American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start of Dynasty

+6
Degenerate57
MoneyNades
the_EDJ
BK_Buckeye
truth_n_babylon
Steel Pitt
10 posters
Go down

When should we start the Dynasty?

5 - 63%
3 - 37%

Total Votes: 8

Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Start of Dynasty Empty Start of Dynasty

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:09 pm
Wassup fellas.  I wanted to get the league's thoughts on when we should realistically start the Dynasty.  In past years we've basically started around the middle-end of August as we waited on certain factors:

- A named roster set.
- The league to fill up.
- A decent slider set.
- The first patch from EA.

In years past, we've waited up to 4 weeks to get a named roster set.  Also, and probably the main talking point/deciding factor is that EA has usually put out a statement within the first two weeks as to when the first patch would be released and what it would include and that usually happens around mid-end of August.

This year, however, things have moved a little faster.  It feels like this game has been out for a while but its only been 8 days, lol.  The league is now full (although we still have to wait on some individuals to pick up the game), a named roster file has been completed by the Operation Sports guys (I believe they are putting the finishing touches on some revisions/corrections) and we are in the process of testing sliders now (and the early comments makes it seem like we're close).

The big issue is the patch update from EA.  Unless I've missed something, we haven't heard anything from EA regarding when the patch is expected and what it will be correcting.  I haven't heard of any glaring bugs/glitches that would keep us from starting (although I haven't been particularly looking for them).  The one thing that would discourage me is if EA released a patch that would require you to restart the Dynasty, as I believe happened in 2011 or 2012 (but we waited for the patch so it didn't effect us).

So the questions is:

With no word from EA, do we start the Dynasty within the next week or two as I figure everyone should have the game by then and we should come to an agreement on a slider set that's good enough to start with?

or

Do we wait for word from EA on a potential first patch knowing it could effect the Dynasty but not knowing when it is coming out or whether a Dynasty do over would even be necessary?
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Start of Dynasty Empty Re: Start of Dynasty

Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:40 am
I'm ready for this to kick off now. I don't know who my team will be yet however. If there is a major patch released later then no biggie.we just take the time to retweak sliders
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:22 am
I would suggest waiting another 2 weeks (first weekend in August), if we still havent heard anything about a patch we can decide then...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:27 am
BK_Buckeye wrote:I would suggest waiting another 2 weeks (first weekend in August), if we still havent heard anything about a patch we can decide then...

That may be the way to go considering the voting is split at 2 votes a piece.  Maybe we just wait another two weeks and revisit the issue then.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 am
I just don't have the confidence that an EA patch won't break an existing Dynasty. I'm fine with doing a tourney or something like last year. Maybe we could even finish one. ;-)
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 pm
Im down for whatever everyone wants dosent bother me either way.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 am
FYI, we are currently at the max of 12 users whenever we decide to start the Dynasty.  Everyone still has time to finalize their team choice but as it stands right now it looks like so:

B1G: 5
PAC12: 3
ACC: 1
Independent: 1
Undecided: 2

PSN Name (School)
01.) SteelPitt16 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
02.) Bk_Buckeye (Ohio State Buckeyes)
03.) Animosity (Illinois Fighting Illini)
04.) Zach561 (USC Trojans)
05.) Truth_n_Babylon (undecided)
06.) OV4U2 (Notre Dame Fighting Irish)
07.) EDJ (Nebraska Cornhuskers)
08.) illmatic216 (Penn State Nittany Lions)
09.) Ken (UCLA Bruins)
10.) Nickjl87 (Miami Hurricanes)
11.) Degenerate57 (Stanford Cardinal)
12.) SquirrelHunter (undecided)
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:33 am
As we wait for the Dynasty to start, its more likely that the roster file we use will include more up to date roster changes ... sorry Buckeye,

Report: RB Carlos Hyde dismissed

Link to Story
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 am
Steel Pitt wrote:As we wait for the Dynasty to start, its more likely that the roster file we use will include more up to date roster changes ... sorry Buckeye,

Report: RB Carlos Hyde dismissed

Link to Story

It looks like there may be more to the story (as in she may be lying), however this behavior is unacceptable and if it turns out he did raise a hand to a woman at 2am outside a bar he should be kicked off the team...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:47 pm
Updated

B1G: 5
PAC12: 3
ACC: 2
Independent: 1
Undecided: 1

PSN Name (School)
01.) SteelPitt16 (Iowa Hawkeyes)
02.) Bk_Buckeye (Ohio State Buckeyes)
03.) Animosity (Illinois Fighting Illini)
04.) Zach561 (USC Trojans)
05.) Truth_n_Babylon (Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets)
06.) OV4U2 (Notre Dame Fighting Irish)
07.) EDJ (Nebraska Cornhuskers)
08.) illmatic216 (Penn State Nittany Lions)
09.) Ken (UCLA Bruins)
10.) Nickjl87 (Miami Hurricanes)
11.) Degenerate57 (Stanford Cardinal)
12.) SquirrelHunter (undecided)
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:04 am
With August here I wanted to see where everyone was now in terms of starting the Dynasty.  Is everyone still interested in playing?  I still haven't heard any word of a Patch (if anyone else has please let me know). 

Do you guys want to start within the next week or should we give it another week or two for word from EA on a potential patch?

Does everyone have the game by now?
Degenerate57
Degenerate57
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 66
Swagger : 0
Fave NCAA Team : Wisconsin

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:12 pm
I'm good whenever. I am changing to the  Oregon Ducks though.
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:22 pm
i'm getting the game tomorrow. Clemson or MSU?
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:48 pm
I am picking it up this weekend, either tomorrow or Saturday!!! I am cool with whatever to be honest. Ready to see what my Nittany Lions can do!

Especially with a freshman QB bounce 

How many seasons did you guys get through last year?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 am
illmatic216 wrote:I am picking it up this weekend, either tomorrow or Saturday!!! I am cool with whatever to be honest. Ready to see what my Nittany Lions can do!

Especially with a freshman QB bounce 

How many seasons did you guys get through last year?

I believe we got through 3 season with a full member roster and the fourth season things died out, but we ended with about 3 months left in the NCAA13 season.  we could have gotten to 6 seasons but interested dwindle for most at the same point.

In NCAA12 I believe we got through 3 full seasons and could have gone 5 but the PSN shutdown killed us as we lost a month and lots of interest.

I would say if we start by the end of August we can get at least 3 full seasons and that usually gets us to the end of the real football season (mid-late February) and then it depends on whether guys remain interested.  I'm hoping we can maintain interest through July (and that goes for me too as I was one of those that fell off around season 4).  Unfortunately a lot of it depends on others because the Dynasty just isn't as exciting when there is only 4-5 teams as compared to 10-12.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:39 pm
I know I haven't accepted the Test Dynasty, but I'm still around and ready to go anytime.
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:05 pm
Im down to start whenever, it really doesn't matter
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:26 pm
Ready to start now
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:33 pm
Wassup fellas.  Ok, so I think we are good on rosters, we are good on sliders and we have a full league.  The only thing we were waiting for was word from EA on a potential patch but there hasn't even been a hint or sniff of information regarding this so I don't think we should wait too much longer waiting for something that we have no idea when it will come.

With that said, I will create the Dynasty on Wednesday, August 7 and send out invites to everyone.  Apparently, not everyone has the game yet but will be doing so shortly, so that should give everyone time to get the game. 

I will then advance to Week 1 on the morning of Saturday, August 10.  That will give everyone 3 days to accept the invite and do their pre-season stuff.  it will also give anyone who doesn't have the game by Wednesday 3 more days to pick it up.

If for some reason EA releases word on a patch between now and then we can revisit this at that time.

Let's get this started.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum