American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 5 Offseason Empty Season 5 Offseason

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:39 am
Here is the schedule I plan to follow. After 7 hours, I got 3 responses tonights. It's hard enough to run this league as it is, but when you don't fucking respond, people have no room to bitch when they're not around for advances. I pm'ed everyone via the forum and PSN. Let's get a move-on.

Re-sign Players
Runs until 03/06/15 - 11:00 pm EST 1:00 am EST

Free Agency Wave 1
Runs from 03/06/15 - 1:00 am EST to 03/06/15 - 8 pm EST

Free Agency Wave 2
Runs from 03/06/15 - 8:00 pm EST to 03/07/15 - 12:00 pm EST

Free Agency Wave 3
Runs from 03/07/15 - 12:00 pm EST to 03/07/15 - 11:00 pm EST

Draft Prep
Runs from 03/07/15 - 11:00 pm EST to Draft

Draft
Sunday: 03/08/15 - 4:30 pm EST.

Open Free Agency
Due to Filirican missing the draft, free agency won't be open until 03/08/15 at 9 pm EST. No player signings after the draft until then.

Pre-Season: 24 hour advances

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 11 times in total
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Season 5 Offseason Empty Re: Season 5 Offseason

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 am
The Chicago Bears would like to announce their intentions to unveil a 3-4 defense for the following season.  This will be the first time in team history that the Bears employ a 3-4 look, as opposed to the staple 4-3 and the historic 4-6.

The personnel is currently under intense scrutiny. But if all goes well, a defensive unit that ranked in the top 10 this season (8th) will look wildly different. Expected Depth Chart
New Pos

Name

Old Pos

Other Notes
LDE

N. Suh

DT

A pass rushing DT in a 4-3, he's similar to JJ Watt at 3-4 DE.
DT

S. Paea

DT

A 4-3 NT, he fits right at home at 3-4 NT. Might be considered a bit undersized for 3-4 NT. But is strong enough to man the position.
RDE

E. Ferguson

DT

Can sit inside or out. Likely a position to fill later.
LOLB

F. Kearse

LOLB

Also fits inside at MLB. But is a big hitter coming off the edge once his pass rush develops.
MLB1

D. Stumph

ROLB

Weakside 4-3 LBs are prime candidates to slide inside on a 3-4 defense.
MLB2

J. Bostic

MLB

ROLB

S. Harrison

DE

The rookie DE is too undersized to remain at DE in a 3-4. He'll have to move outside.
CB1

K. Fuller

CB

CB2

C. Culliver

CB

CB3

P. Hood

CB

FS

B. Vereen

FS

SS

K. Gooden

SS

-----Bench --------
DE/DT

W Sutton

DT

Same type of player as Ferguson. Both players are really interchangeable.
OLB

J Lamb

DE

If he sticks on the roster, he moves outside. Likely cut.
OLB

C Washington

DE

If he sticks on the roster, he moves to OLB. Played 3-4 OLB in college.
OLB

J Peters

OLB

Another big hitter on the outside. Can play either OLB or MLB.
MLB

H McGrath

MLB

DE

L Houston

DE

Houston fits either DE spot regardless of scheme. Can even play DT in a 4-3 since he's 300 lbs. Likely hitting FA market due to contract being up.
SS

C Tillman

SS

The 37 year old needs to retire. He's costing me too much money!
I don't know if I'll be moving actual player positions, like DE to OLB. Or just set them that way in my depth chart to preserve their ratings. If I don't move them, they'd still be decent players for other teams at their original positions.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:22 am
Player Re-signings are live.
REMINDER 1: Franchise Tag --- 1/2 the tag hit comes from funds, other half from cap space. Spend wisely. Low 80 rated players are rarely worth the tag...

REMINDER 2: Contracts --- Signing Bonuses get paid up front from your funds. The cap hit is then spread out with the salary over the years of the deal. Again, spend wisely. Especially if you're in a small market, or have a less than great fanbase supporting the team. New York and Chicago have it easy. Jacksonville and Minnesota do not.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:36 am
The first wave of player retirements has come across the wire. Keep in mind that players can retire at a moments notice any time between now and the preseason. In Madden 25 or 13, Lance Briggs retired after the draft, completely screwing me over.

*User teams in Bold.

PosNameTeamEvent
QB
Ben Roethlisber
Chargers
Retired
QB
Drew Brees
Eagles
Retired
QB
Jay Cutler
Lions
Retired
RB
Ahmad Bradshaw
Bills
Retired
RBDaniel ThomasBroncosRetired
RB
Jonathan Stewart
Panthers
Retired
RBDemarco MurrayTitansRetired
FB
Will Tukuafu
Buccaneers
Retired
WRRoddy WhiteRavensRetired
TE
Benjamin Watson
Jaguars
Retired
LG
Richie Incognito
Bills
Retired
LG
Rob Sims
Chargers
Retired
C
Kyle Cook
Jaguars
Retired
LE
Red Bryant
Jaguars
Retired
RE
Justin Smith
Raiders
Retired
SS
Adrian Wilson
Colts
Retired

QBCarson PalmerFARetired
QBTarvaris JacksonFARetired
RBAntone SmithFARetired
RBBoobie DixonFARetired
RBDelone CarterFARetired
RBJoique BellFARetired
RBLegarrette BlountFARetired
RBMike GoodsonFARetired
RBRashad JenningsFARetired
RBToby GerhartFARetired
RBWilliam PowellFARetired
FBJackie BattleFARetired
WRJason AvantFARetired
WRJosh CribbsFARetired
WRNate WashingtonFARetired
TEJacob TammeFARetired
TEJohn CarlsonFARetired
TEKellen WinslowFARetired
LTSam BakerFARetired
LGOniel CousinsFARetired
CJoe BergerFARetired
CManny RamirezFARetired
CScott WellsFARetired
RGDan ConnollyFARetired
RGJermoey ClaryFARetired
RGMike BrisielFARetired
RGPhilip BlakeFARetired
RTDavid StewartFARetired
CBAsante SamuelFARetired
CBDeangelo HallFARetired
CBTerence NewmanFARetired
LEAdam CarrikerFARetired
LECorey WoottonFARetired
LERob NinkovichFARetired
REAnthony SpencerFARetired
REStephen BowenFARetired
ROLBChad GreenwayFARetired
ROLBMarvin MitchellFARetired
ROLBQuentin GrovesFARetired
FSMichael HuffFARetired
KBilly CundiffFARetired
KJosh BrownFARetired
KNick NovakFARetired
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 am
Ken is asking for a 2 hour extension to the resigning period. If the league is ok with it, it's granted. But if it impacts multiple people being unable to put a bid in tonight, I can't hold up advance. Please let me know if you're ok with it.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:59 am
I have a ton of important players leaving and I don't have the funds to resign them. I need this to at least tag one of my stars. If I can't at least do that then I'm truly lost. Please find it in your hearts to grant this extension.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:41 pm
I'm fine with it. I still think the team funds system is flawed and heavily favors big market teams this year. Franchise tag is the only way to get a FA pickup in the off-season. I sympathize with Ken.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 pm
Are you in the same situation? It's like this for me every year. One year I got free agents was cause the sim got be $17 mil in funds. It's kind of taken the fun out of it for me, but I'll keep plugging along.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBrooklyn

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:18 pm
Yes. While some on here may disagree with me, the only people who DON'T think the current team funds system is broken (or imbalanced, in the least strict sense of the word, for that matter) are people who've played connected franchise on big market teams. I've looked through MANY threads, and currently the best way to reach POSITIVE funds for small market teams is to cut almost everyone on your team with no penalty. As a result, that makes winning games even tougher, resulting in lower ticket sales. And forget playoffs, you only get 50% of the profits made from each playoff game (the opposing team gets 50% of the rest).

Anyone can debate as much as they'd like, but if you have 97 pages on a forum dedicated to an "alleged imbalance" it's probably imbalanced: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/758243-cant-resign-players-due-lack-available-funds-11.html

I'd recommend coach mode, because at the very least, you still have cap space involved, but don't need to worry about the broken revenue system. Of course that isn't my call to make and I'm fine working with the pieces I have. /rant over
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:53 pm
I think winning is the biggest factor. I probably have the smallest market. I went 4-12 Season 1 & had negative money and couldnt make any moves. Playoffs 2 of the next 3 years & now I have 30+M. And I wasted probably $50-75M on stadium upgrades
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:03 pm
GrimmAtLaw wrote:I'm fine with it. I still think the team funds system is flawed and heavily favors big market teams this year. Franchise tag is the only way to get a FA pickup in the off-season. I sympathize with Ken.

Ken wrote:Are you in the same situation? It's like this for me every year. One year I got free agents was cause the sim got be $17 mil in funds. It's kind of taken the fun out of it for me, but I'll keep plugging along.

GrimmAtLaw wrote:Anyone can debate as much as they'd like, but if you have 97 pages on a forum dedicated to an "alleged imbalance" it's probably imbalanced: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/758243-cant-resign-players-due-lack-available-funds-11.html
We do go through this every season.  97 pages from an internet forum where positivity is hardly seen and all people do is bitch because things aren't handed to them.  If I was a betting man, most of those whiners are kiddos who don't understand handling money.  The system is less flawed then you make it out to be. It could definitely be documented better and offer more contract types.  Losing to the CPU is rough and doesn't do your fan support any favors. Spamming the same plays and only targeting one player over and over (Sammy Watkins) isn't going to help you win any games either thanks to the games adaptive AI that learns your trends. As we've advised in the past, run those tutorial sessions to master reading a defense quicker.

The current cap system punishes bad behaviors, and rewards careful fiscal management. Draft picks are golden to keep salary cap numbers down. Franchise tagging a 83 overall player is foolish (Ladarius Green comes to mind Ken) when a late draft pick with 6 weeks of minor gameplan development makes them just as serviceable.  Ken, if I were you, I'd strongly consider not giving players like Hyde a tag unless they're 90+ overall.

You say small market teams can't sign players Grimm, but the CPU Bills signed at least 4 stud players in the past few seasons before you took over. Through 5 seasons, my big market team has signed 4 major deals.

Also, building a stadium your first year in the league with no money built up was poorly thought out Grimm. You shot yourself in the foot right out of the gate. Nike seems to do fine in a terrible Tampa market. Posky does fine in Detroit. Green Bay has hardcore fans, but their market is tiny. Yet they make due.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBrooklyn

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:39 pm
I'm not here to argue, but to join in solidarity with the funds problem both Ken and I are facing. Whether we agree that it's an unfair system, I just want the ability to fairly sign players like any real-life NFL team. This is a SIM league, after all. Cap space is almost an afterthought now.

This issue has made the game less fun, yet Ken and I are still in the league, so I don't believe criticizing us is the best way to handle our frustrations. We're just venting, it's not an attack on anyone else on the board. If you have a problem with that, let me know, and I'll refrain from making comments about the game in the future.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:46 pm
I should shut up now cause the Green tagging was pretty stupid in hindsight lol.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:45 pm
GrimmAtLaw wrote:I'm not here to argue, but to join in solidarity with the funds problem both Ken and I are facing. Whether we agree that it's an unfair system, I just want the ability to fairly sign players like any real-life NFL team. This is a SIM league, after all. Cap space is almost an afterthought now.

This issue has made the game less fun, yet Ken and I are still in the league, so I don't believe criticizing us is the best way to handle our frustrations. We're just venting, it's not an attack on anyone else on the board. If you have a problem with that, let me know, and I'll refrain from making comments about the game in the future.
You read my words with a tone of voice in mind that makes you believe I'm arguing and attacking you. Your pre-conceived notions make you defensive.  Read my words in a neutral tone in your mind and accept that I offered discussion points.

Cap space is not an afterthought by any stretch of the defintion in this league or in the real life NFL. The Bears have 20+ million in cap space and are still trying to shed cap hits by shopping Marshall.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBrooklyn

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:29 pm
Yeah you're right. Sorry for being defensive. I let down the organization and am just frustrated. Team deserves at least one playoff run before this year's league ends. Now only if my team can get a real McCoy equivalent.
KeiraKnightley
KeiraKnightley
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 39
Swagger : 2
LocationOakland, Cali
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Texas Longhorns & Cal Bears

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:29 pm
I'm doing fine on funds with my Oakland Raiders.

My vote is to let him get his extension though.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:15 pm
The Offseason schedule above is accurate as of 11:15 PM CST. Make your plans now, I've added a restriction to the free-for-all signings after the draft.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:47 pm
Free agency Wave 1 is now open.

Big names in free agency (90+ Ovr):
RB Jamaal Charles
DE Greg Hardy
WR Brandon Marshall
QB Peyton Fucking Manning (out of retirement)
DT Aaron Donald (Rams moved him to 3-4 DE)
DE Cameron Wake
FS Glover Quin
SS Charles Tillman
CB Tim Jennings
LT Joe Thomas
CB Sean Smith
MLB Stephen Tulloch
FB Jerome Felton
LT Jake Matthews
CB Ladarius Webb
CB Alterraun Verner
CB Keenan Lewis
K Dan Carpenter
SS Antrel Rolle
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:21 pm
Free Agent Signings:
Big names and user signings
Ratings are based on my scheme setup, so take those with a grain of salt.

RBCarlos Hyde84 OvrChargers
RBLatavius Murray67 OvrRaiders
FBErik Lorig88 OvrCardinals
CAlex Mack85 OvrVikings
DEDemarcus Lawrence77 OvrRaiders
DTRa'Shede Hageman78 OvrVikings
OLBThomas Davis72 OvrPanthers
CBAlterraun Verner91 OvrJets
KGraham Gano85 OvrPanthers
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:57 pm
I just lost 750 scouting points because I was going to quick and the game had to reconnect to the Madden servers for a split second. Fuck!

Go slow when scouting. I hit X, right, X. And the game hiccupped and processed it as X, X. At least I know the exact shitty strength rating of an offense lineman now. Rolling Eyes
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:15 am
Wave 2 Signings

QBMatt Barkley
Packers
QBKirk Cousins
Chargers
QBJimmy Garoppolo
Chargers
RBDe'Anthony Thomas
Raiders
FBHenry Hynoski
Cowboys
WRPercy Harvin
Jets
TEGreg Olsen
Panthers
TELarry Donnell
Packers
TEGavin Escobar
Raiders
LGAmini Silatolu
Panthers
RTJustin Pugh
Saints
DEMario Williams
Panthers
DEStephon Tuitt
Bears
DEBilly Winn
Panthers
LEJoe Kruger
Chargers
LOLBTerrell Suggs
Packers
ROLBJordan Tripp
Raiders
ROLBDon’t'a Hightower
Browns
ROLBWill Smith
Titans
ROLBBruce Carter
Raiders
MLBMax Bullogh
Titans
CBBrandon Flowers
Texans
CBNick Mangold
Packers
CBJosh Norman
Panthers
SSAaron Williams
Vikings
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:38 pm
Final wave of signings. I started to include big names, but gave up and only added user signings mid-way through.  Congrats to some of you. Peyton Manning to the Jags...look out AFC South.

QBChristian Ponder
Giants
QBPeyton Manning
Jaguars
RBJonathan Dwyer
Colts
RBCJ Spiller
Jets
FBJorvorskie Lane
Steelers
WRFerrell Cobb
Bills
WRBrandin Cooks
49ers
WRBrandon Marshall
Jaguars
WRDoug Baldwin
Saints
WRDwayne Bowe
Texans
WRAntonio Brown
Vikings
LTJermon Bushrod
Browns
LTJake Matthews
Cardinals
LTEugene Monroe
Jaguars
LTKing Dunlap
Packers
LTByron Bell
Panthers
LGAndry Levitre
Giants
LGLaurent Duvernay-TardifRaiders
LGJoel Bitonio
Raiders
CCorey Linsley
Cardinals
CWeston Richburg
Colts
RGJon Asamoah
Colts
RGDavin Joseph
Panthers
RGRoger Saffold
Vikings
RTEben Britton
Cardinals
LEJustin Tuck
Bills
LEGeorge Selvie
Jaguars
LEKareem Martin
Jaguars
REVinny Curry
Jaguars
REEzekiel Ansah
Vikings
DTBrandon Mebane
Colts
DTKyle Williams
Jaguars
DTBrandon Deaderick
Panthers
LOLBKevin Pierre-Louis
Raiders
MLBStephen Tulloch
Bills
ROLBDee Ford
Raiders
CBJustin Gilbert
Bears
CBDemetrius McCray
Colts
CBSam Shields
Giants
CBDarqueze Dennard
Raiders
CBAntoine Cason
Saints
FSAndrew Sendejo
Colts
FSWill Hill
Colts
FSJamarca Sanford
Jaguars
FSGlover Quin
Saints
SSCharles Tillman
Bears
SSPatrick Chung
Chargers
SSTony Jefferson
Jaguars
SSCalvin Pryor
Jets
KJosh Scobee
Buccaneers
KMike Nugent
Patriots
KAlex Henery
Eagles
PBrandon Fields
Bills
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:26 am
Pretty happy with the results of FA. Marshall might be slow but he will make an impact on my team especially since my current WRs need work.

Also, post draft, I request permission to officially move LE D. Hester to RE.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:32 pm
Damn didn't get any of the CBs I wanted. I'm on the market for a stud corner. Any available ?
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:06 pm
Nooooooooooo just dismissed scouting on accident
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:28 pm
Ken wrote:Damn didn't get any of the CBs I wanted. I'm on the market for a stud corner. Any available ?
Not a stud, but speedy Buster Skrine can be had.
Otherwise Pappas Hood as well.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:23 pm
It's impossible to sign/cut 18 guys before the rest of the league starts filling their rosters at the start of free agency. Going early and going on that kind of spending spree is ridiculous. While FA is open game, it should only supplement to fill the team you built via the initial free agent waves and drafts.  In lieu of a suspension you have two choices Filirican.

Option A: You must reverse every move you've made. That means releasing/signing the guys below. You are then banned from signing any free agents until week 4 of the pre-season. If you have an empty roster and can't play a game, you can sign the worst players available at the needed position and then cut them.

ReleaseSign
WRJarrett BrooksTENeiron Chaney
WRKadeem BurrelCRobb Redman
WRDarius RandallROLBJordan Tripp
WRMyles RileySSDmitri Slaughter
RENeiron ChaneyMLBKeifer Hayes
DTDonavan RilesLOLBJohnnie Hardy
CBNickell Robey
CBFemi Lowe
FSLaron Landry
SSCaddarreus Wade
SSDeone Bucannon
KJohn Potter

Option B: Dismissal from the league.

Please spare me the headache of having to reverse these moves for you.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:07 pm
After 3 days of not reversing the moves, Filirican has been booted from the league. I'll get the moves reversed shortly.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:15 pm
Anyone ever use the word thrilling to describe the pre-season? I want to right now.

Two kick return TDs in the first two games got me amped to start. While Posky was at work, I had to come from behind to force overtime against his CPU Lions and ultimately get the win in game three. Finally, the Texans were giving me one of those, fuck you, you can't win type games where the CPU just goes uber on you. Yet I put in 3rd stringer, 59 overall Logan Thomas and use a 22 point 4th quarter, including an onside kick conversion, to rally and win thanks to a TD pass with 4 seconds left.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum