American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3: Open

+5
King_Hippo72
Bpage93
PRE_-CISION-_
Talk_of_NY
illmatic717
9 posters
Go down
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Week 3: Open Empty Week 3: Open

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Week 3: Open

Closed: Friday: 8PM est

Another great week guys. Only 2 games went unplayed. Hardly any gameplay complaints, which is terrific! bounce

Some things you should know Exclamation :

-I fell asleep and didn't advance last night. I will give until Friday evening to play Week 3 games. We may advance early, we may advance late. Everyone try to get your games in. I won't advance until I've contacted all of those who still have to play and see if they are scheduled to get their game in.

-Use texting to schedule games. It looked to me like the games that weren't played last week were because they couldn't get ahold of each other. Utilize texting, it is the best way to get ahold of almost anyone.

-Pass rush is being slightly altered. It is going up 5 notches this week to see if there is an difference noticeable. I've gotten a lot of complaints about lack of pass rush, so we will see how this goes.

-Quarters are staying at 6 minutes for the rest of the season Smile

-For those of you who do SportsCenter postings, it'd be a really good idea to reply in the Weekly topics with a link to your recap. People sometimes forget about the sportscenter section, and this will make sure your work gets noticed.

-CMON MAN will begin after week 4. It is a fun segment I do. If anyone has a fun idea for a segment, run the idea for me and lets do it!! Precision also brought up power rankings. Since we aren't using LeagueManager, the power rankings aren't posted for us Sad If anyone wants to take a little time to do them, that'd be great! Even if it's every couple of weeks.

Last edited by illmatic216 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 134
Swagger : 2
LocationBK

Week 3: Open Empty Re: Week 3: Open

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:03 pm
Question about the 6 mins....will that be the cause if EA fixes accelerated clock for CC.......I prefer it off if we're gonna do 6 mins. It felt good not to rushed or long.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:09 pm
Talk_of_NY wrote:Question about the 6 mins....will that be the cause if EA fixes accelerated clock for CC.......I prefer it off if we're gonna do 6 mins. It felt good not to rushed or long.

I'm gonna keep it regardless of EA fixing accelerated clock. I agree with you, it feels like a good quarter length. The scores this week were much more reasonable compared to Week 1. With accelerated clock, you can run a whole quarter with a long drive, especially with teams who prefer to run the rock. Unless there's major complaints from a bunch of people, I am comfortable keeping it at 6 minutes with no accelerated clock.
Talk_of_NY
Talk_of_NY
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 134
Swagger : 2
LocationBK

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:12 pm
Agree with everything you said
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 241
Swagger : 3
LocationPennslyvania
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Lions

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 pm
Oh god if I got sacked 6 times last week and you uped the pass rush
Bpage93
Bpage93
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 53
Swagger : 0
LocationBethpage
Fave NFL Team : Patriots
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm
lolz
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 pm
Yeah I think I had 5 sacks against the Browns with Dunlap getting 3 and rarely blitzed, so I saw no problem there.
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 241
Swagger : 3
LocationPennslyvania
Fave NFL Team : St Louis Rams
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Lions

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm
Rams 42 - Bears 14

Defensive player of the year Janoris Jenkins? 6int, 2td on the season
Bpage93
Bpage93
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBethpage

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 pm
Pats Beat Ravens 56-21 , BRADY FOR MVP/ 7TDs in one GAME!.
GGs wayer , ur a beast at running much respect bro
Mr_Mojo_Risin84
Mr_Mojo_Risin84
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 35
Swagger : 1
LocationBuffalo, New York

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:08 pm
Why would Brady still be in the game to throw 7TDS? This is a sim league isn't it?
Bpage93
Bpage93
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBethpage

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:12 pm
Not sure , geuss Bill Bellichck was being greedy.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:39 am
The Comeback!!! - San Francisco @ Minnesota

The Vikings score a come from behind victory over the San Francisco 49ers in a game of epic proportion. The Minnesota Vikings didn't start showing any signs of strength & determination until late in the 3rd quarter. That's right! After seventeen minutes and twenty-two seconds, the Vikings put three points on the board(14-3 49ers). After very stout defensive play by both teams, the Vikings would finally make it an eight point game 1:52 to go in the 4th. Knowing they were down eight the Vikings decided to take their chances for a second straight week & attempt the onside kick(success). Minnesota would then take advantage as they knew this was their one and only shot at forcing overtime. After a shaky start all-star HB Adrian Peterson would gather the troops & lead the team down the field on what was a ninety second drive for 60yds & the TD(Peterson on a 3yd run). 2 point conversion and we have a tie game with just twenty seconds left in regulation.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationElko, Minnesota

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:04 am
"No way this isn't going into overtime!" - Coach Larson of the Minnesota Vikings

The 49ers weren't just going to give in that easily. QB Alex Smith from the 49ers own 21 yard line finds TE Vernon Davis for a 79 yard touchdown and the lead!!! Extra point attempt is GOOD!!! We now have a 7pt game & this one is all but over!

"Oh my ****ing god! Are you ****ing kidding me!" - Coach Larson after the touchdown leaving Minnesota with just 7 seconds in regulation with a 7 point deficit to overcome.

The 49ers decide to kick it deep to HB Jordan Todman who then kneels it in the endzone wasting 0 seconds. With one timeout left, Vikings QB Christian Ponder takes a shot down the center of the field connecting with WR Stephen Burton for 30yds. Time out called by MN, one second remaining in regulation. Just like before the half, the Vikings called for a hail mary attempt(Ponder was sacked the 1st time around *gulps*).
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationElko, Minnesota

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:21 am
The ball is snapped, Ponder drops back & then moves up in the pocket. He then unleashes a bomb which sails just over 50 yards & into the hands of... Vikings WR Jerome Simpson and this one's going into overtime!

49ers lose the coin toss and Minnesota elects to receive. The opening drive in overtime ends in a 3 & out. Out comes the 49ers offense lead by QB Alex Smith who after a couple plays attempts a pass to Vikings former WR Randy Moss. Too bad for Smith & Moss, Vikings CB Antoine Winfield sniffed this one out & snags an interception! Vikings ball in enemy territory. Ponder finds a couple open receivers on short to medium passes. Not taking any chances, Minnesota calls a run play to get to the center to give rookie kicker Blair Walsh a straight 37 yard FG shot & it, is, GOOD!!!

Final: Vikings 24 - 49ers 21

Player of the game
- Vikings WR Jerome Simpson 5 catches for 92 yards & a TD
PhilliesSteve
PhilliesSteve
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 277
LocationPhiladelphia, PA
Fave NFL Team : 49ers, Eagles
Fave NCAA Team : n/a

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:54 am
Unbelievable game, Demon. Damn I'm terrible. Haha can't believe I lost. So much had to go right for you to win. Akers missed that 55 yard FG by INCHES with about 3 minutes left that may have all but sealed the game.

One of the top 5 games I've probably ever played. Tough, tough loss for the 49ers.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationElko, Minnesota

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:15 pm
You're not kidding Steve. So much had to go right for me & luckily for me it did. You had the game in the bag & felt as though I didn't even have a chance. That is until I got that onside kick. You're an unbelievable opponent. I can only hope that we have many more games as exciting as the one played yesterday. Probably the best game I've taken part in.

Good game & good luck with the rest of your season PhillesSteve!
Endless_Reverie
Endless_Reverie
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 198
Locationvirginia

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 am
epic comeback! Sounds like one for the ages.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum