American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Recruiting: Athletes Empty Recruiting: Athletes

Tue May 13, 2014 11:55 am
I just accepted a job as the Head Coach of Arizona in my other Dynasty and advanced to the pre-season.  I am looking for a mobile QB and it struck me that I've found a lot of good ones as Athletes that were converted to play QB.  I know there has been a lot of success in taking athletes and converting them to play QB, RB, WR and DB.  However, has anyone come across a player that was labeled as an Athlete that had the ability to play either OL or DL or maybe LB or TE?  I know the Athlete label is basically reseverd for QB, RB, WR and DB's but I was wondering if they had some bigger guys in there that had the ability to play O or D.

Anyone see a player with decent blocking and block shedding ratings?

Anyone actually recruit a player like this?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Recruiting: Athletes Empty Re: Recruiting: Athletes

Tue May 13, 2014 1:19 pm
They're definitely in there. I believe I lost an athlete recruit that was 280 pounds this season or last. When recruiting from the website they show defensive skills, but I never see offensive line skills.  So I usually have to go off their measurements and strength and if they don't work at defense, I only hope they work at offense.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Tue May 13, 2014 5:53 pm
Yeah, I landed this dude this season:

Recruiting: Athletes Screen10

Recruiting: Athletes Screen11

You're right, though. Probably 95% of them are WRs, HBs or DBs.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Tue May 13, 2014 7:13 pm
I agree with everything stated already. I do have an ATH that is still on my board that I believe will be a TE, but besides QB, WR, RB, or DB, they are far and few between.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum