American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

WEEK 1 OPEN Empty WEEK 1 OPEN

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:25 pm
Sorry for the (slightly) late advance. Took longer than I expected to make the custom schedules work. Was hoping to do a Season Preview write-up, too, but been way too busy the last several days.

Your game of the week for week one is Missouri at No. 4 Nebraska, reprising their old Big 12 rivalry.

Welcome to the league new users whughes2010 (San Jose State) and jacquito69 (USF, assuming the coaching glitch worked itself out).

The week advances Thursday (2/13).
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

WEEK 1 OPEN Empty Re: WEEK 1 OPEN

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:39 pm
AALOA Pre-Season All-Americans

Nebraska leads everyone by a mile with 3 first teamers and 1 second team All-American. Mizzou, stunningly, came in second in nominations, with 2 second-teamers. Michigan State and Ohio State also had a few, but their owners are MIA.

1st Team
RE Brad Golden (Nebraska)
FS Nathan Gerry (Nebraska)
SS DJ Singleton (Nebraska)
Ret. Jalen Ortiz (UCLA)

2nd Team
LE David Busch (Nebraska)
DT Hassan Ridgeway (Texas)
MLB Michael Scherer (Mizzou)
CB John Gibson (Mizzou)
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 pm
Bruins barely squeak by the Spartans

The UCLA Bruins beat the San Jose State Spartans 19-14, but not before losing starting QB Asiantii Woulard to a season-ending injury in the 3rd quarter. Woulard was on a tear prior to his injury, completing 7 of 10 passes for 225 yards and 1 touchdown. 

The Bruins failed to score a touchdown after the senior QB went down and relied on their defense to win the game, including a stop in the red zone with less than a minute remaining. The Bruins' inability to generate offense with redshirt QB Jerry Neuheisel has to be a concern for the team as they continue their young season.

Player of the Game: Rookie K Christian Moore, 4/4 FG (52 long), 1 PAT
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 pm
AL 39 UGA 35

If this game is any indication of the season we are going to have defending our BCS crown then we are in for a dog fight all year!

After being down 28-10 in the third quarter, we outscored UGA 29-7 to finish out the second half and pull out a thrilling comeback victory that was sealed on a 6 yard pass from Morris to Henry. We are definitely feeling the loss of 15 seniors from last years squad especially on defense. It also didn't help that I loaded the wrong defensive playbook!!!!!  Shocked  Shocked 

Either way we showed a lot of heart in coming back against a top notch opponent and this was a great example to show the team that we have a target on our backs. We need to be prepared for everyone's best effort every Saturday. 

Players of the Game: 
Chris Phillips, 11 rushes, 62 yards 2 TDs. 
Tim Williams, 7 Tkls, TFL
whughes
whughes
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 48
Swagger : 0
LocationMichigan

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 pm
So after my game I discovered that I also have the coaching glitch.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 pm
whughes wrote:So after my game I discovered that I also have the coaching glitch.
Poopy.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:31 pm
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. 
It's too bad I can't embed the video of what transpired late in the second quarter versus Mizzou. Turnover Tommy threw his second interception of the game while inside the 15 yard line trying to score. Terrible misread on my part. Expected a slant, got a stop route instead. DB takes off, and my LT The Rock comes and lays the smackdown. Ball pops loose, and RB Terrel Newby scoops it up, then like Moses, the red sea parts and he rushes into the end zone for the TD. Even the RB himself couldn't believe it afterwards.
WEEK 1 OPEN Moses_Parts_the_Red_Sea
WEEK 1 OPEN NCA14PS3_172_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_XpA

In the second half, both teams traded punches again. Nebraska was up 4 late in the game. Mizzou scored with 90's seconds left. Nebraska returns the ensuing kick for a TD, but it was called back. (4 Nebraska penalties, 0 Mizzou penalties). With less than a minute to go, Nebraska completes a ridiculous 2nd down bomb with a jumping catch by a slot receiver, with time ticking away, the no huddle offense fires a slant for a TD. Mizzou throws a pick to the game on an unfortunate underthrown ball.

Mustard pointed out how crazy the box score was. Even the yardage, and time of possession was ridiculously close too. Mizzouri's LE is a monster too, FYI. Unblockable.

WEEK 1 OPEN Team56 Missouri7771031
WEEK 1 OPEN Team58 Nebraska7771435
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:34 pm
Seriously though, go on the NCAA Dynasty website and check out the video replay. It's the 2nd video, so should be the 4th from last option.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:25 am
Mustard can you put Texas on auto? I haven't got a response yet and tonight is the best night for me to play
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:46 am
truth_n_babylon wrote:Mustard can you put Texas on auto? I haven't got a response yet and tonight is the best night for me to play
Yeah, he should be on auto now. But check the forum tonight before you play just in case he shows.
jacquito69
jacquito69
All-American
All-American
Yards : 311
Swagger : 4
LocationTampa , FL
Fave NFL Team : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Fave NCAA Team : South Florida Bulls
http://www.pangeamusic.net

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:59 pm
No still the same issue! I hope to be part of a league, if we start another one maybe with updated rosters sometime this summer! Guess I only play ultimate team and offline dynasty in the meantime if I even have the time for it! See ya around! Good luck to everyone!!
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:28 pm
jacquito69 wrote:No still the same issue! I hope to be part of a league, if we start another one maybe with updated rosters sometime this summer! Guess I only play ultimate team and offline dynasty in the meantime if I even have the time for it! See ya around! Good luck to everyone!!
Sad Sorry Jacq.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:54 pm
whughes wrote:So after my game I discovered that I also have the coaching glitch.
So are you planning on staying in the league, or is this a dealbreaker for you? Don't blame you either way. No XP sucks.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
So are you planning on staying in the league, or is this a dealbreaker for you? Don't blame you either way. No XP sucks.
Can they join without having to create a coach? Let them use existing coaches? Or will those coaches lose their XP too?
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:53 pm
Not sure exactly. From what I've read, the XP bug still AFFECTS existing coaches, so at the very least, they wouldn't accrue additional XP when they play games.

But I dunno if they would inherit the existing XP that that coach already had built up. Might be worth a shot.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 pm
Just looked at my schedule in more detail and realized that I have four straight road games near the end of the season. I'm not worried about playing on the road (but I do think I should have played NEB at home seeing that I had to play them on the road last year) but the issue is that it's during prime time for recruits coming to visit campus. I have a whole month where I can't schedule recruits to come and visit. 

In the future when making custom schedules could we look to avoid this?
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 pm
dre1479 wrote:Just looked at my schedule in more detail and realized that I have four straight road games near the end of the season. I'm not worried about playing on the road (but I do think I should have played NEB at home seeing that I had to play them on the road last year) but the issue is that it's during prime time for recruits coming to visit campus. I have a whole month where I can't schedule recruits to come and visit. 

In the future when making custom schedules could we look to avoid this?

Yeah, I'll try and pay attention to that, but it's really tough to squeeze in 3 user games for everyone while working around a conference schedule that can't be changed. I had a similar schedule last year where the latest recruit visit I think I could schedule was like, week 11 or 12.

Re: Nebraska, I didn't have access to last year's schedules by the time we advanced to the custom schedule phase, and had no idea who played who home/away last year, because I didn't make those schedules. Plus, I put them on the road against Texas, so it didn't seem fair to send them to visit Texas AND Alabama. (Similarly, I made myself visit Nebraska on the road because I was locked into a conferences home game against you. Didn't think it was fair to give me both of those games at home.) 2 of your 3 non-conf user games are home games, so it seemed like a sensible thing to do at the time.

The other three games were all conference games, and completely out of my control. On the plus side, you do have home games in Weeks 13 and 14, which are pretty prime recruiting weeks, if you want to go for the bonus points.

Still -- I hear ya, 4 straight road games isn't ideal. I'll pay more attention to that next time. Probably should've made Nebraska visit you, and give Nebraska the home game vs. Texas, but hindsight and all that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum