American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 6 Open Empty Week 6 Open

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:03 pm
Week 6 is now open.  I will advance the week on Thursday (12/19).
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Week 6 Open Empty Re: Week 6 Open

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:24 am
Illinois gets absolutely destroyed. I have nothing to say. But seriously though, 1 Receiver with 278 yards on 7 receptions when nobody else had above 2, or even above 60 yards receiving.. Give me a break Ken...there was more than just him on the field. Rant over. This game is about to mentally break me.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 am
Sorry you feel that way man. But a lot of the throws were bombs that I caught myself because you chose to manual your safety. If you hadn't they'd probably be broken up or intercepted. It wasn't like I was exploiting a slant or curl route.

Plus I thought I mixed it up well with my running. When I saw that you had one safety over the top that's when I audibled to those pass plays. You had your best CB on him too. I think you could've just let the safety make the play. When I saw that you kept manually controlling him, I kept going there.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 am
It's probably because I feel like I have no luck in this game anymore. Everyone else has built a decent program, while I am still stuck in the crapper. Nothing else was wrong with your play style, it was more or less just irritation. I was bound to snap on someone, and I dont know why I did it that way.

What I am basically saying is that I'm getting quite annoyed at how this game functions. I understand that its just college kids, but they have the awareness of an orangutan trying to find a banana when it's right in front of them. They just don't react. 

Even if I would have left the play alone on those bombs, you more than likely would have caught it anyways. I'm trying really hard not to give up on this game, but the past two seasons is making it very difficult not to. I don't like giving up, thats not my style. Everywhere still seems to just go down from the first season on. Nobody wants to play for my team. All the decent recruits decide to play elsewhere.

It's nothing against you Ken, this game, like I said before, is mentally breaking me. I have no problems with you whatsoever, just that game is opening my eyes. Sorry if I made you feel bad or anything like that.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:43 am
I'm 3-3 so I know how you feel. Its hard even against the CPU.

When I saw that Lucien had over 200 yards I kind of expected a reaction. I did take him out late in the game but I was only up 20 with over 3 minutes left anyway.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:44 am
I've been 4-12 in the last two seasons. This team has been a pain to try to build into a powerhouse, but the wheels keep falling off.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 pm
USC Escapes from Arizona State 24-14, never seen so many option, perfect passes, and perfect runs. These settings scare me. Max Browne is now a heisman contender but did not heisman numbers, we'll see how the voters feel.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 am
Did something happen to Steel?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:39 pm
Ken wrote:Did something happen to Steel?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still here.  Sorry for the inactivity guys but I've been swamped recently.  I start a new job next week so the last two weeks have been spent finalizing the month end close, documenting my current duties for handover and studying up for my new role.

To be honest, with the new role starting up next week my activity may not change for the near future.  hopefully I'll still be able to get my games in.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:53 pm
Congrats on the new job!
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:40 pm
Uuuuugh. The AI took a dump all over me in that one. I lose Maty Mauk to an injury in the first quarter. Then I lose my backup QB for a couple series. Meanwhile, Vanderbilt is moving the ball at will, with WRs making ridiculous catches on awkward, spinning back foot throws. One of these catches, the game flashed the USER CATCH sign on the bottom line, which is odd, because I'm playing the CPU.

So, I'm down 24-7 in the second half, and I mount an epic comeback to force overtime by kicking a FG without any TOs and time expiring. Then to start overtime, I get a quick 9-yard run from my starting running back.... who promptly gets hurt. Very next play, I hand the ball off to the backup..... who promptly fumbles.

Sigh. Not real sure what I'm supposed to do there.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:06 pm
Ugh I cant catch a break. Ga. Tech loses 21-14. A.goal line stand late in the 4th by the Tigers made sure the Yellow Jackets would go down in this rivalry game for a 3rd straight season.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 pm
Penn State kitty cats are allergic to the rain dropping everything in sight. Huskers starting RB Terrell Newby had over 60 yards rushing in the first quarter before getting knocked out for the game. The Huskers offense stepped up though as 4 players had over 60 yards rushing, and the backups, and backups backups were in midway through the 3rd quarter producing points.

Nebraska had more first downs than Penn State had points.  Seeing the losses by truth and Mustard, it's a weird week indeed.  By the end of the game, Husker fans were chanting, "We want Runzas!" in reference to fans getting free runzas whenever the basketball team scores more than 70 points. Maybe the local chain will oblige.

FINAL SCORE
 Penn State 17

Nebraska 76
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:22 am
the_EDJ wrote:Congrats on the new job!

Thanks.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:08 am
the_EDJ wrote:Penn State kitty cats are allergic to the rain dropping everything in sight. Huskers starting RB Terrell Newby had over 60 yards rushing in the first quarter before getting knocked out for the game. The Huskers offense stepped up though as 4 players had over 60 yards rushing, and the backups, and backups backups were in midway through the 3rd quarter producing points.

Nebraska had more first downs than Penn State had points.  Seeing the losses by truth and Mustard, it's a weird week indeed.  By the end of the game, Husker fans were chanting, "We want Runzas!" in reference to fans getting free runzas whenever the basketball team scores more than 70 points. Maybe the local chain will oblige.

FINAL SCORE
 Penn State 17

Nebraska 76
76! How the .... ? Whatever you're doing EDJ keep doing it
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 pm
Iowa gets Back In The W Column

A week after having their 18 game winning streak snapped the Iowa Hawkeyes began the ground work towards another streak as they won a hard fought battle against Ohio State.  True freshmen RB Solomon Hatcher plunged in from 1 yard out to cut the Ohio State lead to 1 with 12 seconds remaining.  Coach Steel Pitt rolled the dice and put the game in the hands of his star QB.  Jason Wade ran the Read Option, kept the ball and scored the 2 point conversion as Iowa pulled out a 39-38 victory over the Buckeyes.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum