American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 5 Open Empty Week 5 Open

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 am
Week 5 is now open.  I will advance the week on Thursday (8/22).
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Week 5 Open Empty Re: Week 5 Open

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:53 pm
Hawkeyes Capture The Floyd of Rosedale Trophy

Week 5 Open NCAAFB13-Floyd-Rosedale-Trophy

Last week the Hawkeyes suffered their first defeat after falling apart in the fourth quarter.  Coach Steel Pitt made sure the loss didn't linger with his troops as they jumped on Minnesota from the outset and dominated on their way to winning their first conference matchup of the season.  Not only did they get their first conference win but they'll be taking home with them the Floyd of Rosedale Trophy given annually to the winner of the Iowa-Minnesota game.  The defense smothered the Gophers forcing 3 turnovers while Jake Rudock had a bounce back game completing 13 of 17 passes for 247 yards and 2TD while also rushing for 2 scores.  There won't be much time to bask in this victory as they head home for homecoming when the Spartans of Michigan State will come visiting Iowa City.

FINAL SCORE

Iowa Hawkeyes 45
Minnesota Golden Gophers 14
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Notre Dame beats Illinois 31-17 behind a strong performance from George Atkinson III. Freshman Malik Zaire as thrived in his new role and will soon be the man, until then Coach Kelly continues to shuffle between the Senior and the Freshman
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:23 pm
Just got the notification to download patch 1.02 for NCAA Football. Should apparently help with the gray facemasks and speed up things a bit, like no huddle play-calling.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?745-NCAA-Football-14-Title-Update-2-Now-Available
EA Sports wrote:
Formation Subs Exploit
Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %

Coaching Carousel Update
Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty

Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly

Old Dominion Update
Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”

Vignette Slowdown
Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.

Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3

PS3 Optimization
PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.

NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES
Team Skill OVR Rating update
Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.

Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:45 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
OV4U2 wrote:Notre Dame beats Illinois 31-17 behind a strong performance from George Atkinson III. Freshman Malik Zaire as thrived in his new role and will soon be the man, until then Coach Kelly continues to shuffle between the Senior and the Freshman
Nice win and nice write up.  Even short write ups like this help add to the league.  Keep them coming.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:16 pm
Tigers coast to win over Arkansas State

Missouri 49, Arkansas State 21

Week 5 Open Screen11

After being carried to victory by its defense last week, Missouri's offense stepped up.

HB Henry Josey ran for 158 yards and 3 TDs, while Freshman QB Maty Mauk added 3 scores of his own as the Tigers coasted to victory against the Arkansas State Red Wolves.

"We're going to Disney World!" exclaimed Head Coach Mr. Mustard afterward. "No, seriously guys, what do you think my reaction is? Good win, but we've got a long week of practice ahead of us to prepare for Vandy."

The win slams the door on what was expected to be a cupcake non-conference schedule for Missouri, but the team only managed to escape with three wins in four games, one of which was sealed by a last second FG.

"We're getting there," Mauk said. "It's hard not to look good out there when Josey goes off for 10 yards a carry, but honestly, just coming out of huddles and stuff, we were a lot more comfortable than we were last week."

Mustard called a much more varied offensive attack than a week earlier, something analysts attributed to more comfort with a newly installed playbook. As opposed to the pistol-heavy offense of a week ago, Missouri frequently trotted out shotgun sets, and mixed in more read options and draw plays to keep the defense off balance.

To go along with his 278 yards passing, Mauk chipped in 42 rushing yards on 9 carries, putting the Tigers above 200 yards rushing for the day.

The defense forced a pick 6, but ultimately turned in a mediocre effort, surrendering 341 yards of total offense to the Sun Belt school.

"I mean, no, that's not what we were hoping for," Mustard said. "Two steps forward, one step back I guess. Maybe we can get both sides of the ball to show up in Nashville."

--

Players of the game
Offense: HB Henry Josey -- 15 carries, 158 yards, 3 TDs
Defense: DT Matt Hoch -- 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 am
The computer went and automatically scheduled all my recruit visits for me, and scheduled them all for the same week!   wtf?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:00 pm
BK_Buckeye wrote:The computer went and automatically scheduled all my recruit visits for me, and scheduled them all for the same week!   wtf?
Only thing I can think of is did you remember to turn Recruit Visit Assistance Off?
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:02 pm
Yeah, you've gotta manually turn that off. It scheduled a few visits for me before I realized it, all of them way earlier than I wanted.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:09 pm
damn, ok thanks for the tip...

well at this rate my incoming class is gonna be like 4 kids... Im getting killed in the races, losing ground on all my targets every week...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:22 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:Yeah, you've gotta manually turn that off. It scheduled a few visits for me before I realized it, all of them way earlier than I wanted.
Yeah Buckeye, what Mustard said.  If you go to the Recruiting Section or in you Coach Philosophy section there are options for Recutiing Assistance.  There are 3 different categories that the CPU will assist on (I think its Filling the Board, Offering Scholarships and Scheduling Visits).  All 3 are defaulted to ON for CPU Assistance so you have to manually turn them off.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Georgia Tech hangs on to win vs Va Tech 20-17 in OT.

The Yellow Jackets took a 10-0 lead and a strong defensive performance into halftime. Ga Tech made grew the lead to 17-3 late in the 3rd quarter off a wild Synjyn Days 5 yard TD run where everyone on the Hokie Defense thought he was down but in fact Days was laying on top of his blockers. He would regain his footing and then plunge into the endzone. The highlight is on the dynasty wire.

Va Tech would storm back of course. Va Tech went to score 14 unanswered points to tie the game with 1:30 left in the game. Ga Tech's ensuing drive ended in a quick 3 & out. 

The Hokies of course drove down into field goal range but Ga Tech's D would once again rise to the occasion and force a longer FG than Va Tech was comfortable kicking. After calling 3 straight timeouts the Va Tech kicker was officially iced and missed. On to overtime. 

Va Tech got the ball first to begin overtime and threatened to score almost immediately. But on 3rd and Goal Logan Thomas made his first mistake of the 2nd half and threw an INT straight to the Cover 2 zone. 

Ga Tech would kick the game winning FG on 3rd down. Ball Game.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:20 pm
truth_n_babylon wrote:Georgia Tech hangs on to win vs Va Tech 20-17 in OT.

The Yellow Jackets took a 10-0 lead and a strong defensive performance into halftime. Ga Tech made grew the lead to 17-3 late in the 3rd quarter off a wild Synjyn Days 5 yard TD run where everyone on the Hokie Defense thought he was down but in fact Days was laying on top of his blockers. He would regain his footing and then plunge into the endzone. The highlight is on the dynasty wire.

Va Tech would storm back of course. Va Tech went to score 14 unanswered points to tie the game with 1:30 left in the game. Ga Tech's ensuing drive ended in a quick 3 & out. 

The Hokies of course drove down into field goal range but Ga Tech's D would once again rise to the occasion and force a longer FG than Va Tech was comfortable kicking. After calling 3 straight timeouts the Va Tech kicker was officially iced and missed. On to overtime. 

Va Tech got the ball first to begin overtime and threatened to score almost immediately. But on 3rd and Goal Logan Thomas made his first mistake of the 2nd half and threw an INT straight to the Cover 2 zone. 

Ga Tech would kick the game winning FG on 3rd down. Ball Game.
Wow, the user games have been intense this year.  Big win.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum