesn't go your way, definitely yell (it's healthy), teach your neighbors baby how to properly say, "FUCK!" But don't think for a second that your opponent is trying to cheat you. I've always noticed I have a more positive reaction to games when I'm able to chat with the other person via mics. It's that ever present reminder that the person you're facing isn't some random scrub, he's another nerd like you who plays in an organized football video game league. And many of us have been around each other long enough to know better as it is.

This aside wasn't targeted to any peeps in particular. I just wanted to put the reminder out there. And more importantly, I just wanted to say, "Happy Holidays." It's the most sentimental time of year, and I really want you to know that I really appreciate you being around as much as you are, and I am really excited to see what's ahead.  Really. And this applies beyond just the current Madden league that might read this. We've had so many awesome guys come through here that still visit the forum from time to time (Pitt, Mustard, Cougars, and Jacquito come to mind).

Five years ago when this AALoA nonsense was just starting, we were regrouping after a tumultuous experience of a Madden commissioner who would change rules last minute, even in the middle of the playoffs, they would play up drama among members, and didn't bother to enforce the rules for everyone making for an inconsistent play experience. So I set off on my own, dragging some of the good guys from that league with me ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and I never would've guessed that I'd still be the one running this shit show five years later. The ups have been amazing, I've learned a lot about you strangers (probably more than I should) that hail from all across the map. The downs (Madden 25's awfulness, GSL bullshit) were definitely annoying. And yet you assholes keep coming back for more. What's wrong with you?!

I hope everyone has an enjoyable time off work visiting with their loved ones, or even those in-laws, this week. And if you find that stress building, go out and get active. Or if you need someone to vent to, I'm always available. Seriously.

End***Herpy Derpy Happy Holidays***

Remaining Schedule
Week 15WED; 12/24/14Week 16SUN; 12/28/14Week 17WED; 12/31/14
P'off: WCSAT; 1/3/14P'off: DRMON; 1/5/14P'off: CCWED; 1/7/14
SBFRI; 1/9/14
The Playoff picture is much clearer than a week ago. The Chiefs and Ravens have punched their tickets to the Playoffs. Will the Chiefs sit their key starters to avoid the injury bug that's already crippled the Bears, Buccaneers, and Vikings? In the NFC, the Eagles have clinched a playoff spot.

The Colts are likely to sweep the AFC South, as they play the CPU Titans. C'monnnnnnn CPU upset. tongue
The AFC likely sends the Chiefs, Ravens, Colts, and Jets as division winners. Wildcard standings show the Broncos, Texans, Raiders, Chargers, and Bills in the hunt for the last two spots as well. Seeing as the Broncos face both the Bears and Chiefs, you have to like San Diego's chances of leapfrogging them if they can win out.

The NFC likely sends the Eagles, Bears, 49ers, and Buccaneers as division winners. Wildcard standings show the Packers, Panthers, Saints, Seahawks, and Vikings all in the hunt for the last two spots as well. The Bears and Packers are interchangeable in either scenario depending on the outcome of their game this week.

Playoff Contender injuries that could have an impact on their season:
Players out 5 or 6 weeks would be on schedule to return for the Super Bowl should their team make it.
Players out 4 weeks would return for the Conference Championship, with 3 weeks for Divisional Round, 2 weeks to be back in time for the Wildcard round.

Bears
RB
M Forte
94 Ovr
5 Weeks
Broken Collarbone
Buccaneers
QB
J Johnson
73 Ovr
6 Weeks
Partial MCL Tear
Buccaneers
SS
M Barron
82 Ovr
2 Weeks
Dislocated Elbow
Chiefs
TE
T Kelce
74 Ovr
5 Weeks
Broken Collarbone
Colts
WR
H Nicks
84 Ovr
2 Weeks
Ruptured Disk
Texans
TE
G Graham
76 Ovr
3 Weeks
Hip Fracture
Texans
TE
O Daneils
76 Ovr
5 Months
Broken Tibia
Vikings
QB
T Bridgewater
82 Ovr
4 Weeks
Broken Hand
Vikings
RG
B Fusco
83 Ovr
3 Weeks
Pulled Groin
Vikings
FS
H Smith
88 Ovr
2 Weeks
Abdominal Tear

User Games

CPU Games

Buccaneers vs Jaguars

Redskins vs Panthers
Packers vs Bears

Falcons vs Texans
Saints vs 49ers

Raiders vs Chiefs
Vikings vs Lions

Chargers vs Broncos

Titans vs Colts

Rams vs Eagles

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Game of the Week
   VS      
These two teams are trending in opposite directions.  The Buccs have title aspirations. The Jags have Mel Kiper like aspirations. But I just couldn't choose between the three NFC Matchups. The Packers/Bears have the NFC North on the line. The Saints and Vikings are fighting for their wildcard lives as well.  Hopefully the two youngest members (I think?) of the league can put on a good show.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Season 2: Week 15 Open Empty Re: Season 2: Week 15 Open

Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:18 pm
Consider the AFC South Swept.. Lol..
THE_GHOST_1NSIDE
THE_GHOST_1NSIDE
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 179
Swagger : 6
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:59 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
the_EDJ wrote:
I've always noticed I have a more positive reaction to games when I'm able to chat with the other person via mics. It's that ever present reminder that the person you're facing isn't some random scrub, he's another nerd like you who plays in an organized football video game league.

I've FINALLY joined the future of gaming and was appropriately gifted a mic for Christmas yesterday from my younger brother. I'll be joining you gents in the fancyfangled game chat relatively quickly now. 

Best write-up of the year, no doubt. Happy holidays, league!
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:03 pm
Currently can't sign on psn bc of the bs that's going on and haven't been able to since Christmas afternoon.. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon.. Pretty fucking annoying
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:17 pm
Yup, the Chargers can still make it, but the CPU is pretty tough. Especially since I really have no playmakers on offense.
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:27 am
now that psn is back up, I will play my cpu game after Skins game
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:15 am
Due to the delays caused by PSN getting DDoSed, I'm extending advance to Monday night, but will then want to push for a 48 hour advance to stay on schedule.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:36 pm
Let me take a second to exhale. What a slobberknocker of a game between Plusch and myself tonight. The Bears would be playing their first game without Matt Forte, and there were questions on how the offense would look.

The Packers opened the game driving right down the field with no resistance to score an easy TD. Lacy was bulldozing early, and Rodgers was perfect to open things up.  Chicago was able to answer, and then things got crazy in their typical ways.

In the second half, both teams had ridiculously bad busted coverage plays. One led to Randall Cobb going 66 yards. Another led to Alshon Jeffery going 64 yards. The Bears held a late 4th quarter lead, and Rodgers looked to mount another wild drive. Instead Chris Culliver picked off Rodgers and a poor throwing choice to seal the game. The Bears kicked a field goal with about 10 seconds left to get the lead to 7, and the Packers WR screen couldn't get out of bounds.

The answer to no Matt Forte? a perfect Jay Cutler with 4 TDs and no picks. Kadeem Carey is clearly not starting material.

I'll probably take the time to save some highlights from this one.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:22 pm
Still hurting. Terrible int & being unable to catch the couple balls Cutler gave me a shot at were the keys to the game. I forgot to check if that guy got 2 feet down too, I'll have to check the stream
mission8
mission8
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 pm
great game guys.....I thought he was out of bounds too. it was definitely close
Sponsored content