American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Who wins the GOTW?

0 - 0%
2 - 100%

Total Votes: 2

MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Week 9 Open Empty Week 9 Open

Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:28 pm
Mizzou ends its skid with a big win over UCLA, 30-20, in the only user game of Week 8. For the first time in three weeks, the Tigers were able to hold off a furious comeback attempt in the fourth, keeping the school's bowl hopes alive.

HUGE matchup this week, as No. 2 Alabama visits No. 1 Nebraska, assuming EDJ is still in town.

Week 9 Open TM0194-c

Week 10 opens Tuesday, 3/11.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Week 9 Open Empty Re: Week 9 Open

Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Mizzou blows another lead

Missouri 17, South Carolina 31

The reigning SEC East champion Missouri Tigers have fallen to a pitiful 2-6 after blowing their third 4th quarter lead in the last five games.

This time, it was the South Carolina Gamecocks that benefitted from the Tigers' inability to put teams away. Trailing 17-12 in a defensive struggle, the Gamecocks drove the length of the field, poised to score the go-ahead touchdown, but the Missouri defense stiffened at the goalline, holding South Carolina to a FG.

Up by 2 with the ball and 3:30 to play, Missouri lost yardage on 1st down, but were able to create a 3rd and manageable 6, with a chance to run the clock below two minutes on their next set of downs.

But Maty Mauk's third and 6 throw bounced off a defender's hands, and the Tigers were forced to punt.

The rest of the game played out like virtually every other 4th quarter in conference play this season: South Carolina TD. Missouri INT. South Carolina TD. Missouri INT. Game Over.

"We suck, man," Coach Mustard said after the game. "I don't know how else to say it. Something happens at the end of every game, and we just collapse."

Missouri will need to win out to make it back to a bowl game this year.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:30 pm
Also, welcome back to the league Nike. He'll be taking over as coach of... somebody. He joined as USC at first, but last I heard, he was considering moving to the SEC or B1G.

His first attempt resulted in no XP glitch. Fingers crossed for his second try.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:39 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:Also, welcome back to the league Nike. He'll be taking over as coach of... somebody. He joined as USC at first, but last I heard, he was considering moving to the SEC or B1G.

His first attempt resulted in no XP glitch. Fingers crossed for his second try.
Thank you glad to be back, I will rejoin tomorrow around 4ish est and play my game then.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:42 pm
Just played a game where my defense and offense was on fire. 

It froze after the game. I don't even wanna replay it so I'll probably take the sim.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:02 pm
AL 42 - NEB 39

Make it two in a row for the Crimson Tide in Lincoln! This was the game of the week and it did not disappoint. Both teams threw haymakers back and forth but in the end the Crimson Tide came away with the win. Most pleasing was the fact that up three with the ball and 3 minutes left in the game, our offense went out and ran the clock out by gaining first down after first down completely by running the ball. 

Even though we gave up 39 points I am proud of our defense, as it played well enough considering how good of an offense NEB has. We held their powerful rushing attack to less than 4 yards a carry, and made them work for each and every yard. 

On the flip side our offense was solid again, putting up 540 yards of total offense on one of the top defenses in the country, while converting 6-7 third downs, with over 200 rushing yards and 300 yards passing. 

Next up: LSU

Player of the Game:
Offense:Chris Phillips QB, 11-11 w/132 Yards Passing, 14 CAT, 65 Yds, 3 Total TD
Defense: Matt Smitth SS, 9 Tkls
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum