American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 11 Open

+4
MeanMrMustard
Animosity1oAK
MoneyNades
Steel Pitt
8 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 11 Open Empty Week 11 Open

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:50 pm
Week 11 is now open.  I will advance the week on Sunday (9/8 ).
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Week 11 Open Empty Re: Week 11 Open

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:44 pm
The VA Tech Hokies dismantle #9 Miami Hurricanes 56-35, but its not all cheers as the Hokies lose starting RB JC Coleman for 4weeks, which is a major blow as he had 191yards on 20carries. 
Week 11 Open Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcVckzPEh75-H0zF-zbOB2Yzne2a5C2Fbd64lJ0mijKMsObUe3RQ
It took multiple people to stop JC Coleman until he got hurt.

The Hokies started the game stagnant as even when Logan Thomas threw an int on the first drive which lead to his benching. Enter the 2nd Quarter Back up Mark Leal is driving down the field and on a QB scramble is hit and lost for the game, re-enter Logan Thomas, who ended up completing his next 8passes finishing 9/10 for 125yards and 3TDs after his one int, while also adding a rushing TD.

The defense stepped up big time containing Duke Johnson and getting pressure as Duke only gained 85yards on 22carries. The score also escalated with VA Tech's three pick sixs.  Up next is Maryland a bye then Virginia Coach Davis can only hope he gets a chance to get in the ACC championship.
Week 11 Open 2Q==
Jack Tyler was all over the field containg Duke Johnson.
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:23 pm
Illinois survives a scare from Indiana, scores on a last second TD (with 2 seconds remaining) to steal a victory away from Indiana. A lob from Scheelhaase to Lankford down by 6 with 15 seconds to go led to a 40 yard gain on a jump ball, setting up Scheelhaase for the game winning strike to Miles Osei to win 38-37. Fuck you snow. I'm in total disbelief, I thought it was all over. Write up maybe later.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm
Animosity1oAK wrote:Illinois survives a scare from Indiana, scores on a last second TD (with 2 seconds remaining) to steal a victory away from Indiana. A lob from Scheelhaase to Lankford down by 6 with 15 seconds to go led to a 40 yard gain on a jump ball, setting up Scheelhaase for the game winning strike to Miles Osei to win 38-37. Fuck you snow. I'm in total disbelief, I thought it was all over. Write up maybe later.
Wow, sounds like a great game.

Those are the games that you finish and you're sweating and you're wondering why you're sweating because of a video game, lol.  Nice win man.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:47 pm
Week 11 Open ClassRankings_298

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Top Recruiting Classes

RankSchool5*4*3*2*1*     Total
  4UCLA05600     11
  39Michigan State12000     3
  60Ohio State20000     2
  68Iowa02021     5
  71Oregon02100     3
  73Georgia Tech00540     9
  83Penn State02000     2
  106Notre Dame01100     2
  107Nebraska01100     2
  116Illinois01000     1
  121Missouri00120     3
  126Virginia Tech00000     0
ESPN Recruiting Nation brings you the first look at the Top Recruiting Classes in the country as we head into Week 1 of the college football season.  one thing is for sure and that is that recruiting has become more of a task in NCAA14 or at least it appears that way as recruits are holding their cards a little closer to the vest than in previous years.  No longer are players just jumping at the first scholarship offer and are now weighing their options more as they understand that choosing the right college is very big ordeal.

This is quite apparent when looking at the recruiting classes of the AALoA teams through 10 weeks of recruiting.  In previous seasons, through 10 weeks, these teams would be flooding the Top 15 in terms of recruiting classes and they would all have double digit commitments by now with multiple 4 and 5 star players.  This season finds only one team with double digit commitments so far and only 3 teams with at least five total commits.

Despite the rough time on the field in his first season as UCLA's Head Coach, Jon Gruden has been doing a great job of hitting the recruiting trail as the Bruins have the #4 ranked recruiting class in the country as they've snagged 11 totals commitments (including 5 four star players).  The Buckeyes lead the way with 2 Five Star recruits but nothing else so far.  On the other end of the spectrum is the Virginia Tech Hokies who have yet to receive a commitment from any prospect.  Coach Davis has devoted much of his time into getting his team in position for an ACC Coastal Division championship but it seems to be taking a toll on his recruiting efforts.

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:49 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
Animosity1oAK wrote:Illinois survives a scare from Indiana, scores on a last second TD (with 2 seconds remaining) to steal a victory away from Indiana. A lob from Scheelhaase to Lankford down by 6 with 15 seconds to go led to a 40 yard gain on a jump ball, setting up Scheelhaase for the game winning strike to Miles Osei to win 38-37. Fuck you snow. I'm in total disbelief, I thought it was all over. Write up maybe later.
Wow, sounds like a great game.

Those are the games that you finish and you're sweating and you're wondering why you're sweating because of a video game, lol.  Nice win man.
Like...I threw a pick on the drive before they kicked the FG to go up by 6 and I thought it was over. a quick stop after it was 34-31 to make it 37-31. I thought the game was over, after some really bad plays on my final drive. 3rd Down I told myself I had nothing to lose and the game was over. Dialed up a play that would send Lankford on a streak, lobbed it up, and somehow came down with it. The look on my face was just...ridiculous. I didn't think he would come down with it. Luckily the quick no huddle had the defense caught off guard for the game winning score. My season is still chugging along somehow. Now Bowl eligible!
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:Week 11 Open ClassRankings_298

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty Top Recruiting Classes

RankSchool5*4*3*2*1*     Total
  4UCLA05600     11
  39Michigan State12000     3
  60Ohio State20000     2
  68Iowa02021     5
  71Oregon02100     3
  73Georgia Tech00540     9
  83Penn State02000     2
  106Notre Dame01100     2
  107Nebraska01100     2
  116Illinois01000     1
  121Missouri00120     3
  126Virginia Tech00000     0

ESPN Recruiting Nation brings you the first look at the Top Recruiting Classes in the country as we head into Week 1 of the college football season.  one thing is for sure and that is that recruiting has become more of a task in NCAA14 or at least it appears that way as recruits are holding their cards a little closer to the vest than in previous years.  No longer are players just jumping at the first scholarship offer and are now weighing their options more as they understand that choosing the right college is very big ordeal.

This is quite apparent when looking at the recruiting classes of the AALoA teams through 10 weeks of recruiting.  In previous seasons, through 10 weeks, these teams would be flooding the Top 15 in terms of recruiting classes and they would all have double digit commitments by now with multiple 4 and 5 star players.  This season finds only one team with double digit commitments so far and only 3 teams with at least five total commits.

Despite the rough time on the field in his first season as UCLA's Head Coach, Jon Gruden has been doing a great job of hitting the recruiting trail as the Bruins have the #4 ranked recruiting class in the country as they've snagged 11 totals commitments (including 5 four star players).  The Buckeyes lead the way with 2 Five Star recruits but nothing else so far.  On the other end of the spectrum is the Virginia Tech Hokies who have yet to receive a commitment from any prospect.  Coach Davis has devoted much of his time into getting his team in position for an ACC Coastal Division championship but it seems to be taking a toll on his recruiting efforts.
Coach Davis is struggling in gaining recruits, in disbelief as last year he had top3 classes every year.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:45 pm
The snow (almost) strikes again!
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 pm
NebraskaSilence in the Big House Michigan 
Week 11 Open NCA14PS3_38_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_sdo
Michigan rallies in the second half with 14 unanswered points to...come up just short. With three time outs, the Wolverines opted to kick it deep instead of going onside kick. The offensive surge of momentum did not carry over to the defense, and the Huskers could only hold on to their victory.  Game 1 of a 4, 5, or 6 game gauntlet (pending results) down. So much pressure awaits.

The Wolverines defense did a phenomenal job containing Taylor Martinez' running opportunities as the Heisman candidate totaled 60 yards on the ground. The QB also threw 2 picks in the first half, but was efficient overall with the ball taking advantage of the defense stacking defenders in the box to stop the run. Nebraska's defense on the other hand was a caged animal. Michigan was allowed to drive down the field time and time again. Only when backed up in the red zone did the Blackshirts gnash their teeth and force field goals. There was one fluke, long TD run allowed, and Devin Gardner's only TD pass came on 4th on long where the zone coverage decided to have three defenders chase the underneath route leaving the deep middle of the field wide open.

I now know what everyone was experiencing. The 2nd half was a slugfest of phantom clips, and super defensive plays to force the ball and reverse big gains. Phew.

FINAL SCORE
Nebraska 28
Michigan 23

The Gauntlet: Michigan -- Penn State (illmatic) -- Michigan State (Squirrel) -- Iowa -- Possibly B1G Championship (illmatic, Buckeye, Ani, Wisconsin) -- Possibly National Championship (Oklahoma still #1, what a dream matchup for the title)
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 am
Missouri Snowed Under

Missouri 35, Kentucky 65

Week 11 Open 300x169

Kentucky runs for a million yards per carry. I throw 5 picks. And it's still snowing.

Players of the Game:
Offense: Kentucky HB Raymond Sanders -- 227 yards rushing on 30 carries, 2 TDs
Defense: Missouri QB Maty Mauk -- 5 INTs, 1 fumble
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:48 am
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Missouri Snowed Under

Missouri 35, Kentucky 65

Week 11 Open 300x169

Kentucky runs for a million yards per carry. I throw 5 picks. And it's still snowing.

Players of the Game:
LOL.  I don't mean to laugh at your pain but I am dying over here reading your write-ups.

I just finished my game and saw the update that Missouri lost and then I saw the picture and there was snow and I was just waiting to see what you had to say.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:49 am
Notre Dame runs away from Pitt 59-28 behind a strong performance from Tommy Rees. He completed 26-29 passes for 359 yards with only 1 INT. GAIII also had a huge game gaining 146 yards on 18 carries with 5 TD's. The Irish have a week off to game plan for their remaining 2 games as they try and secure a BCS at large bid
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 am
OV4U2 wrote:Notre Dame runs away from Pitt 59-28 behind a strong performance from Tommy Rees. He completed 26-29 passes for 359 yards with only 1 INT. GAIII also had a huge game gaining 146 yards on 18 carries with 5 TD's. The Irish have a week off to game plan for their remaining 2 games as they try and secure a BCS at large bid
Big win congrats.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:00 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Missouri Snowed Under

Missouri 35, Kentucky 65

Week 11 Open 300x169

Players of the Game:
Its the snow man i'm telling you. Boston College beat me in the snow and I beat Miami without scratch
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:01 pm
x--Nike wrote:
OV4U2 wrote:Notre Dame runs away from Pitt 59-28 behind a strong performance from Tommy Rees. He completed 26-29 passes for 359 yards with only 1 INT. GAIII also had a huge game gaining 146 yards on 18 carries with 5 TD's. The Irish have a week off to game plan for their remaining 2 games as they try and secure a BCS at large bid
Big win congrats.

Thanks it seems like the CPU is playing me a lot weaker these last couple games
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:04 pm
Iowa Survives Scare
Hawkeyes sneak past Boilermakers thanks to Rudock's 6 TD's

Week 11 Open Nca14p13
QB Jake Rudock threw for 3 TD and rushed for 3 TD

The Purdue Boilermakers came into the game vs Iowa without a conference win to its name, however they have been known in the past to be a difficult out.  Today was no different as the Boilermakers gave the Hawkeyes everything they could handle before eventually bowing out 42-34.

The first quarter saw the Boilermakers jump out to a 10-0 lead as the Hawkeyes had trouble keeping possession of the ball.  Sophomore QB Jake Rudock threw two first quarter picks and it looked like it could be one of those days.  Luckily the defense was stout forcing a FG on one drive and another that resulted in a missed FG or the damage could have been much worse than 10-0.  As the second quarter progressed the defense got better and Rudock began throwing to his own players as the Hawkeyes took a 14-0 lead into the break.

Coming out of the locker room this had all the makings of a Hawkeyes blowout but if that's what you had in mind those thoughts were all changed on the first possession as Purdue FS Taylor Richards picked off a Rudock pass and returned it 27 yards for the go ahead score. 

Week 11 Open Iowa-p10

The two teams traded scores for the entire third quarter as Iowa even went to their no huddle attack which produced incredible results for them.  The turning point in the game came with about five minutes remaining.  After trading scores for an entire quarter, the Boilermakers got the ball down 35-31 but the Iowa defense came up with a huge three and out and forced Purdue to punt.  Iowa promptly came right down the field and capped off another drive with a 31 yard TD run by Rudock.  Purdue would get a FG to cut the lead to 8 but Iowa's running game ate up the clock as the Hawkeyes held on for a 42-34 victory.

FINAL SCORE

Iowa Hawkeyes 42
Purdue Boilermakers 34

PLAYER OF THE GAME

QB Jake Rudock

17/23 for 287 Yards
3 TD
3 INT
7 Rushes
74 Yards
3 TD
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:06 pm
One game remaining:

Penn State vs Minnesota
MoneyNades
MoneyNades

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Steel Pitt wrote:One game remaining:

Penn State vs Minnesota
We are moving at an amazing pace! good job everyone.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:28 pm
x--Nike wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:One game remaining:

Penn State vs Minnesota
We are moving at an amazing pace! good job everyone.
Yeah, no kidding.  Great job.

I'm guessing the NFL being back has something to do with it.  Everyone excited about football gets interest sparked in NCAA and Madden, as well as the fact that guys are trying to make sure they are free on Sunday, lol.

Either way, let's keep it moving.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:55 pm
I think the key to beating the CPU is to run the ball and just let the game come to you. I tried to outgun Arizona this week and lost.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:58 pm
Ken wrote:I think the key to beating the CPU is to run the ball and just let the game come to you. I tried to outgun Arizona this week and lost.
True and also in the passing game I would say don't force passes.  My offense greatly improved when I tried establishing the run early and I cut down on the amount passes that I just tried to force (better to take the sack).
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:03 pm
Wow, whoops guys. I swore I had a bye this week. I thought it even said so on our NCAA site. I will play the game tonight and start before 9EST. Sorry.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:24 pm
Penn State takes down Minnesota; Wins by 7

There was a dynasty error but it should have counted my game. Anyways, with no stats abailable I think it was 45-38 or something. It was 14-14 and then it really wasn't close but Minnesota scored on a ridiculous long pass on 3rd and long and also recovered an onside kick in the last 4 minutes. Hackenberg had a huge day, as did WR Robinson who broke the PSU receptions for a game record. Lynch and Zwinak also had good days on the ground. Offense was just rolling along smoothly. Defense struggled but thanks to some stupid plays by Minnesota and some drops, it was enough for the W.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:29 pm
illmatic_216 wrote:Wow, whoops guys. I swore I had a bye this week. I thought it even said so on our NCAA site. I will play the game tonight and start before 9EST. Sorry.
It's been, what, 30 hours since Pitt opened the week?

Slacker. Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum