American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

2013 Recruiting Class Empty 2013 Recruiting Class

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:50 pm
I was just posting about recruits in the Week 6 thread and it got me to thinking ... how is everyone's recruiting class doing so far.

I know we're only a quarter of the way through the 2014 season, but are there any news worthy newbies?

Any recruits from the Class of 2013 starting?  Seeing significant playtime?  Seeing play-time at all?

The two biggest contributions I'm getting right now are from:

ATH - Jonathan Zeigler (true freshmen): I was able to steal him from Missouri during the offseason recruiting process.  I moved him to CB and he's been my nickel CB.  He doesn't start but with so many 3-4WR he gets plenty of snaps.  He's fit in well so far and even earned NAtional Defensive Player oF The Week in Week 3 (I believe).

ATH - Jason Wade (true freshmen): With 80+THP, 78THA, 90ACC and 89SPD I moved him to QB to be the running threat I was missing last year.  His passing numbers are good enough to warrant him as the starter (in fact he's 4th on the QB depth chart), however I created some packages for him to come in.  I've used him sparingly the first couple games but he had his best game in Week 5 vs Michigan State with a couple big runs.  I believe he finished with about 130 yards rushing (1TD) and 2-2 passing (1TD).

MLB - I forget his name right now but he's a JUCO transfer and is currently my primary backup at all three LB positions.

Other than that, my other recruits are either redshirted or low level backups that probably won't see the field this season but I still think it was a good class.

What about you guys?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2013 Recruiting Class Empty Re: 2013 Recruiting Class

Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:21 pm
My two biggest recruits were red-shirted (QB Hale and DE Golden).

DE - The DE I stole from Illinois, Busch is starting at LE for me now and leads the nation in sacks, or is near the top in sacks and is a Star Player on my defense already. His numbers are schewed a bit because my #1 DT is a monster and the DE is cleaning up any escape attempts by QBs. He also has an amazing spin move.

CB - The top CB I signed is sitting #3 at Nickleback getting plenty of snaps. With a couple of my defensive packages, I flex him outside to put my #1 or #2 CB inside for different looks or if I expect my opponent to spam a package sub moving their best WRs inside. He had 2 interceptions in the 3 partial games I played vs Buckeye, so the talent is there. He'll start next season for sure.

All my other recruits were red-shirted/deep on the bench.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm
Only have two true freshmen that weren't redshirted.

LG Joe Young was my top recruit, and he immediately stepped into a starting role on the line. Hard to measure individual performances on the offensive line in this game, but he's definitely been serviceable. Expect him to take a big step forward next year.

FB Jonathan Pollock is a worthless, 45 OVR walk-on that NCAA wouldn't let me cut because of minimum roster requirements, which is dumb, because Mizzou in real life doesn't carry a fullback, and the game let me roll without one last year. He's a starter in name only, because I don't have any I-formations, and I don't run goalline sets, true to the real team.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:33 pm
the_EDJ wrote:CB - The top CB I signed is sitting #3 at Nickelback getting plenty of snaps. 
Hehehehehe damnit EDJ, just shows how shitty the Cornhuskers taste in music is. Now the CB is in Nickelback? For shame.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:
the_EDJ wrote:CB - The top CB I signed is sitting #3 at Nickelback getting plenty of snaps. 
Hehehehehe damnit EDJ, just shows how shitty the Cornhuskers taste in music is. Now the CB is in Nickelback? For shame.
Dammit. Touche. And fixed...
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:40 pm
I only have 1 freshman DT Bob Williams in my 2 deep, everyone else is waiting their turn
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum