American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 14 Open

+4
MeanMrMustard
BK_Buckeye
truth_n_babylon
Steel Pitt
8 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 14 Open Empty Week 14 Open

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:26 am
Week 14 is now open.  I will advance the week on Thursday (11/14).
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Week 14 Open Empty Re: Week 14 Open

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:54 am
Well I'm still alive for an ACC Championship birth although I'm going to need some major help. 2-9 Pitt has to knock off Miami and UVA has to beat arch rival VA Tech. Longshot but the window is open.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:31 am
Sorry been MIA Steel.. put me on AP if you havent already, took on a new role at work, havent been able to turn the PS3 on in nlike 2 weeks...  I'll be back though...
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:12 am
Mizzou locks up 2 more 3-star recruits, pushing its class to 10 commitments.

Here's the two latest additions, followed by the rest of the class:

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven WR Steve Hobbs, 65 OVR
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven DT Adam Martin, 64 OVR
--
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven WR Eric Woods, 71 OVR
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven WR Kevin Everett, 69 OVR
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven CB Kevin Johnson, 69 OVR
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven DT Jamie Fritz, 68 OVR
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven SS David Lundy, 67 OVR
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven TE Seth Smith, 65 OVR
Like a Star @ heaven P Victor Arnold, 71 OVR (GEM) 
Like a Star @ heaven T Blake Murphy, 64 OVR (JUCO, GEM)

I'm doing MUCH better on the recruiting trail this year. Hoping to lock up my first 5-star recruit, a 78 OVR ATH, maybe as soon as next week, after an A+ recruiting visit against Florida pushed me way out in front of UCLA.

I also should have a good shot at a 79 OVR DT and a 77 OVR FS when we shift to offseason recruiting.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 pm
Senior Day in Tuscaloosa was a resounding success. We jumped out to a 28 - 0 halftime lead and never looked back.

Nothing brings more joy to T-town than dismantling Auburn at home. We played an almost flawless game, especially our QB Alec Morris who went 17-17 for 170 yard & 2 TDs plus 8 rushes for 37 yards. Yeldon had another solid game (163 yards, 3 rushing TD, and 1 receiving TD) and is making a strong argument for the Heisman, especially after winning the head to head match against ND's Atkinson.  

Now we'll take the week off to rest up and get ready to travel to Atlanta for the SEC championship game versus Mizzou. Missouri is a good team with a good coach, so we know that they'll come prepared to play. What happened in the regular season doesn't matter now and we won't dwell on the past. Our focus is on winning the BCS championship and to have a chance to do that we have to win in Atlanta. 

In terms of recruiting, we had three recruits on campus and I'm sure the good showing against Auburn didn't hurt our chances of landing them. 

Well that's all, and as always Roll Tide Roll.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:39 pm
Illinois ends the season on a high note after a sour start, beating Northwestern 28-23, and finishing the season at 4-8, after being 9-4 a season ago. Ill be ready to fight again next season.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:25 pm
Iowa/Nebraska is trying to kick off now. Enjoying some frozen screens and such, hopefully it gets played.

Should it work, you can watch the game: http://www.twitch.tv/the_edj
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:53 pm
Iowa wins the Heroes Game in Thrilling fashion as Coach Steel Pitt and Coach EDJ play yet another Instant Classic in their series.  Full write up to come, but in short:

Down 21-14, Iowa settles a for a FG late to cut the lead to 21-17.  Nebraska makes a couple a first downs but with a little over a minute left Iowa CB Maurice Flemming jumps in front of a WR Screen pass for an INT.  Iowa moves the ball into Nebraska territory but faces 4th and 27 after a sack and couple of incomplete passes.  On 4th and 27, the third Iowa QB to play in the game hits a WR coming across the field for not only the conversion but the TD.  Iowa seals the game with an INT on Nebraska's final drive to win 24-21 and remain undefeated.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Iowa wins the Heroes Game in Thrilling fashion as Coach Steel Pitt and Coach EDJ play yet another Instant Classic in their series.  Full write up to come, but in short:

Down 21-14, Iowa settles a for a FG late to cut the lead to 21-17.  Nebraska makes a couple a first downs but with a little over a minute left Iowa CB Maurice Flemming jumps in front of a WR Screen pass for an INT.  Iowa moves the ball into Nebraska territory but faces 4th and 27 after a sack and couple of incomplete passes.  On 4th and 27, the third Iowa QB to play in the game hits a WR coming across the field for not only the conversion but the TD.  Iowa seals the game with an INT on Nebraska's final drive to win 24-21 and remain undefeated.
Tebow tears all around Lincoln today as Nebraska fans watch in horror as the Huskers offense shits the bed throwing the ball when just needing to milk the clock...sigh. Great game Pitt.  No write up from Nebraska, I'm sure Pitt's will do the game justice. Photos and Videos from Nebraska's perspective are on the NCAA Dynasty Website.
Upset - Tebow Upset - Tebow Week 14 Open Gyi0062076127Upset - Tebow Upset - Tebow 
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:00 pm
MSU beats rutgers 42-32 to end the season.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hawkeyes Prayers Answered On 4th And 27

Week 14 Open My-prayers-have-been-answered
With under a minute remaining, the Iowa Hawkeyes faced a 4th and 27 from the Nebraska 29 yard line trailing 21-17.  On the line was not only the victory, but bragging rights in the annual Heroes Game (having lost last year to Nebraska), an undefeated season and any shot at potentially going to the BCS Title Game.  Under Center was redshirt sophomore QB Nic Shimonek ... the third Iowa QB to see the field.  Shimonek barked out the signals, snapped the ball, dropped back, surveyed the field with good protection and heaved a pass (only his second attempt since week 5) ... CAUGHT by WR Jacob Hillyer between four Cornhusker defenders for the score.

Week 14 Open Iowa-n10
WR Jacob Hillyer led the way with 4 catches for 66 Yards including the Game Winning TD

It was a thrilling end to what was another instant classic between Coach Steel Pitt and Coach EDJ.  As the game began, however, the offensive fireworks were few and far between.  A combination of two good defenses and two coaches who have played each other a number of times created a lot of opportunities for the punters as each team took turns punting and playing field position.  The first score of the game came when Iowa MLB Quinton Alston stepped in front of a Tommy Armstrong pass for an INT and returned it 70 yards for a TD.  The Iowa offense was not much better as starting QB Jake Rudock started the game 0/5 with an INT and was eventually benched in favor of true freshmen Jason Wade.

A 50 yard TD pass from Tommy Armstrong to WR Taariq Allen tied the score at the half.  Both coaches made some adjustments and the offenses began to move in the second half.  Tommy Armstrong began to find the holes in the Iowa secondary and found WR Kenny Bell for a 21 yard TD down the let sideline as he easily beat press coverage.  With QB Jason Wade under center Iowa tried to work the Read Option game but Nebraska keyed on the freshmen and did not allow him to tuck it and run.  However, that led to clear running lanes for RB Damon Bullock as he got the Iowa running game going.  And when the Cornhuskers came up to stop the run, Wade found TE Jake Duzey in the endzone on a 14 yard play-action pass to tie the score at 14 heading into the final quarter.

Week 14 Open Iowa-n11
RB Damon Bullock continued his strong season with 17 carries for 130 yards against a tough Nebraska D.

With under 5 minutes remaining the combination of Armstrong to Bell struck again as Bell ran a beautiful corner route for the 32 yard catch and score and a 21-14 point lead.  Iowa would move quickly down the field but the drive would stall and they would settle for a FG.  With 3:30 remaining in the game this is where it got interesting.  Iowa desperately was trying to shut down the run game and force a punt while trying to save enough time for another drive.  Nebraska, expecting a run blitz, decided to throw what they felt was a safe pass (the WR screen) that would keep the clock running.  However, CB Maurice Flemming jumped the route and picked off the intended pass setting up one last drive for the Hawkeyes.

Week 14 Open Iowa-n12

Iowa, led by Jason Wade maneuvered down to the Nebraska 12 before a sack on first down forced them into second and long.  On second down, Jason Wade missed a wide open WR running down the seam for a sure TD.  Coach Steel Pitt, knowing that this game was going to be won via the passing game, made a crucial and gutsy decision to bring in Nic Shimonek off the bench for the final two plays.  After an incomplete pass on third down, Shimonek found Hillyer for the 29 yard TD pass on 4th and 27 with just 29 seconds remaining.  Nebraska would get one last chance but their fate was sealed when SS Nico Law intercepted the pass to essentially end the game.

Week 14 Open Iowa-n13
CB Maurice Flemming steps in front of the pass for the INT that set up the game winning drive.

Iowa finishes the season a perfect 12-0 and will get set to face the Maryland Terps in the B1G Title Game.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:On 4th and 27, the third Iowa QB to play in the game hits a WR coming across the field for not only the conversion but the TD.
I'm not a guy who throws controllers, but man. This would've had me close. Nothing worse than the 3rd/4th down and a mile conversion.

Great write up.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:20 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:On 4th and 27, the third Iowa QB to play in the game hits a WR coming across the field for not only the conversion but the TD.
I'm not a guy who throws controllers, but man. This would've had me close. Nothing worse than the 3rd/4th down and a mile conversion.

Great write up.
I will neither confirm nor deny that I've thrown a controller before. But in all of my games versus Pitt, I've come to expect anything and everything in our games. When that moment happened, I was reading the pass the whole way usering my safety just a few yards inside waiting for the throw to the receiver's right side. I usually stay too close to the receiver letting touch passes get by me. I must've over-corrected and went from in front of the route to behind the ball trying to make a play letting the WR step in for the catch. I wonder if I had hit L1 instead of Triangle if I would've had a chance to tip it.

I just can't get over throwing the ball that late. The audible was in my system for that exact play and my slot WR blocked the blitzing SS instead of the CB. Tunnel vision got me, should've just taken the sack or something.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
MeanMrMustard wrote:

Great write up.
I will neither confirm nor deny that I've thrown a controller before. But in all of my games versus Pitt, I've come to expect anything and everything in our games.  When that moment happened, I was reading the pass the whole way usering my safety just a few yards inside waiting for the throw to the receiver's right side. I usually stay too close to the receiver letting touch passes get by me.  I must've over-corrected and went from in front of the route to behind the ball trying to make a play letting the WR step in for the catch. I wonder if I had hit L1 instead of Triangle if I would've had a chance to tip it.

I just can't get over throwing the ball that late. The audible was in my system for that exact play and my slot WR blocked the blitzing SS instead of the CB. Tunnel vision got me, should've just taken the sack or something.
Wow!! That had to have been a heartbreaker of a loss. You can literally see the ball hawk be activated in the picture. Good season though EDJ.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:22 pm
the_EDJ wrote:
But in all of my games versus Pitt, I've come to expect anything and everything in our games.  
More to that, before the game EDJ and I both predicted that the game, as usual, would come to the final minutes.  EDJ even suggested that it would be a weird animation or crazy play in general that would decide the game and sure enough.

the_EDJ wrote:When that moment happened, I was reading the pass the whole way usering my safety just a few yards inside waiting for the throw to the receiver's right side. I usually stay too close to the receiver letting touch passes get by me.  I must've over-corrected and went from in front of the route to behind the ball trying to make a play letting the WR step in for the catch. I wonder if I had hit L1 instead of Triangle if I would've had a chance to tip it.

The crazy thing is that I threw that route earlier in the game and it did result in a pick by my starting QB (which led to him getting benched).
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:14 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
the_EDJ wrote:But in all of my games versus Pitt, I've come to expect anything and everything in our games.  
More to that, before the game EDJ and I both predicted that the game, as usual, would come to the final minutes.  EDJ even suggested that it would be a weird animation or crazy play in general that would decide the game and sure enough.
the_EDJ wrote:When that moment happened, I was reading the pass the whole way usering my safety just a few yards inside waiting for the throw to the receiver's right side. I usually stay too close to the receiver letting touch passes get by me.  I must've over-corrected and went from in front of the route to behind the ball trying to make a play letting the WR step in for the catch. I wonder if I had hit L1 instead of Triangle if I would've had a chance to tip it.
The crazy thing is that I threw that route earlier in the game and it did result in a pick by my starting QB (which led to him getting benched).
I'd shake my head some more, but I've already got a crick in my neck from shaking my head all night last night. haha
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum