American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

OFFSEASON SCHEDULE Empty OFFSEASON SCHEDULE

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:57 pm
WE ARE NOW IN THE PRESEASON

We're going to stick to the same schedule as always, with the caveat that I will be writing the schedule in central time. Razz

IF you want to participate in the Coaching Carousel let me know now, so I don't push through your turn.

Pre-Season - Friday (2/7) 7PM CT - Sunday (2/9) 7PM CT
Season 4 Begins - Sunday (2/9) 7PM CT

Additional house-keeping things...

• If you are currently on Auto-Pilot (that's Pitt, Buckeye, Sick_Wid_it, Truth), let me know 1. if you want to stick around for another season AND 2. if you think you will be able to play user games early in the season. It's not like we have a waiting list, so y'all can stay on AP for as long as you want if you think you'll be back at some point. But, I don't want to schedule a bunch of early season user games if you're not going to be able to play them.
  • Everyone, let me know if you have any scheduling requests.
  • On a personal note, I did get the job in Indy, and I'll be moving the week of Feb. 17. Expect me to be pretty inactive that week.

Last edited by MeanMrMustard on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

OFFSEASON SCHEDULE Empty Re: OFFSEASON SCHEDULE

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:41 pm
I'm in still in and I will be participating in the coaching carousel.
jacquito69
jacquito69
All-American
All-American
Yards : 311
Swagger : 4
LocationTampa , FL
Fave NFL Team : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Fave NCAA Team : South Florida Bulls
http://www.pangeamusic.net

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Congrats on the job Mustard.
I'm looking hard at USF and hopefully will be spared from the no exp bug, which hit me in the other league I joined. Haven't fully decided yet on what school though, I mainly wanna get into the game first for a season or 2 until i consider joining the big dogs in a top conference. I'm up for maybe up to 2 user games but really don't think I will be any competition with being so new to the game( only played 2 games so far and the cpu w/hard sliders in other league completely demolished me) and prolly starting with a less than stellar team. So 1,2 or even no user game the first season is fine with me, whatever works best for scheduling purposes.

I will join later tonight.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:43 pm
Truth is now on the clock with offers from New Mexico and South Alabama.

Here's the jobs others passed up as I simmed through:

Denham – Oklahoma, Auburn
Sick_Wid_it – Oklahoma, Auburn
EDJ – Oklahoma, Auburn
Pitt – Oklahoma, Auburn
Squirrel– Oklahoma, Auburn
Ken – Tennessee, Penn St
Mustard – UL-Lafayette, FIU
Buckeye – UL-Lafayette, FIU
jacquito69
jacquito69
All-American
All-American
Yards : 311
Swagger : 4
LocationTampa , FL
Fave NFL Team : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Fave NCAA Team : South Florida Bulls
http://www.pangeamusic.net

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:29 pm
joined as USF and coaching goals are empty, so I'm gonna stay past offseason and hope for a miracle, but it looks like neither of my 2 leagues has me playing without the bug! Sad
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 pm
Stayed at Georgia Tech
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 am
jacquito69 wrote:joined as USF and coaching goals are empty, so I'm gonna stay past offseason and hope for a miracle, but it looks like neither of my 2 leagues has me playing without the bug! Sad
Sad That sucks dude.

Coaching Carousel's done. Moving on to the next stage here in a bit.

Only user-related change was Alabama's OC taking the HC job at Oklahoma. (Not real sure how that works ... Surely it doesn't get rid of all the experience you built up for him?)
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:50 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:Coaching Carousel's done. Moving on to the next stage here in a bit.

Only user-related change was Alabama's OC taking the HC job at Oklahoma. (Not real sure how that works ... Surely it doesn't get rid of all the experience you built up for him?)

I get the experience points of whoever get's hired as the new OC and DC. For example I got Butch Jones as my OC, and he brings with him 40 coaching points because he was a long time HC somewhere else, so I get to basically max out on offense (you can't use more than 27 points on OC or DC). My new DC brought with him 7 coaching points and the DC he replaced had 8 I believe, so I actually lost a point there. 

That being said my offense is going to be tremendous next year seeing that I am maxed out on all categories from a OC point of view.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:46 pm
dre1479 wrote:
MeanMrMustard wrote:Coaching Carousel's done. Moving on to the next stage here in a bit.

I get the experience points of whoever get's hired as the new OC and DC. For example I got Butch Jones as my OC, and he brings with him 40 coaching points because he was a long time HC somewhere else, so I get to basically max out on offense (you can't use more than 27 points on OC or DC). My new DC brought with him 7 coaching points and the DC he replaced had 8 I believe, so I actually lost a point there. 

That being said my offense is going to be tremendous next year seeing that I am maxed out on all categories from a OC point of view.
WTF. My OC became head coach at Minnesota after season 1. I got Scott Frost from Oregon and he came with the exact same points as my lost OC. I figured it was just an even transition. Not fair. Sad
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
dre1479 wrote:

WTF. My OC became head coach at Minnesota after season 1. I got Scott Frost from Oregon and he came with the exact same points as my lost OC. I figured it was just an even transition. Not fair. Sad
It might have just been a coincidence that they had the same experience points in the transition. In my other dynasty it has been hit or miss when switching coordinators. Like I said, my new DC is actually worse than my previous one. I got lucky with getting Butch Jones. I wish there was a way to recruit coordinators like players. That way you would have more control. Would have a been a great feature for future generations of NCAA but alas............
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:27 am
We've advanced to Recruiting...
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:29 pm
Sorry for the late advance. Got stuck at work and I don't have Season Ticket, so I can't advance from the website.

Advancing to the next stage now. The Position Changes stage will be extended an hour to compensate for the slow advance, then we'll go back to the normal schedule.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm
Dang, I wish I was around for the players leaving step. QB Armstrong stays, but I lose my best offensive linemen who was a backup, but played enough to be an All-American, and was slated to start from day 1.

Also, some observations, illmatic is still a coach in the game...at Wake Forest. Burnum is still slotted at Florida State. Ani is still listed for Illinois.
And then the coaching carousel scenarios put Bob Stoops at Purdue now. 
Dana Holgorsen to Oklahoma.
Gus Malzahn to East Carolina.
Kliff Kingsbury to Texas.
Carl Pelini has been at Indiana. (LOL)
My Offensive Coordinator to Texas Tech as Head Coach. 
My Defensive Coordinator to Tennessee as Head Coach.
I've never heard of my new DC. He's from Oregon State apparently. My new OC is actually former NCAA Football coverboy QB Brian Johnson, who had been coaching at Utah. Random.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:15 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Dang, I wish I was around for the players leaving step. QB Armstrong stays, but I lose my best offensive linemen who was a backup, but played enough to be an All-American, and was slated to start from day 1.
I don't feel that badly for you. Razz I poured 8000+ points into that tackle we were fighting for, and still lost. Was sure I'd snag him. Did you end up with him or one of the CPU teams?

I also lost both DEs that had me as their No. 1 school virtually all season. Sad At least I got my 80 ovr MLB.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:40 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
the_EDJ wrote:Dang, I wish I was around for the players leaving step. QB Armstrong stays, but I lose my best offensive linemen who was a backup, but played enough to be an All-American, and was slated to start from day 1.
I don't feel that badly for you. Razz I poured 8000+ points into that tackle we were fighting for, and still lost. Was sure I'd snag him. Did you end up with him or one of the CPU teams?

I also lost both DEs that had me as their No. 1 school virtually all season. Sad At least I got my 80 ovr MLB.
Yeah I put at least 7500 in for him and got him. Probably to make up for the transfer of Dobzinski. Wherever he went.
I am well set for next year too, only a few of my big seniors won't have a set replacement on the roster already. RB, WR, and LOLB.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:56 pm
We're now in Cut Players. Have at it, gentlemen.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:04 pm
We're now in the preseason. Season starts Sunday night.  Dance 

Last chance for user game requests. If there's anyone you really want to play (or really want to avoid), now's the time.
whughes
whughes
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 48
Swagger : 0
LocationMichigan

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:02 pm
I know this isn't the right thread. But if you have a couple inactives I'm interested in joining the league. I'm already an active member of the madden league
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:21 pm
whughes wrote:I know this isn't the right thread. But if you have a couple inactives I'm interested in joining the league. I'm already an active member of the madden league
There's room. No worries.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:28 pm
whughes wrote:I know this isn't the right thread. But if you have a couple inactives I'm interested in joining the league. I'm already an active member of the madden league
Sure thing man. I'll go ahead and send you an invite so you can do preseason stuff.

Here's our current team list, if you wanted to know which conferences had more user games. You're free to play as anyone you want, though.

Missouri (me)
Nebraska (EDJ)
Georgia Tech (Truth)
UCLA (Ken)
Alabama (Dre)
Texas (Sick_Wid_It)
USF (Jacquito? He joined then quit. Dunno if he's just not gonna play b/c of coaching XP bug, or what.)
Ohio State (owner MIA)
Iowa (owner MIA)
Michigan State (owner MIA)

When you get a chance, you need to look over the rules thread and sign it. Pretty similar to (and might even be exactly the same as) the Madden rules. Basically play sim, mix up plays, don't be a jerk and you'll be fine. 

Also, you can probably have Michigan State if you really want it. Squirrel hasn't been on PSN for like two months. I can't remember what Buckeye's situation was, but OSU's probably fair game, as well, because I haven't heard from him in a while. Iowa's pretty much reserved for all eternity unless Pitt comes on and tells me to boot him.
whughes
whughes
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 48
Swagger : 0
LocationMichigan

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:34 pm
I'll offer a strong no to MSU, being a U of Michigan fan myself. With that being said ill probably start there, or maybe start at a smaller school this season and then hopefully hop up next off season (if you think we'll play that long?)
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:20 pm
Hey Mustard, thanks for taking over and running with the Commish duties in order to keep the League progressing.

I don't think I'll be coming back due to my job (time constraints) and just overall lack of interest in playing the PS3 in general (I went on today for the first time to play since before XMas, lol). 

I logged onto the Dynasty and reset all of Iowa's settings ... I set the Off PB to Iowa and the Def PB to 4-3.  I also reset the Formation Subs and changed all the Recruiting Settings to ON so the CPU will do them.

You can drop just me from the Dynasty, especially if you need the room to add players.  I would do it myself but we had that issue where Oregon didn't have a Coach, they lost all their games by like 80 and Users couldn't connect when the original Oregon Owner (name escapes me now) dropped on his own.  I didn't have issues with that when I dropped people on my own via the website as the Commish.

Thanks again and good luck.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:23 pm
Re-Alignment

Also, I don't know if Truth spoke to you but we had plans to move Georgia Tech to the SEC prior to the next season.  We didn't want to start an all out realignment (although you guys can feel free to do so now if you want) but we figured since Georgia Tech was the only user in the ACC it wasn't too out of the question to move Georgia Tech to the SEC East (to be with Georgia) and move South Carolina to the ACC (to be with Clemson).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:23 pm
Lastly, I did find some time to get on tonight so if anyone wants to get a game in hit me up.

Good luck the rest of the way guys, sorry I couldn't finish with you.

Thanks again Mustard for all your help.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:32 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Hey Mustard, thanks for taking over and running with the Commish duties in order to keep the League progressing.

Happy to do it. The league definitely won't be the same without you and your awesome write-ups. I went ahead and booted you, but hopefully things settle down at work at some point and you can find the time to come back. Depending on whether OS puts out a good roster set, I was thinking about restarting from scratch next football season, unless everyone just really wanted to keep going with the existing Dynasty. Maybe you could rejoin then without having to worry about coaching bugs and things.

Didn't know about the conference shift for Ga. Tech. Was too late to customize conferences when I saw it, but we could do it next year if Truth still wants to (and if the league is still fairly active by that point.)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum