American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 5: Week 15 Open Empty Season 5: Week 15 Open

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 pm
Season 5: Week 15

Four fish in two days is rough...:

Hey chaps.  While I was out freezing my ass off in the rains of South Dakota trying to catch some fish, Demon was doing an amazing job holding down fort. It was only 3 days, but hey, every bit of help is more than welcome to keep this ship on course.  Demon mentioned the league dying down in his advance post, and he's absolutely right.  I know I'm feeling that wall myself, but I have a couple ideas to explore this offseason to liven things up a bit perhaps. I'll jostle them around in my a head a bit, and get your input on them later.

Pursuit of Perfection: Panthers
*Insert classic Simpsons Old man yells at Cloud* GIF.  Come on Cape, slip up, it will be fun. Wink  

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Packers vs Lions*Jets vs Jaguars
Bills vs ChargersPanthers vs Falcons
49ers* vs Seahawks
Rams vs Bears
Vikings* vs Giants
Colts* vs Titans
* Player on Auto-Pilot

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Game of the Week
  VS      
We have a battle of backup QBs on our hands.  And the Bills are still chasing the Jets, and need a win to keep pace. The Jets face the Jaguars, giving Grimm hope that he can gain ground on them.  The Chargers are on the outside looking in, as they trail the Titans, Bills, and Broncos in the WIldcard chase. But a win here could go a long way.  Both teams bring contrasting defenses. The Bills play coverage and rely on the offense to make mistakes. The Chargers bring pressure hoping to force the offense to make mistakes.  On offense, there's not to write home about. The book has been written on the Bills, they can't throw deep, they love the corner routes, and the sweeping outside Powers/Counters from their oft used Bunch formation. Their QB is also known to run options to keep the defense off balance, but will they do that with backup QB Tony Romo covering for the injured Pittman? The Chargers are missing stud QB Skylar Murray. Can backup Kirk Cousins get enough production from Carlos Hyde on the ground to free up Keenan Allen and Jeremy Maclin?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 5: Week 15 Open Empty Re: Season 5: Week 15 Open

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:37 pm
Bears roll the always pesky Rams. Their defense is ridiculous! But thankfully, my defense stepped up in even bigger ways, including three picks, and a key forced fumble. CB Kyle Fuller got a pick six. The only lowlight was missing a fricking XP. Hit the stick, twice and the game didn't register at all. So the ball goes booming towards the pylon at the back of the end zone. It looks like Graham Gano is gonna best Robbie Gould once again. SMH.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:35 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Jaguars escape with a win at home over the Jets. With an offense filled with weapons, poor playcalling leads to many games with minimal yards gained throughout the season. Luckily defense has been anything but an issue this season. Against the Jets, Jacksonville's D gave up plenty of yards and three touchdowns but, they also showed us a nice little flashback to the days of old picking up 4 takeaways. Three of those takeaways being interceptions. Team Owner Demon X just wonders where that has been all season long.

TE Wilson Pederson picked up 7 receptions and a TD and WR Marshall nabbed just over 100yds and a TD himself. It was the FG early on though that allowed the team to come away with a victory. Jaguars 24 Jets 21
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:57 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
This Game-Of-The-Week matchup featured two teams both racing to clinch one of the wildcard playoff spots in the AFC. Bills lose a very close game in the final minutes against the Chargers, 7-21. Down by only a touchdown, the Bills' long drive during the 4th was stalled by a well-timed pick six, with only 3 minutes remaining. Backup QB Tony Romo, powered the offense for the first three quarters, making crisp passes until he was injured in the second half, leaving punter, Brandon Fields, as the QB for a few snaps. The Bills' running game was shut down, with their star running back Marlin Butler, gaining only 69 yards on 19 carries. The Chargers O-Line and Carlos Hyde seemed unstoppable in the beginning and end of the game, getting an early touchdown in the first drive. The passing game for the Chargers did not work in their favor this game, QB Cousins throwing only for 94 yards and 2 interceptions. The next two weeks are must win games for both the Bills and Chargers, as they sit with a record of 8-5-1 and 8-6 respectively. The Bills face a very tough schedule against the Packers and Jets for their last games.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:19 pm
GrimmAtLaw wrote:Backup QB Tony Romo, powered the offense for the first three quarters, making crisp passes until he was injured in the second half, leaving punter, Brandon Fields, as the QB for a few snaps.
Punter required to take over as QB. That is never good. Ha Sorry Grimm.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 pm
Romo came back after a few snaps. Surprisingly, despite having MUCH lower short and medium passes, Romo feels a lot more accurate (and fucks up less) than my QB1 (who is injured right now). I think confidence really messes up QB accuracy more than the numbers show (or could be a factor of awareness too). On paper, Romo is only 53 overall, so I can't figure out why.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum