American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 10 Open Empty Week 10 Open

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:53 pm
Week 10 is now open.  I will advance the week on Wednesday (10/30).
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Week 10 Open Empty Re: Week 10 Open

Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:23 pm
I received my first 2 commits of the season

The first is Patrick Ramsey, a 5 star ATH from Franklin, LA. Patrick will either play RB or DB for the Irish next year depending on where the team need s him.

The second is Shawn Cook a 3 star OT from Hartselle, AL. Even though he's only a 3 star its a big get for the Irish since they didn't bring in any offensive lineman in last years class
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:46 pm
SNOW? NO PROBLEM
Missouri 42, Kentucky 27

Week 10 Open NCA14PS3_52_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_dVe

The Missouri Tigers offense pummeled the Kentucky Wildcats during yet another autumn blizzard in Columbia.
Coach Mustard's bizarre decision to hold spring practices in Alaska appears to have paid off, as his team seemed completely unfazed by the frigid white powder that covered Faurot Field.
QB Maty Mauk was brilliant, completing 20 of 23 passes with 2 TDs, and rushing for a career high of 170 yards. Mauk's completion percentage after 9 games is now 74 percent, third in all of college football, and the best by far if you only consider those with more than 150 attempts.
Three different Tiger running backs would score TDs, and WR Dorial Green Beckham again turned in a stellar performance, catching his 11th TD of the season.
--
Players of the Game
Offense: QB Maty Mauk -- 20 of 23 for 222 yards, 2 TDs; 14 carries for 170 yards
Defense: DT Matt Hoch -- 4 tackles for a loss, 1 sack, 1 FF
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:03 pm
I warned you...the snow bowl is back
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:12 pm
Huskers pick up another great CB recruit. But lose out on a top Athlete target to Ohio State.

Gonna be a long bye week to stew over that one. That athlete could be a QB, RB, WR, or DB. Just a stud. He's probably Braxton's replacement I'd assume Buckeye?
I stand corrected. He was a great QB prospect, but was not a defensive prospect. I got my stud athlete already. Got the two mixed up.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:04 pm
I a lot of "broken gems" in my class. Do you guys still recruit ?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:22 pm
Ken wrote:I a lot of "broken gems" in my class. Do you guys still recruit ?
Yeah I'm always searching the players that aren't getting recruited to see if there are any gems out there. Last season had a large number of gems for many teams I think.

Aaaaaand I just found a +11 Gem tonight...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:50 am
the_EDJ wrote:
Yeah I'm always searching the players that aren't getting recruited to see if there are any gems out there. Last season had a large number of gems for many teams I think.

Aaaaaand I just found a +11 Gem tonight...
Yeah, same here.  I am pretty set in terms of my recruiting board and point allocation so I don't have points to use for additional scouting.  However, as I get commitments I use those points to scout additional recruits.  Also, instead of holding out hope like last season, if its apparent that a recruit doesn't want to come to Iowa (full 500 point allocation and still losing ground each week) I just drop the guy and scout additional recruits.  I've found some nice recruits/gems this year so far.

I've got 4 commitments so far, but I have 15 guys on my recruiting board and 14 of them have Iowa #1 and the other has Iowa #2 on their list.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 am
Are you asking whether or not you keep recruiting the busts? It kinda depends for me. If it's a guy who dropped from a 78 to like a 73, and I'm in a good position to get him, I'll keep after him. If it's a guy who dropped from a 68 to like a 60, then no. All depends on his overall to begin with, and whether it's worth battling with a couple other schools.

Buy yeah, like EDJ and Pitt said, I'll keep scouting as points open up. I look for guys that are only like 33% or less locked so I have a chance of swooping in and snatching em.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:05 am
Georgia Tech and Nebraska are in a battle for 5 star ATH Andrew Franklin out of Oklahoma. He'll most likely be my Qb of the Future but if I sign him I'm gonna have to stick him at receiver in his first year.

He's 6'5 with good catch skills.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:30 am
I found a couple gems, including a CB, WR, and a QB that I am going after. Should be fun. Edj....that receiver will be mine...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:42 pm
AROUND THE COUNTRY

Week 10 Open CFB-Map-e1328193873654

Some of the Early Headlines in Week 10

Missouri battles both the Kentucky Wildcats and the snow but neither can keep the Tigers from pulling off the victory.  With the win, Missouri continues to control its own destiny for a spot in the SEC Championship Game.  Assuming they don't look pass Tennessee next week, they will host Florida in Week 13 for what will  possibly be for the SEC East crown.

In other conference division battles, the Ohio State Buckeyes fall to B1G newcomer Maryland and in doing so fall into a 3 way tie for first in the B1G East Division with Rutgers and Maryland.  Its the classic battle of new guys on the block versus the long time bullies.  Who will earn the trip to Indianapolis?

There have been some very good individual performances by WR's as the top two WR in the country are both users and both continue to shine.  WR Dorial Green Beckham caught 8 passes for 84 yards and score to raise his season totals to 69 catches for 932 yards and 11 TD's.  However, that's only good for second best because Michigan State's WR Keith Mumphery has been unstoppable.  Mumphery keyed the Spartans win over rival Michigan with a 10 catch 165 yard and 2TD performance.  He now has 73 catches for 1,259 yards and 15 TD's on the season.  The battle for the Belitnikoff and User WR of the Year Awards will come down to the wire.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:54 pm
Quick question Pitt, is ill still on Auto?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Quick question Pitt, is ill still on Auto?
Wassup man.  Technically he is on auto-pilot but I was under the impression that his new job would only keep him away from Wed to Fri.

illmatic_216 wrote:Hey guys, I am back. Had to leave town for new job trainings for a week or two. Unfortunately, I will be unable to play Wed-Friday because of work, but free the rest of the days.  Glad to be back.
Not sure if that is still the case.  If anything he is currently on auto-pilot.  I guess you can try to schedule a game and if he doesn't reply you can just go ahead and play the CPU.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:35 pm
i havent heard anything from him, posted on here.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:AROUND THE COUNTRY

Week 10 Open CFB-Map-e1328193873654

Some of the Early Headlines in Week 10

Missouri battles both the Kentucky Wildcats and the snow but neither can keep the Tigers from pulling off the victory.  With the win, Missouri continues to control its own destiny for a spot in the SEC Championship Game.  Assuming they don't look pass Tennessee next week, they will host Florida in Week 13 for what will  possibly be for the SEC East crown.

In other conference division battles, the Ohio State Buckeyes fall to B1G newcomer Maryland and in doing so fall into a 3 way tie for first in the B1G East Division with Rutgers and Maryland.  Its the classic battle of new guys on the block versus the long time bullies.  Who will earn the trip to Indianapolis?

There have been some very good individual performances by WR's as the top two WR in the country are both users and both continue to shine.  WR Dorial Green Beckham caught 8 passes for 84 yards and score to raise his season totals to 69 catches for 932 yards and 11 TD's.  However, that's only good for second best because Michigan State's WR Keith Mumphery has been unstoppable.  Mumphery keyed the Spartans win over rival Michigan with a 10 catch 165 yard and 2TD performance.  He now has 73 catches for 1,259 yards and 15 TD's on the season.  The battle for the Belitnikoff and User WR of the Year Awards will come down to the wire.
Wow.  Stanford, trailing UCLA 24-13 heading into the fourth quarter, outscores the Bruins 36-0 in the final period to pullout the 49-24 victory in Southern California.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum