American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 Open

+4
MoneyNades
Degenerate57
illmatic717
Steel Pitt
8 posters
Go down

Who will win the Game of the Week?

1 - 33%
2 - 67%

Total Votes: 3

Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 3 Open Empty Week 3 Open

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:01 pm
Week 3 is now open.  I will advance the week on Thursday (8/15).

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Week 3 Open Empty Re: Week 3 Open

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:02 pm
We are movin damn quick. Lovin it!
Degenerate57
Degenerate57
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 66
Swagger : 0
Fave NCAA Team : Wisconsin

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:07 pm
Oregon cannot lose this week. I see that as a positive. 8 interceptions in 2 games is enough for me right now. 
That does not include the first 5 interceptions that I threw in the first attempt at my week 1 game before we were disconnected.

Time to make some changes. Hopefully I didnt lose all of the players I am recruiting.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 pm
Degenerate57 wrote:Oregon cannot lose this week. I see that as a positive. 8 interceptions in 2 games is enough for me right now. 
That does not include the first 5 interceptions that I threw in the first attempt at my week 1 game before we were disconnected.

Time to make some changes. Hopefully I didnt lose all of the players I am recruiting.
 Gotta weather the storm man these guys are crazy good. Message me if you want for some advice I added you on PSN.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:27 pm
AALoA Week 3 Preview

Two weeks into the college football season and what have we learned so far?  We've learned that QB play is on the decline, the Mid-Majors are doing their best to show they belong with the big boys, apparently Illinois can have nice things, the Hokies have championship thoughts on their mind and Tommy Rees is still, well Turnover Tommy.  This season is jam packed with great games and Week 3 is no different but the biggest game this week is definitely going down in Blacksburg, VA.

Week 3 Open Logo2

#2 Ohio State Buckeyes at #23 Virginia Tech Hokies

Week 3 Open BrutusbuckeyeandflagWeek 3 Open Virginia_Tech_Hokies_Posing

Both teams come into this highly contested matchup undefeated at 2-0.  The Buckeyes had a quality win in the opener against a tough TCU team but almost got bit by the upset bug last week against MAC opponent Ball State.  Were they looking ahead to this trip to VA or is this team's top 5 ranking over rating these guys?  Apparently the struggle to get by Ball State was not impressive to the voters as they voted to have the Georgia Bulldogs jump the Buckeyes in the polls to #1.

Week 3 Open 11644051-large

The Buckeyes have been led on offense by the two head rushing attack of QB Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde as both have over 130 yards rushing this season.  Miller has been accurate throwing the ball, completing over 70% of his passes, however the problem has been that when he doesn't connect to his team its usually to the other.  Braxton Miller has thrown 4INT to just 3TD.  He'll have to correct that in a hurry as the Hokies will surely capitalize on those types of mistakes.

Week 3 Open Virginia_tech_logan_thomas_action

Virginia Tech is led by QB Logan Thomas who is trying his best to put his name in the discussion for the Heisman.  While the rest of the AALoA QB's are struggling, Thomas has excelled through two games which is a big reason why the Hokies are 2-0 with big time wins over then #1 Alabama and Penn State.  Thomas is completing 75% of his passing and has thrown 4TD but more importantly has not thrown a pick yet.  Coach Davis has not asked Thomas to run much but JC Coleman has been more than capable carrying the rock rushing for 147 yards and over 4 yards a carry.

Can the Buckeyes force Thomas into some errant throws?  Will the fans in Blacksburg be able to rattle Braxton Miller?  Can either coach come up with a defensive scheme to slow down the other's running game?

Other AALoA Games

Georgia Tech at Duke
Illinois at UConn
Iowa State at #16 Iowa
Michigan State at #12 Notre Dame
UCLA at #14 Nebraska
Bowling Green at Penn State
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:29 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:We are movin damn quick. Lovin it!
 Loving it too.  Enjoy it now because it will slow down when Madden comes out, lol.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 pm
awesome. now i get to play notre dame, UCLA, and iowa in order after getting embarrassed by western michigan.

[on the real though, i loooove having a gauntlet of a schedule. makes it so much more fun/challenging/frustrating. only having to play 1-2 opponents in conference gets boring cause it's too easy.]
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:39 pm
That Virginia Tech VS Ohio State game should be incredible.

No write up since it was a CPU game but Penn State beats Bowling Green. PSU goes up 28-0 at half and pulls the starters. Backup QB throws two picks, Bowling Green scores a few times and converts 2 point conversions with ease to make it an 8 point game in the 4th. PSU puts the starters back in, drives the ball and runs out the clock. Big day for QB Hackenberg and a nice balanced ground attack between 3 RBs.

Bowling Green's no huddle was really annoying but allowed for quite a few sacks, maybe 5 or 6 total.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:04 am
Week 3 Open M9y5jj-b781000547z.120120906140945000gb01a5uhp.2
Ken and I squared off. The early part of the game had the makings for a classic shootout. We each had answers for whatever we could throw to each other.  The scoring guide shows:
Nebraska
UCLA
Nebraska
UCLA
Nebraska
UCLA
Nebraska
4th quarter was then all Nebraska...
Week 3 Open NCA14PS3_21_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Rgv
With that being said, Ken had two incredibly awesome scoring plays. On a play-action bootleg, he had stud QB Brett Hundley running towards the pylon with a WR dragging in the end zone. My CPU defender "got lost" somewhere and it left me usering in no mans land and I didn't choose whether to attack or slack off. Easy TD toss. The other was a sweet QB draw that had some fancy pre-snap motion that caught me off guard and had me guessing what was happening before I realized Hundley had waltzed into the end zone.

Nebraska scored on every drive they had the ball until they could bring out the victory formation. 

Final Score
UCLA 21
Nebraska 41
Player of the Game
QB Taylor Martinez
UCLA had no answer for the Senior QB. Hopefully Heisman voters took notice on the national stage.
QB Rating 237.1 on 17/18 passing for 188 yards and 3 TDs. 14 Carries for 115 yards and 1 TD.

The Huskers get to travel to Vanderbilt next week for some SEC competition. Will they be putting a Top 10 ranking on the line?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:12 am
SquirrelHunter wrote:awesome. now i get to play notre dame, UCLA, and iowa in order after getting embarrassed by western michigan.

[on the real though, i loooove having a gauntlet of a schedule. makes it so much more fun/challenging/frustrating. only having to play 1-2 opponents in conference gets boring cause it's too easy.]
Same here.  I also like how having multiple teams in your conference spreads out your user games.  When all of your user games are non-conference you end up with a front loaded schedule and then you usually end up playing like 6-8 straight CPU games to end the season.

Just using yours as an example, only one of those games you mentioned in a league game.  you still have to travel to Illinois and Nebraska.  I like how EDJ gets lulled to sleep with 7 CPU games in his first 9 and then has to end the season with three straight user games (vs Michigan State, at Penn State, vs Iowa).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 am
Week 3 Open Collegefb-live

With a big game this week in Blacksburg, VA between #23 Virginia Tech and #2 Ohio State, the College Football Live guys welcomed former Buckeye coach Urban Meyer to the set to discuss this big early season matchup.

Week 3 Open Meyer-on-set

Chris Fowler:  Urban, first off thanks for being here.  How big of a game is this for both teams?

Urban Meyer: Thanks for having me guys.  Ultimately, its a big game because its the next one on your schedule but I think both teams have aspirations of a BCS Title so avoiding the early season loss and having to dig yourself out of that hole is crucial.  This game won't have any impact on either team's conference title hopes but it can definitely be a confidence booster heading into conference play.  Not to mention a big win like this on your schedule will impress the selection committee when its time to choose an at-large bid for a BCS Bowl Game.

Week 3 Open Chris-Spielman-235x300_display_image

Chris Speilman: Urban, we've heard the coaches in this game being real careful with their words to the media as they try hard not to post an bulletin board material.  When asked about the game, VA Tech HC Zach Davis said "I don't think I'm ready for Braxton".  When told about the comments, Ohio State HC Jim Tressel referenced the teams lack luster week in practice and said "you are going to win this game...".  How much of that is respect for the other team and how much of that is just blowing smoke up the other guy's you know what?

Week 3 Open Espn-urban-meyer-college-football-live-300x202

Urban Meyer: I'm sure both coaches have a tremendous amount of respect for each other and both programs have produced great ball players.  You always want to watch your words because you don't want to give the other team extra motivation, but sometimes the message is really directed towards your own team.  I'm sure the Buckeye players read Coach Tressel saying that VA Tech is going to win the game and that angered them.  I'm sure the lunch pail gang on VA Techs defense read Coach Davis' comments about not being ready for Braxton Miller and took that to heart.  I think your going to see two teams come out fighting from the very start and neither is going to budge.

Chris Fowler:  I think you're right Coach.  The beauty of this game is that none of this talk actually matters as the outcome will ultimately be decided on the field with gametime set for roughly 12 hours from now.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 am
lol, good stuff Steel...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:03 pm
Hawkeyes Win Cy-Hawk Trophy

Week 3 Open 4e688449eb39d.image

Coach Steel Pitt said all games are important, but when he took this job there were two in particular that he circled on the calendar.  One is the season ending Heroes Trophy Game versus Nebraska and the other was the in-state war versus Iowa State better known as the Battle for the Cy-Hawk Trophy.  Well, he's half way to accomplishing that goal.

The Hawkeyes came into the game with a 2-0 record but certainly have not looked impressive as they adjust to a new offensive scheme led by a sophomore QB in Jake Rudock.  As the rains came down in Iowa City it was clear what the gameplan for today's game was going to be ... pound the rock.  Coach Steel Pitt had the following comments with respect to the heavy ground attack this week:

"Offensive Coordinator Greg Davis and I had to look ourselves in the mirror and come to realization that slow start was heavily our fault.  We placed too much upon the shoulders of our young QB and didn't put the team in the best position to win.  We made a vow to get back to smash mouth football, pound the rock, draw up the defense and give our QB more manageable situations and passing opportunities."

Week 3 Open 516b513d19b2b.preview-620Week 3 Open Ncf_a_weisman_m_400

Using a heavy does of handoffs to Damon Bullock and Mark Weisman the Hawkeyes jumped out to a 14-0 lead and were never really threatened the whole game.  The Cyclones did score in the second quarter to cut the lead to 7 but Iowa scored before the half to take a 21-7 lead into the locker room and the Cyclones never got the lead back down to single digits again.

Week 3 Open Ncf_a_rudock_ps_400

The increased focus and success of the ground attack served its intended purpose as the Hawkeyes were routinely set up with second or third and manageable.  As the Cyclones were forced to bring the safeties closer to the line and draw the LB's up, it opened up more 1-on-1 opportunities and clearer passing lanes.  Rudock took full advantage as he completed 15/20 passes for 174 yards and 4TD on the day.  The win puts the Hawkeyes at 3-0 heading into their final no-conference match against highly touted Virginia tech.

FINAL SCORE

Iowa State Cyclones 16
Iowa Hawkeyes 35

Player of the Game

QB Jake Rudock
15/20 for 174 Yards
4TD
1INT
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Pinkel fired, Mustard in as new Missouri coach

Week 3 Open Mustard

After a stunning 24-9 home loss to the Toledo Rockets, the Missouri Tigers have cut ties with longtime head coach Gary Pinkel, ending a 12-year run at the helm of the Mizzou football program.

Players and fans alike were stunned by the announcement, as well as a report that Mr. Mustard was deep in talks with Athletic Director Mike Alden to take over for Pinkel with just two weeks left before SEC play.

Brian Eason, a Missouri alum, said it was unfair that Pinkel was let go after one bad game.

"Y'all remember the Chase Daniel years, right? And how bad we were before that?" Eason said. "Pinkel's done a lot of good for this program."

Players mostly greeted the news with bewilderment.

"Mustard? Like, the condiment?" said HB Henry Josey.

Little is known about Mustard, who is a Mizzou graduate himself. An extensive background check by the Columbia Daily Tribune came up empty, unable even to produce a first name.

A source close to the team said he is expected to expand on the team's existing Pistol sets and install new singleback formations, as he seeks to shift the team away from the Spread offense.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:18 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:Pinkel fired, Mustard in as new Missouri coach

Week 3 Open Mustard

After a stunning 24-9 home loss to the Toledo Rockets, the Missouri Tigers have cut ties with longtime head coach Gary Pinkel, ending a 12-year run at the helm of the Mizzou football program.

Players and fans alike were stunned by the announcement, as well as a report that Mr. Mustard was deep in talks with Athletic Director Mike Alden to take over for Pinkel with just two weeks left before SEC play.

Brian Eason, a Missouri alum, said it was unfair that Pinkel was let go after one bad game.

"Y'all remember the Chase Daniel years, right? And how bad we were before that?" Eason said. "Pinkel's done a lot of good for this program."

Players mostly greeted the news with bewilderment.

"Mustard? Like, the condiment?" said HB Henry Josey.

Little is known about Mustard, who is a Mizzou graduate himself. An extensive background check by the Columbia Daily Tribune came up empty, unable even to produce a first name.

A source close to the team said he is expected to expand on the team's existing Pistol sets and install new singleback formations, as he seeks to shift the team away from the Spread offense.
 Welcome back Coach Mustard.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:50 pm
Yet another GOTY candidate occurred this week as Michigan State outlasted Notre Dame in South Bend, 31-30. Notre Dame held a 24-14 lead with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, but Michigan State rallied and made it a 24-21 game going into the 4th. A Notre Dame field goal was followed up by a 9 yard touchdown run by Jeremy Langfor on the next MSU drive to give the Spartans a 28-27 lead. The scoring was not done, however, as the  Fighting Irish drove down the field and took the lead back on a 18 yard Kyle Brindza (he, of the cyborg leg) field goal. Notre Dame, had a 1st and goal on the MSU 1, but the Spartan defense held and forced ND to kick a field goal. This ended up being absolutely crucial as the MSU offense was allowed to take their time and methodically drive down the field to get in range for a game winning field goal with 13 seconds left. [Of note, after a squib kick and a quick 13 yard out Notre Dame attempted a 64 yard field goal for the win with 3 seconds left, but Brindza left the kick about 3 yards short.]
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:01 pm
SquirrelHunter wrote:Yet another GOTY candidate occurred this week as Michigan State outlasted Notre Dame in South Bend, 31-30. Notre Dame held a 24-14 lead with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, but Michigan State rallied and made it a 24-21 game going into the 4th. A Notre Dame field goal was followed up by a 9 yard touchdown run by Jeremy Langfor on the next MSU drive to give the Spartans a 28-27 lead. The scoring was not done, however, as the  Fighting Irish drove down the field and took the lead back on a 18 yard Kyle Brindza (he, of the cyborg leg) field goal. Notre Dame, had a 1st and goal on the MSU 1, but the Spartan defense held and forced ND to kick a field goal. This ended up being absolutely crucial as the MSU offense was allowed to take their time and methodically drive down the field to get in range for a game winning field goal with 13 seconds left. [Of note, after a squib kick and a quick 13 yard out Notre Dame attempted a 64 yard field goal for the win with 3 seconds left, but Brindza left the kick about 3 yards short.]
 Wow, the games this year have been intense.  Big win man.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:03 am
GOTY candidate:
1:28 left in 4th 21-20 VA Tech buckeye has ball drives down to score gets the 2point conversion to make it 28-20 with 40secs left I have 3timeouts drive the field get to his 16yard line and throw a TD to take it to OT with 0:00 on the clock. Buckeye wins toss next play I throw int hitting the wrong button Ohio State wins. This year has been crazy for me and I still have two or three user games left.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum