American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 12 Open Empty Week 12 Open

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:47 pm
Week 12 is now open.  I will advance the week on Wednesday (11/6).
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Week 12 Open Empty Re: Week 12 Open

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Week 12 Open Commit10
Week 12 Open Leander_2783_Landis
Week 12 Open 6_B_G_005_SnapShot
Week 12 Open Top150 WR Andre Manning
Black Forest, CO (Vista Ridge High)
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
#1 WR in Nation
#4 Player Overall

One of the highest rated recruits in Nebraska history, Manning is already penciled in as a starter with Kenny Bell and Jamal Turner both graduating this spring. The playing time weighed heavily in his decision making, and the air attack Offensive Coordinator Scott Frost has drawn up recently proved that Nebraska was more than just a running team.  Manning boasts great speed and burst, and of course incredible receiving ability. He turned down Illinois' heavy pursuit before even visiting Champagin (Suck it Illini. No nice things for you Wink )

In other recruiting news, Nebraska picked up two more commits for this class. 4 Star WR Ashton Harris (#33 WR overall) is a burner, who may redshirt depending on development in the offseason by other underclassmen. Also, another ESPN 150 recruit in Dominic Barry (#24 WR overall, #128 player overall) pledged to play for the Huskers. Barry, a 4 Star recruit has little speed to boast off, and really only got a pity offer from Nebraska being the best player in the home state and is almost guaranteed to redshirt while adjusting to the college speed.

The recruiting news was just icing on the cake with Nebraska sitting in the top 5 of the nation to open the week.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:31 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
First off all, management would like to apologize for the lack of participation in this part of the forum. We will rectify that from here on out. 

Second let's briefly recap what's been going on in Tuscaloosa. We've had some growing pains as we have been trying to find an identity on both sides of the ball. We've been able to escape some close games against good competition based on the depth of our team but we know that we can't depend on talent alone to win the championship. 

In terms of recruiting, we are not looking so good. We have A LOT of talent that is going to be departing T-Town due to graduation and I pretty certain this recruiting class will not restock the pantry. Either way we are focusing on getting quality players over quantity. As we spend more time in the league we will acquire more coaching points and make major moves in recruiting. For now we'll be content with meeting all our immediate needs. 

Finally, we had a great showing against the Fighting Irish to start out this week. The fact that we had a lot of recruits visiting was a motivating factor along with the need to stay undefeated and in the BCS championship game hunt. We must admit that looking at the stats that ND had running the ball we were a bit concerned. The fact that ND had close games against human opponents relieved some of that concern. We got out to a great start by scoring 35 points in the first half and holding ND to 10. From there on out it was about bottling up Atkinson and making Zaire beat us with his arm. 

We had a GREAT game from our QB Morris who went 17-18 for 285 yards and 3 TDs along with 2 TDS on the ground. TJ Yeldon was his consistent self leading us in rushing, receptions, receiving TDs, and receiving yards. 

Our defense answered the bell and held the nations leading rushing attack that was averaging over 400 yards a game and 5 rushing TDs to 43 yards and 1 TD, while picking off Zaire twice. Pagan had three sacks of Zaire as well. 

So right now our focus is on the next BCS rankings where we anticipate jumping over Iowa and reclaiming the #1 spot. Next we have to get ready for a tough road game in South Carolina and then right after that Auburn in the Iron Bowl. Though AUB has a losing record this year, they would find no greater pleasure than handing us our first loss of the season. 

That's all and don't forget, ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 pm
Wow, Michigan State wins on an 82 yard TD as time expired.  Must have been some game Squirrel.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:30 pm
UCLA Bruins lose 66-45 to the Arizona Wildcats. 

My defense is atrocious, but I had more success on offensive. I checked and saw that I had a 83% job security still, lol.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Wow, Michigan State wins on an 82 yard TD as time expired.  Must have been some game Squirrel.
It wasn't just an 82 yard touchdown. It was a forced fumble with 15 seconds left that my safety RJ Williamson returned all the way (and ran horizontally to waste time) back for a touchdown, when all Central Michigan was trying to do was run the ball and set up for the game winning field goal attempt.

Both teams combined for nine turnovers and 105 points. My defense scored 21 points on their own. One of the wildest games I've ever played in the NCAA series.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:27 pm
SquirrelHunter wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:Wow, Michigan State wins on an 82 yard TD as time expired.  Must have been some game Squirrel.
It wasn't just an 82 yard touchdown. It was a forced fumble with 15 seconds left that my safety RJ Williamson returned all the way (and ran horizontally to waste time) back for a touchdown, when all Central Michigan was trying to do was run the ball and set up for the game winning field goal attempt.

Both teams combined for nine turnovers and 105 points. My defense scored 21 points on their own. One of the wildest games I've ever played in the NCAA series.
Even bigger WOW
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:29 am
NebraskaHuskers/Hoosiers put up Tecmo Bowl Numbers...Indiana
Week 12 Open NCA14PS3_103_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_tgg
...and DeAngelo Roberts had dibs on Bo Jackson apparently. The Senior RB gashed the Nebraska Cornhuskers with 16 Carries gaining 274 Yards, and 3 TDs. No, that is not a typo. I've read over it four times. He also had 47 yards receiving. Those three TDs were 75 yards, 96 yards, and 3 yards each. Roberts also had a 40 yard run that would've scored, had his shoelaces not met a LBs hand.  Oh, and Indiana still found a way to lose.  Both teams put up over 500 yards of total offense. Huskers added over 300 yards of total yards if you include the 300+ kick return yards (and a TD).

Tommy Armstrong Jr went off for 400+ yards receiving and 4 TDs. All three healthy Husker RBs (Abdullah out) scored rushing TDs. Imani Cross showed how tough he was breaking his thumb and coming back in to catch a TD pass. Sophomore Jordan Westerkamp went 6 catches for 142 yards. Kenny Bell had 6 catches for 98 yards.  That was a draining game as each team was just scoring constantly.

FINAL SCORE
Nebraska 59

Indiana42
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum