American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Week 11 Open Empty Week 11 Open

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 pm
GOTW: No 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 LSU
No. 5 Nebraska vs. Northwestern
No. 4 UCLA at Arizona
Mizzou vs. Tennessee

Week 12 opens Friday, May 2. Probably.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Week 11 Open Empty Re: Week 11 Open

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:47 pm
Wow..I drop below Ken?! Style points must've hurt. Interesting. And I lose a recruit to Clemson and Dabo Swinney's dirty midfield trough.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 pm
RECRUITING UPDATE

We surprisingly only had 1 commit this week. Either way it was a big one, moving us up to #4 in terms of recruiting. We also signed the top three players in Alabama, who are all 5 star recruits. Gotta keep that in-state talent, in-state!
Week 11 Open Screen22
Not sure what gives, but we've had 9 recruits visit, give us an A+ grade, but not commit. Either way we'll keep plugging away. Really need to create some depth with this class. 
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 pm
Shocked
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
LocationTuscaloosa, AL

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:26 am
AL 63 - LSU 31

Another LSU/BAMA game, and another BAMA win. This is our second week in a row beating a top 5 opponent and things are looking solid in Tuscaloosa. Chris Phillips added to his Heisman campaign by almost going perfect passing and having over 100 yards rushing. Tyren Jones is showing why he's now in the conversation for the Heisman and other post season awards by having another 100 yard rushing game. 
Next Up: #13 Mississippi State
Players of the Game
Offense: Chris Phillips, QB, 14-15, 261 Yds, 10 Car, 136 Yds, 6 Total TDS
Defense: Jonathon Allen, LOLB, 4 Tkls, 2 TFL, SK, FF, FR
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:04 pm
Wassup fellas.  Looks like the Dynasty is still going strong (glad to hear it).  I haven't logged in under Steel Pitt but I've been checking the site regularly.  In any case, I was wondering if you guys were planning on continuing past this current season you're in?  If so, I was wondering if you had room for one more?  I've settled in at work and have a better feel for my schedule and was looking to get back into it.  I recently started a Dynasty in which I started as the OC at Fordham and got the itch to play again.

If you plan on continuing and don't mind me rejoining, let me know.

Thanks
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Wassup fellas.  Looks like the Dynasty is still going strong (glad to hear it).  I haven't logged in under Steel Pitt but I've been checking the site regularly.  In any case, I was wondering if you guys were planning on continuing past this current season you're in?  If so, I was wondering if you had room for one more?  I've settled in at work and have a better feel for my schedule and was looking to get back into it.  I recently started a Dynasty in which I started as the OC at Fordham and got the itch to play again.

Thanks

Btw, is HC Steel Pitt still at Iowa?
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
LocationTuscaloosa, AL

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 pm
If we play past this season I don't mind.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:13 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Wassup fellas.  Looks like the Dynasty is still going strong (glad to hear it).  I haven't logged in under Steel Pitt but I've been checking the site regularly.  In any case, I was wondering if you guys were planning on continuing past this current season you're in?  If so, I was wondering if you had room for one more?  I've settled in at work and have a better feel for my schedule and was looking to get back into it.  I recently started a Dynasty in which I started as the OC at Fordham and got the itch to play again.

Thanks
 Clap Come on back, man. You can have your commish seat, if you want it. I haven't been terribly active as far as recaps and league news goes.

I figured we'd go at least one more season. Then this summer, I was thinking we could DL a new roster set as soon as one is available from Operation Sports and start over fresh.

I ended up booting you when you said you wouldn't be back. In retrospect, I guess I should've just left you there, since we didn't need to free up a spot. I'm not sure if the game lets you rejoin as the same coach, with your old XP, or how that would work. :-/
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:16 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:

Thanks
 Clap Come on back, man. You can have your commish seat, if you want it. I haven't been terribly active as far as recaps and league news goes.

I figured we'd go at least one more season. Then this summer, I was thinking we could DL a new roster set as soon as one is available from Operation Sports and start over fresh.

I ended up booting you when you said you wouldn't be back. In retrospect, I guess I should've just left you there, since we didn't need to free up a spot. I'm not sure if the game lets you rejoin as the same coach, with your old XP, or how that would work. :-/

Cool.  Can you send me the invite and let me know the password?  Thanks
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Thu May 01, 2014 7:34 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Cool.  Can you send me the invite and let me know the password?  Thanks
Invite sent.

With the invite, you shouldn't need the password (and I'm not sure I know it, anyway). But let me know if you have any issues joining and I'll see if I can find it or create a new one.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:Cool.  Can you send me the invite and let me know the password?  Thanks
Invite sent.

With the invite, you shouldn't need the password (and I'm not sure I know it, anyway). But let me know if you have any issues joining and I'll see if I can find it or create a new one.

Thanks.  I'll try later tonight.  It looks like you didn't change the password.  I was able to search for the League and enter the old password I set up.  I got all the way to picking Steel Pitt as the coach but it then said I couldn't join because I was banned/booted.

Thanks again.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri May 02, 2014 7:57 am
Iowa wins 63-38 over Indiana in Coach Steel Pitt's return to the sidelines.  Full write up to come as the game ended late.

Quick points of note:

- QB Jason Wade turned out to be a pretty decent recruit. haha

- In 2017, are all of the CPU RB incredibly hard to bring down?  Have their BTK and TRK just gone through the roof?  It could just be the Indiana RB or my rustiness on defense but he was near impossible to take down.  And when i say impossible I mean impossible.  He literally trucked 4-5 defenders on his first couple carries and took them right to teh house.  At some point in the first half he had like 200+ yards on about 7 carries, lol.

- Speaking of rustiness, my defense was ruuusssttttyyyy.  I haven't actually played defense in NCAA since about January.  I took time off from playing and when Irecently started up again in another dynasty I began as an OC.  I'm in season three of that dynasty and still an OC so I don't get to play defense.

- My recruiting coordinator may need to be fired.  I built Iowa up to be a 5* program with a National Title under its belt and he was still recruiting as if we were a 3* program.  My recruiting board was filled with 2 star recruits and underachieving 3 star recruits.  It was filled with 50-60OVR players.  And and this point everyone is already almost locked into their schools so it was slim pickings trying to right that wrong. lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum