American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 Open

+5
Animosity1oAK
Ken
truth_n_babylon
the_EDJ
Steel Pitt
9 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 6 Open Empty Week 6 Open

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:49 pm
Week 6 is now open.  I will advance the week on Saturday (10/19).
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Week 6 Open Empty Re: Week 6 Open

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:48 pm
Week 6 Open Commit10
Week 6 Open 6_H_S_007_SnapShot
RG Jaron Tucker
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
#9 Guard (#196 Overall)
Peachtree City, GA

The Huskers earn their first commit of the season in great style. The commit of Tucker is a big one. Both in the size of the 6-5 291 pound lineman, as well as the scope of securing a commit from a top prospect in the heart of SEC country. Tucker chose Nebraska over Alabama and is expected to compete immediately at Guard with the departure of Chongo Kondolo and Jake Cotton at both Guard spots opening up opportunities.

Tucker has an incredible first step (91 Acceleration) to close in on defenders in the read option game with high quality strength (87 Strength) for a freshman. With a high ceiling, Tucker can be NFL bound like former Huskers Guard Spencer Long.
Week 6 Open Rn_tricities_ms_300
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 pm
As expected Georgia Tech loses again. After 5 turnovers and with score being 35-0 in the 3rd quarter I supersimmed the rest. At the least the Cpu scored for me so that I "only" lost 42-14.

At this point I hope to get fired. I'm no good against the good Cpu teams with these settings and this roster. At least if I get fired I can start over at a crap school in a crap conference and at least be competive.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 pm
I feel u truth. I lost to a 0-3 CPU team last season.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:As expected Georgia Tech loses again. After 5 turnovers and with score being 35-0 in the 3rd quarter I supersimmed the rest. At the least the Cpu scored for me so that I "only" lost 42-14.

At this point I hope to get fired. I'm no good against the good Cpu teams with these settings and this roster. At least if I get fired I can start over at a crap school in a crap conference and at least be competive.
If guys are truly unhappy with their team then you have the ability to switch teams at season end even if you don't get fired.  The only thing I would ask is that you wait until the offseason to switch this way it doesn't effect the current user games set up, plus it would be unfair to switch to a potentially better team mid-season.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:49 pm
I will consider that Steel. The only problem with switching teams like that is starting over at level 1 coach experience and there is a greater chance that the XP point glitch might rear its ugly head.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:37 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:I will consider that Steel. The only problem with switching teams like that is starting over at level 1 coach experience and there is a greater chance that the XP point glitch might rear its ugly head.
I don't know about the XP glitch, but that is a good point about the Coach Level.

But in the end, if you're not having fun primarily because of the tema you chose then it may be worth it to start over at 1 if it means enjoying the team/roster and subsequently the Dynasty as whole more.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:40 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
Week 6 Open Commit10
Week 6 Open 6_H_S_007_SnapShot
RG Jaron Tucker
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
#9 Guard (#196 Overall)
Peachtree City, GA

The Huskers earn their first commit of the season in great style. The commit of Tucker is a big one. Both in the size of the 6-5 291 pound lineman, as well as the scope of securing a commit from a top prospect in the heart of SEC country. Tucker chose Nebraska over Alabama and is expected to compete immediately at Guard with the departure of Chongo Kondolo and Jake Cotton at both Guard spots opening up opportunities.

Tucker has an incredible first step (91 Acceleration) to close in on defenders in the read option game with high quality strength (87 Strength) for a freshman. With a high ceiling, Tucker can be NFL bound like former Huskers Guard Spencer Long.
Week 6 Open Rn_tricities_ms_300
Nice pickup.  I have a couple of big uglies I'm targeting that I hope sign with Iowa.  So far nobody has committed but judging from last year's commitment pace I'm not stressing ... yet, lol.

How is Golden (DE) doing so far (at work and can't check the Dynasty Wire)?
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:25 pm
Illini go up 35-7 at half, somehow completely fuck up, somehow hang on to win 52-35. Bizarre game.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:50 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:How is Golden (DE) doing so far (at work and can't check the Dynasty Wire)?
He actually red-shirted. If he tries to leave, I'm promising starting time. Which he'd start anyway due to the current Senior leaving.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:47 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
truth_n_babylon wrote:I will consider that Steel. The only problem with switching teams like that is starting over at level 1 coach experience and there is a greater chance that the XP point glitch might rear its ugly head.
I don't know about the XP glitch, but that is a good point about the Coach Level.

But in the end, if you're not having fun primarily because of the tema you chose then it may be worth it to start over at 1 if it means enjoying the team/roster and subsequently the Dynasty as whole more.

XP glitch is when a user doesn't gain any points which results in the user not being able to level up. I'm not sure what triggers it but I was burned by it in another OD when I joined during an Offseason. It also happened to other users in the OD who weren't original members of the league.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:03 pm
Tigers coast to an easy win against Vandy, 31-21.

The score was pretty close throughout, but it never really felt like Vanderbilt had a shot. Both teams put up huge rushing numbers though. Vandy RB B. Kimbrow went off for 202 on 21 carries and 2 TDs, but the team couldn't do anything else on offense.

Henry Josey led the Tigers with 112 on 17 carries, 2 TDs and 2 catches for 52 yards. QB Maty Mauk chipped in another 43 yards on the stat sheet and a lot more, but his rushing totals were gutted by sacks.

Next three for Missouri: at Georgia, vs. Auburn, vs. South Carolina

--

Players of the Game

Offense: HB Henry Josey -- 17 carries for 112 yards, 2 catches for 52 yards, 2 TDs
Defense: CB David Johnson -- 1 INT, 3 deflections, 2 tackles, 1 TFL
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:40 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:Tigers coast to an easy win against Vandy, 31-21.

The score was pretty close throughout, but it never really felt like Vanderbilt had a shot. Both teams put up huge rushing numbers though. Vandy RB B. Kimbrow went off for 202 on 21 carries and 2 TDs, but the team couldn't do anything else on offense.

Henry Josey led the Tigers with 112 on 17 carries, 2 TDs and 2 catches for 52 yards. QB Maty Mauk chipped in another 43 yards on the stat sheet and a lot more, but his rushing totals were gutted by sacks.

--

Players of the Game

Offense: HB Henry Josey -- 17 carries for 112 yards, 2 catches for 52 yards, 2 TDs
How do you guys run so well? I swear I had like a 20 yard run last game and I was super excited.

Even my 90+ speed guys seem to run in quick sand. Could it be my controller?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 pm
Ken wrote:

--

Players of the Game

How do you guys run so well? I swear I had like a 20 yard run last game and I was super excited.

I time my acceleration button. If the whole is crowded I lay off R2 and if I get through the hole a hit accelerate to get the hell out of dodge. If the hole is wide open, the defense will usually collapse quickly, so I sprint right away to get as much as possible and hope to make a guy miss to break a gain.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:08 pm
Ken wrote:

--

Players of the Game

I pretty much stopped using R2 altogether and my running game picked up a lot... I only use it now when I'm in the open field...  I also find that most of my rushing yards come in the second half... Not sure if the game actually accounts for defenses being tired or if it's just a coincidence...
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:20 am
UCLA loses to Cal 77-33.

I'm disgusted, disappointed and just numb. I couldn't stop them. Cal QB Kline threw 7 TDs.

I'm getting fired for sure. If I don't wanna be just an OC or DC, can I rejoin or something?
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:15 am
Ken wrote:

--

Players of the Game

Another key is setting your blocks up, try not to out run your o-line just be patient and let them get the block before you run past them.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationGrand Prairie TX

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:49 pm
Week 6 Open NCA14PS3_31_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Nby
GAIII has another huge day rushing for 284 yards and 5 TD's on only 19 carries, Malik Zaire added 190 yards rushing to go along with 229 yards through the air and 3 TD's. The Irish now try and prepare for their user gauntlet in an attempt to return to the title game.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:17 pm
OV4U2 wrote:...The Irish now try and prepare for their user gauntlet in an attempt to return back into the title game.
Fixed. tongue
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationGrand Prairie TX

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:22 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
OV4U2 wrote:...The Irish now try and prepare for their user gauntlet in an attempt to return back into the title game.
Fixed. tongue
Haha, funny but very true
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:26 pm
OV4U2 wrote:GAIII has another huge day rushing for 284 yards and 5 TD's on only 19 carries, Malik Zaire added 190 yards rushing to go along with 229 yards through the air and 3 TD's. The Irish now try and prepare for their user gauntlet in an attempt to return to the title game.
Is he even human?
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationGrand Prairie TX

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:35 pm
Lol, yes he is. I just came to realize that you MUST run the ball to beat the CPU. He breaks alot of tackles also but his burst throw the whole is why he gets so many yards.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:42 pm
I only had one game where both my rushers had over 100 and that was against Arizona State. I'm gonna test your theory next game on the not holding the speed burst.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationGrand Prairie TX

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:46 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:I only had one game where both my rushers had over 100 and that was against Arizona State. I'm gonna test your theory next game on the not holding the speed burst.
Yes, hold off using it unless you need it to get the edge but also set your blocks up.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:52 pm
OV4U2 wrote:
Animosity1oAK wrote:I only had one game where both my rushers had over 100 and that was against Arizona State. I'm gonna test your theory next game on the not holding the speed burst.
Yes, hold off using it unless you need it to get the edge but also set your blocks up.
Thats usually my problem, my line is atrocious.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
LocationBrooklyn, NY

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:
OV4U2 wrote:
Yea I think u have to take what OV and I say with a grain of salt since our teams are much higher rated than most...
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
LocationBrooklyn, NY

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Ohio state survives a survives a road trip to 0-3 Pitt, 35-24..

With Braxton out for 3 weeks redshirt freshman QB JT Barrett played well, going 19-24 for 285 and 4TDs... 

Leading comfortably 21-10 most of the game, the buckeyes started having fun with 5 WR sets which led to back to back picks for Barrett and Pitt actually taking a lead into the 4th, 24-21... Ohio state then went into full Tresselball mode and dominated the line of scrimmage as Brionte Dunn racked up 60 yds on a 4th quarter drive to give the lead back to Ohio State...

With these sliders I will never blow out the ai, but the close games every week are fun...  If I was playing with GT or UCLA I would be in the same boat as truth and Ken though..
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:34 pm
BK_Buckeye wrote:
Animosity1oAK wrote:
OV4U2 wrote:
Yea I think u have to take what OV and I say with a grain of salt since our teams are much higher rated than most...
Gee, i didnt notice....lol
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:52 am
NebraskaThings That Make You Say WowPenn State
Week 6 Open Kennybell
1.) Kenny Bell
2.) Kenny Bell
3.) Kenny Bell
4.) Zach Zwinak what?

Okay, in all seriousness, there should only be two Kenny Bells up there. That amazing GIF was from the Illinois game. I know, it looks just as good as NCAA 14, but trust me on that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Week 6 Open NCA14PS3_84_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Vxg Week 6 Open NCA14PS3_86_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_mjT
Huskers put up 500 yards of total offense and you would think the game would be an easy win right? QB Tommy Armstrong leaves his 3rd game of the year with a concussion, and the media is pushing for his benching to preserve his well being. NFL Scouts on the other hand want to see more of the young QB, and their team bosses are quoted as saying, "There's no link between football and concussions," and, "Hey guess what?! You can buy breast cancer awareness gear here, where a whopping 8% of proceeds go to cancer research. We care!"

Those amazing catches have accompanying footage on the Dynasty website. The game was a shootout in the first half, and a defensive slugfest in the second. Zach motherfucking zim zam zwobble Zwinach was a monster to open the second half with a TD.  As soon as Armstrong went down at the start of the 4th quarter, backup QB Stanton proved useless in the pocket being sacked and fumbling (he does have a nasty truck stick though). Thankfully, the Huskers defense stepped up twice in the 4th and the running game carried Nebraska deep into the red zone to allow a last second field goal to steal a victory at Beaver Stadium. That Ice-the-Kicker shit sucks!
Week 6 Open NCA14PS3_90_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Pya
FINAL SCORE
Nebraska 30
Penn State 28

Key Stat: The Tommy Armstrong Air Attack had over 300 yards passing, and he could barely play more than 3 quarters. Scary to think what he could do when healthy. Penn State WR Allen Robinson is a monster to cover, and I'm talking manually. He faked everyone out, including Hackenburg sometimes.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm
Sorry fellas playing my game now honestly thought I had a bye week.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum