American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Week 8 Open Empty Week 8 Open

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:49 pm
Week 8 Open

Still three users in the top 6, after UCLA survived a sim game, thumping Cal 42-28.

This week's games are mostly crap:

No. 1 Nebraska at No. 15 Michigan (3-2)
No. 2 Alabama vs. Arkansas (3-3)
No. 6 UCLA at Oregon (0-6)
Mizzou will be brainstorming how to lose on its Bye Week.

Week advances Saturday, April 26.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Week 8 Open Empty Re: Week 8 Open

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:16 pm
RECRUITING UPDATE

Mizzou's stellar run on the recruiting trail continues, as the Tigers locked up two more highly ranked players. 4-star DE J.J. McDaniel will join previous commit DE Ahmad O'Neal on a Missouri defensive line that is suddenly well-stocked for years to come. 4-star ATH Kirby Brown will also wear stripes next year, likely on the defensive line.

The two commitments bring Missouri's class to six on the year, none of them below 4-stars.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven DE J.J. McDaniel, 77 OVR (#12 DE)
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven ATH Kirby Brown, 72 OVR (#36 ATH)

Way too early user class rankings:

1. Missouri
2. Nebraska
86. UCLA
126. Alabama
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 pm
Week 8 Open Recrui21
The Nebraska push is paying dividends.
Week 8 Open 6_B_B_002_SnapShot
Week 8 Open Top150 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven
WR Jonathan Austin #2 WR (#7 Ovr)
After an enjoyable visit to Lincoln, Austin moved around his list of schools a little bit. Mizzou has to be sweating a bit, as it's a long 5 weeks before they can get Austin on campus.
 Neb  +30501295Wk 7Week 8 Open Scholarship-icon
 Mizzou  +345365-365Wk 12Week 8 Open Scholarship-icon
Week 8 Open Commit10
Week 8 Open Top150 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven ATH Antonio Foster #17 Ath (#49 Ovr) Week 8 Open Gem
Week 8 Open Top150 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven DE Nathan Dukes #8 DE (#87 Ovr)
Week 8 Open Top150 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven DE Ray Jones #10 DE (#97 Ovr)

Foster is athlete in name only, and will instantly challenge for QB snaps if Bobby Hale turns pro. Foster boasts high 80's athleticism, QB arm attributes, and Spin/Juke Moves. Both Dukes and Jones are undersized traditional 4-3 DE prospects without the size to move in to DT and without the speed to play a hybrid OLB look. Jones has the best chance to play right away. Dukes may have to redshirt if they keep the depth as Nebraska likely loses a ton of talent.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 pm
AL 63 - ARK 10

Another strong showing by the Crimson Tide as we held the Razorbacks scoreless for the last 2.5 quarters of the game. Chris Phillips is making a strong push for the Heisman Trophy as he had another well-rounded game, capped off by the first 300 yard passing/100 yard rushing game of his career. Not to be out done, Tim Williams was an absolute wrecking ball on defense. His tackles are down from last year as we've switched to another defensive scheme but the skill set is definitely still there. Adarius Stewart also contributed with a 99 yard kick return. 
Next Up: Tennessee 
Players of the Game
Offense: Chris Phillips, QB, 14-20, 303 Yds, 10 Car, 117 Yds, 6 Total TDS
Defense: Tim Williams, MLB, 7 TKLs, 2 TFL, ATK, Sk, 2 INT

Recruiting Update:
As you can see we have the "worst" recruiting class in the country but expect to see us moving up the rankings shortly. 
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:49 am
Nebraska rolled out of Ann Arbor with a victory.  Senior Johnny Stanton got the start, but was immediately benched when he threw an inaccurate interception that was returned for six. From there, Brian Kemp took over starting 9-9 passing including an absolute bomb 60 yards downfield on target.

Michigan's defense was fairly stout versus the run, but their offense could only muster 3 points of their own.

**Secondly, I'm on auto-pilot for a bit, which means I likely miss the marquee matchup versus Alabama. AGAIN?!  The five year college reunion, Drake Relays, and 3 different birthday celebrations were too much to pass up back at the ol' stomping grounds. The earliest I can find myself coming back is Sunday. Dre, if you want to wait, great, but I'm not sure when I'll be back.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:43 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
**Secondly, I'm on auto-pilot for a bit, which means I likely miss the marquee matchup versus Alabama. AGAIN?!  The five year college reunion, Drake Relays, and 3 different birthday celebrations were too much to pass up back at the ol' stomping grounds. The earliest I can find myself coming back is Sunday. Dre, if you want to wait, great, but I'm not sure when I'll be back.

EDJ!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this game since the BCS Championship!!! Hopefully you can play it, so I'll wait till the last possible minute before playing the computer.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 pm
the_EDJ wrote:**Secondly, I'm on auto-pilot for a bit, which means I likely miss the marquee matchup versus Alabama. AGAIN?!  The five year college reunion, Drake Relays, and 3 different birthday celebrations were too much to pass up back at the ol' stomping grounds. The earliest I can find myself coming back is Sunday. Dre, if you want to wait, great, but I'm not sure when I'll be back.

If you're coming back Sunday (or even Monday/Tuesday), you should be fine. Y'all don't play Week 9. I probably won't play my game this week until Saturday, so that's the earliest we would advance to Week 10.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
the_EDJ wrote:**Secondly, I'm on auto-pilot for a bit, which means I likely miss the marquee matchup versus Alabama. AGAIN?!  The five year college reunion, Drake Relays, and 3 different birthday celebrations were too much to pass up back at the ol' stomping grounds. The earliest I can find myself coming back is Sunday. Dre, if you want to wait, great, but I'm not sure when I'll be back.

If you're coming back Sunday (or even Monday/Tuesday), you should be fine. Y'all don't play Week 9. I probably won't play my game this week until Saturday, so that's the earliest we would advance to Week 10.
Just noticed that. The online website is terrible, they don't show the byes, just that my next game is versus 'Bama. Hopefully I get home at a decent time/day. Shit gets crazy at the Drake Relays...  Double-Fisting
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum