American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 9 Open

+5
burnum81
MeanMrMustard
Animosity1oAK
Ken
Steel Pitt
9 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 9 Open Empty Week 9 Open

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:02 pm
Week 9 is now open.  I will advance the week on Sunday (10/27).
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Week 9 Open Empty Re: Week 9 Open

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
LOL UCLA beats Oregon 83-0 Laughing
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 pm
Ken wrote:LOL UCLA beats Oregon 83-0 Laughing
Btw, your starting offense is suspended for the next game for stat padding.  haha
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:32 pm
Illinois loses again, this team is just awful...the only positive thing that has happened is gaining the commitment of the #19 Recruit (#1 OLB). All this losing is making me lose recruits and I'll end up in a bigger hole than I did last year....I'll never have nice things for this team. I seriously feel your pain Ken and Truth..
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:24 pm
Iowa Survives Scare

Coach Steel Pitt did indeed make the change and inserted true freshmen QB Jason Wade into the lineup as the starter at QB for the Iowa Hawkeyes.  After a shaky start, in which the Hawkeyes had to repeatedly settle for 3 FG's in the first half, the youngster calmed down.  The Wildcats though presented quite the challenge for the freshmen in his first career start. In addition to battling his nerves, he had to battle the road crowd as well as the cold, windy and rainy conditions.

Midway through the third quarter Northwestern took a 22-16 point lead, but the true freshmen QB made Coach Steel Pitt look like a smart man for making him the starter.  Wade led the offense to TD's on their next four possessions as the Hawkeyes outlasted Northwestern 44-37 to improve to 8-0.

Wade went 16/22 for 201 Yards.  The Iowa Hawkeyes amassed 302 yards on the ground as they got 188 from RB Damon Bullock (3TD)  and 109 from QB Jason Wade (2TD).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 pm
Btw, I had one of the weirdest plays in this game.  As you know Northwestern runs Shotgun - No Huddle on offense.  They completed a pass for 50+ yards and got tackled on my 2 Yard line.  The went no huddle and rushed to the line.  With the QB in shotgun, the Center snapped it to himself and ran into the endzone for the TD. 

LOL, how do you defend that?  hahaha

I saved the replay of the play (from two different angles) on the Dynasty Wire if anyone wants to check it out.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Btw, I had one of the weirdest plays in this game.  As you know Northwestern runs Shotgun - No Huddle on offense.  They completed a pass for 50+ yards and got tackled on my 2 Yard line.  The went no huddle and rushed to the line.  With the QB in shotgun, the Center snapped it to himself and ran into the endzone for the TD. 
If only I knew...
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:18 am
Steel Pitt wrote:Btw, I had one of the weirdest plays in this game.  As you know Northwestern runs Shotgun - No Huddle on offense.  They completed a pass for 50+ yards and got tackled on my 2 Yard line.  The went no huddle and rushed to the line.  With the QB in shotgun, the Center snapped it to himself and ran into the endzone for the TD. 

LOL, how do you defend that?  hahaha

I saved the replay of the play (from two different angles) on the Dynasty Wire if anyone wants to check it out.
Hahaha awesome. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who had seen this glitch. Never seen it go for a TD, but definitely had the CPU center snap it to himself on at least 3 occasions at this point. Goes for at least 3-4 yards every single time. Genius playcalling. cheers
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 am
Mizzou signs three recruits

After a quiet year on the recruiting front so far, Mizzou picked up its first recruit this week — and then its second and third.
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven WR Eric Woods -- 71 OVR (#77 WR)
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven DT Jamie Fritz -- 68 OVR (#24 DT)
Like a Star @ heaven P Victor Arnold -- 71 OVR (#38 P; GEM)
burnum81
burnum81
All-American
All-American
Yards : 406
Swagger : 8
LocationEurope
Fave NFL Team : Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : Florida State

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:05 am
FSU upsets #3 Louisville

Florida State overcame shaky QB play by Jacob Coker (filling in for the remainder of the season for injured starter Jameis Winston) to stun #3 Louisville 27-9. The Noles' defense played great all game, keeping the heralded Cardinals Offense and star QB Teddy Bridgewater out of the endzone all game.
SS Karlos Williams was all over the field and the D-Line brought just enough pressure to hurry Bridgewater into some bad throws.

FSU now has its bye week coming up before hosting ACC rival Clemson in Tallahassee.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:35 pm
Notre Dame outlasts BYU 42-33 in a game that was back and fourth until the final seconds of the game. ND had a 21-6 lead at the half but thats where the fun began. BYU outscored the Irish 14-7 in the 3rd quarter to make the score 28-20 entering the 4th. After intercepting Malik Zaire early in the 4th the Cougars Jamal Williams scores from 2 yards out to pull within 2, they go for the 2pt conversion and Taysom Hill throws a quick slant to a WIDE open receiver and he drops it leaving the score 28-26. After the Irish march down the field  and score take a 35-26 lead on an Atkinson TD run the Cougars run the triple option to perfection leading to a 63 yard TD run by FB Paul Lasike making the score 35-33 with 3:34 left on the clock. Notre Dame marches down to the BYU 2 yard line where the Cougar defense holds them out of the end zone 3 plays in a row bringing up a crucial 4th and Goal from the 2 yard line with 51 seconds to go. There was no question as to who was getting the ball and Notre Dame's all everything running back came through in the clutch scoring the game winning TD from 2 yards out. This is a game the Notre Dame's pass happy offenses of past years would have defiantly lost, BYU's defensive was flying around causing havoc for their sophomore QB but the Irish's ball control running game prevailed in the end. GAIII finishes with another 300 yard rushing game but this time the Irish needed every single yard. 
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:20 pm
OV4U2 wrote: GAIII finishes with another 300 yard rushing game but this time the Irish needed every single yard. 
LOL @ "another 300 yard game" like 300 yard rushing games are routine. lol
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:27 pm
michigan state baaaaaaaaaaarely gets it done against minnesota. Down 31-16 in the 3rd, the defense forces a safety, and the offense scores two touchdowns (the last of which came with 13 seconds left on a pass to all-world WR keith mumphery) in the 4th to avoid the upset.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:19 am
NebraskaWuck FisconsinWisconsin
Week 9 Open NCA14PS3_95_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_uBQ
Nebraska gets by the Badgers, but the animosity is still there.  Kenny Bell sets a school record 188 yards receiving on the day with two HUGE TD catches of 77 and 60 yards. The Nebraska ground game has become a bit of an embarrassment, but Tommy Armstrong has proven adept at throwing the ball. His issues with interceptions were limited, but it's clear that despite the improved depth, the Cornhuskers have taken a step back with Taylor Martinez running around the CFL like a chicken with his head cut off.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:35 am
I'm telling you...Wuck Fisconsin yes.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:23 pm
Hope all is going well in NCAA land. Best of Luck burnum.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:44 pm
Sorry, just got back from a quick road trip. I'll play my game in the morning before the NFL games.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 am
Mizzou wins on last-second FG
Missouri 20, South Carolina 17
Week 9 Open Ort4b.St.81
For a second straight week, Missouri won in thrilling fashion, coming from behind to beat the South Carolina Gamecocks on a last-second FG by K Andrew Baggett.
Sophomore QB Maty Mauk struggled to start the game, but was flawless in the second half, adding to his 2,200 passing yards on the season, good for first in the entire country.
Coach Mustard's comments in the post game press conference had reporters scratching their heads, though. He seemed to be under the impression that Missouri had played — and lost — to South Carolina the night before.
"This was a big one," Mustard said after the game. "I was pretty pissed after last night, so for Baggett to get the game winner, man, that was huge.
"Laces out, man. Laces out."
--
Players of the Game
Offense: WR Dorial Green Beckham -- 8 catches for 101 yards, 2 TDs
Defense: MLB Matt Scherer -- 10 tackles
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
LocationBloomington, IL

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:36 pm
I do find that funny that the real game ended in a similar way, but the exact opposite ending.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum