American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 7 Open Empty Week 7 Open

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm
Week 7 is now open.  I will advance the week on Wednesday (10/23).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Week 7 Open Empty Re: Week 7 Open

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13 pm
Week 7 Open Collegefootball

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Week 7 Preview

As we head into Week 7 of the 2014 season all the AALoA teams are just about at the halfway point of the season.  Right now, this is shaping up to be one of the toughest seasons and when its all said and done it could very well be another user vs user National Championship game.  Currently, 5 of the top 6 teams in the country according to Coaches Poll are AALoA users but this week could see some potential shake up in that statement.

Top Ranked User Games

Week 7 Open Iowa_Hawkeyes_HelmetWeek 7 Open Ohio-state-wp-3Week 7 Open Nebraska_Cornhuskers_Helmet%255B1%255DWeek 7 Open Michigan_State_Spartans_Helmet

The biggest game of the week may very well come from Columbus, OH as the undefeated #1 Iowa Hawkeyes visit the undefeated #3 Ohio State Buckeyes.  Last season the Hawkeyes visited Ohio State and upset then #1 ranked Ohio State.  The Buckeyes would love nothing more than to return the favor.  The story of this game may be the QB's as All-World QB Braxton Miller is out still nursing an injury while the Hawkeyes will get their leader and primary signal caller, Jake Rudock, back in the lineup for the first time since the first half of their first game.

The biggest game of the week may come from Columbus but there will be plenty of action in East Lansing as well when the #6 Nebraska Cornhuskers face off with the #12 Michigan State Spartans.  The defending National Champions come into this game with a loss on their record but the voters all know that there is an asterisk next to that as it came in a sim loss to Ohio State.  Nebraska is still very much in the title hunt sitting at #6 in the country with 7 games left on their schedule.  Michigan State rebounded from their heartbreaking loss to Iowa by beating up on Northwestern last week.  Both of these teams have already suffered a conference loss so a loss here would really put a dent in either team's chances of getting to Indianapolis.

Battle of Heisman Hopefuls

Week 7 Open 130808152547-tj-yeldon-top-single-image-cutWeek 7 Open Heisman-johnny-manziel-football_jpeg8-1280x960

Tuscaloosa will be rocking as Johnny Football and the Texas A&M Aggies come calling.  #25 Texas A&M comes into this game with one loss in conference play and can't afford to lose another.  The undefeated #2 Alabama Crimson Tide look to stay unblemished and will do so behind a power running attack led by Heisman candidate RB TJ Yeldon.  There should be fireworks on both ends as both Manziel and Yeldon are capabale of putting up big numbers.

Speaking of Big Numbers

Week 7 Open Player_of_the_week

Can anyone guess who won National Offensive Player of the Week for Week 6?  If you said George Atkinson III then you were right of course.  Notre Dame will host the Hokies this week as Atkinson continues his quest to break Barry Sanders single season rushing record.

Time to Turn Things Around

Week 7 Open 04_turn_things_around

The season hasn't started the way Georgia Tech or UCLA wanted so this game could be a turning point for both teams.  The winner could turn this victory into a positive and build of it to get things pointed in the right direction.  The loser however will have much more to think about heading into the second half of the season as they'll have a stiff fight for bowl eligibility.

Elsewhere Around the League

Week 7 Open BIGTENWeek 7 Open Southeastern_conference_medium

Illinois may be 2-2 but they are 1-0 in conference play and would love to keep that zero in the loss column as they taken on the Michigan Wolverines.  In the SEC, Missouri looks to stay a game up on the competition in the SEC East as they travel to Athens to take on the Bulldogs.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:20 pm
Illinois gets whooped 49-17. 5 INTs for Lunt. That was just not a fun game at all. Half of the INTs were absolute AI cheese. Just not a fun game at all.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:29 pm
Georgia steamrolls Missouri, 52-33.

Georgia was up 28-3 at one point, so I pretty much had to sling it the entire second half, leading to 6(!) INTs. The game was lost long before the turnovers, though. One of those days where every little thing seemed to go against me. The one that really made me want to throw my controller was I had a screen pass with plenty of room to run, and the CPU decides to give me a goofy catch animation that made it take a good 3 seconds to gather myself and start running in the right direction. Just one of those days...

Maty Mauk completed 35 of 50 passes for 385 in the loss.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:31 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Illinois gets whooped 49-17. 5 INTs for Lunt. That was just not a fun game at all. Half of the INTs were absolute AI cheese. Just not a fun game at all.
I got destroyed, too. Must be one of those weeks...
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:49 pm
I'd say I'm glad I have a user game this week since this appears to be the crazy week like we had a season ago...but I play Squirrel, so it's not like it's any easier. Rough luck guys.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 pm
Can I just get an asterisk on this season? Shitty connection to Buckeye results in sim loss. And tonight somehow, my custom playbook wouldn't show Goalline, Special Teams, or Hail Mary despite every attempt to fill it up and whatever year old threads showed via Google. It's next to impossible to play a great player like Squirrel with a playbook that you've never played with just to get the game in.

Nebraska loses big. Huskers can't hold on to a single interception. Even when in press players are 13 yards off the receiver. When not in press, they try to press and get blown by. Sparty defenders warps all across the field for instant picks. MSU RB gets met in the backfield and falls 7 yards forward.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:46 pm
Damn.........this week has been rough on us all.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:49 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
the_EDJ wrote:Can I just get an asterisk on this season?
You can put any kind of notation/punctuation around your season that you want, lol.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum