American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Offseason Schedule Empty Offseason Schedule

Sun May 18, 2014 5:27 pm
We have advanced from the Coaching Carousel and have officially entered the offseason.  We are now in the Player Leaving portion.  Please note the schedule below because I will not be updating this thread every time we move from one phase to the next.

Players Leaving - Sunday (5/18) to Monday (5/19) 8PM EST
Recruiting - Monday (5/19) 8PM EST to Tuesday (5/20) 8PM EST
Position Changes - Tuesday (5/20) 8PM EST to Wednesday (5/21) 8AM EST
Player Cuts - Wednesday (5/21) 8AM EST to Wednesday (5/21) 8PM EST
Pre-Season - Wednesday (5/21) 8PM EST - Thursday (5/22) 8PM EST
Season 6 Begins - Thursday (5/22) 8PM EST

Last edited by Steel Pitt on Thu May 22, 2014 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Offseason Schedule Empty Re: Offseason Schedule

Sun May 18, 2014 5:30 pm
The first defection in the Oregon State program after Mike Riley's retirement, and my ultimate arrival, is Freshman WR Darren Patterson accepting mediocrity and leaving for Rice instead of earning his keep with a proven winner. Panzy.  Thankfully he was only slotted at 5th or 6th on the depth chart at WR entering Spring.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sun May 18, 2014 6:03 pm
Missouri loses a couple freshmen whining about playing time.

Meh.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 217
Swagger : 6
LocationTuscaloosa, AL
Fave NFL Team : New York Giants
Fave NCAA Team : Alabama, Arizona State

Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 pm
Alabama has no underclassmen declaring for the draft or transferring for playing time. That being said, we have 17 seniors who have exhausted their eligibility. We are losing a lot of talent, which is one of the reasons I stayed. Of the 17 seniors, 5 are projected 1st rounders, 5 are projected 2nd rounders, 1 3rd rounder, 1 4th rounder, and 1 7th rounder. And of the 4 who aren't projected to be drafted, one is 99ovr HB Tyren Jones, who lead the nation in rushing!

The cupboards aren't completely bare as we have had back-to-back #1 recruiting classes. Either way, next year is not going to a cakewalk.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
LocationTuscaloosa, AL

Sun May 18, 2014 6:39 pm
Coaching Staff Updates
Not surprisingly we lost both of our coordinators in the off-season. A by product of success, is losing those who helped you get to the top. Charlton Warren, our former DC, took the HC job at Oklahoma State. Butch Jones, our former OC, took the HC job at TCU. We wish them much success, just not against us!

Stepping into the fold we have Mark Banker, a Lvl 15 coach, as our new DC. He's coming to us from Oregon, after a disastrous tenure as the HC, where he went 0-12 last year. We hope that him being able to focus on just one side of the ball will work out better for him. 

Replacing Butch Jones as OC, is another offensive guru in David Cutliffe. Welcome to the team Mark and David.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun May 18, 2014 6:43 pm
Wow, Mark Banker was my DC for a year. Sloppy seconds I see. (^_-)
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
LocationTuscaloosa, AL

Sun May 18, 2014 6:50 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Wow, Mark Banker was my DC for a year. Sloppy seconds I see. (^_-)

I will gladly take your sloppy seconds as the DC he replaced was only level 9 when I hired him and only got up to level 11 I believe when he left.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 pm
Holy awesome. Former Arkansas Head Coach Bret Bielema (level FORTY-SEVEN) has joined the Missouri Tigers as a defensive coordinator. Had some fun maxing out his coach skill tree. Smile

Edit: the dude he replaced was a Lvl 10.  cheers
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon May 19, 2014 9:31 pm
Oregon State gets a first year Offensive Coordinator. First hurdle of the change. Weeeee...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue May 20, 2014 5:38 am
A couple of things I've noticed in the recruiting phase that are very interesting:

- Alabama and Missouri are #1 and #2 in recruiting (no surprise they wanted to stick with their teams, lol).  Congrats fellas.

- The Syracuse roster is very average and their recruiting class is even worse (currently #105).  It is filled with 9 commits no higher than 67 OVR and the offseason won't provide much help.  It should be a nice rebuilding project.  nice.

- Very surprisingly the worse recruiting class heading into the offseason at #126 is ..... LSU????  LSU has a total of just 3 commits (2 3* and a 1*).  What the heck is CPU Les Miles doing in Baton Rouge?  Also surprising is Oregon coming in at #117.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue May 20, 2014 5:29 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:- Very surprisingly the worse recruiting class heading into the offseason at #126 is ..... LSU????  LSU has a total of just 3 commits (2 3* and a 1*).  What the heck is CPU Les Miles doing in Baton Rouge?  Also surprising is Oregon coming in at #117.
I think I know what happened there.

That may be Nike's fault... Or mine, maybe, lol. He came back briefly as LSU to start this season, but quit when he got the coaching glitch. I booted him, but maybe I waited too late in the season. Either the game didn't hire anyone to replace him, or the person they brought in was so far behind at that point they couldn't catch up on the recruiting trail.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 pm
Same with Oregon which is lame cause they're supposed to be a perennial powerhouse.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue May 20, 2014 8:13 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:- Very surprisingly the worse recruiting class heading into the offseason at #126 is ..... LSU????  LSU has a total of just 3 commits (2 3* and a 1*).  What the heck is CPU Les Miles doing in Baton Rouge?  Also surprising is Oregon coming in at #117.
I think I know what happened there.

That may be Nike's fault... Or mine, maybe, lol. He came back briefly as LSU to start this season, but quit when he got the coaching glitch. I booted him, but maybe I waited too late in the season. Either the game didn't hire anyone to replace him, or the person they brought in was so far behind at that point they couldn't catch up on the recruiting trail.

Gotcha.  I thought that may be the issue with Oregon but I had no idea about LSU.  Looks like Oregon ended up with the #126 (last) ranked recruiting class in the country.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue May 20, 2014 9:11 pm
With limited time, I may have worked some last minute magic in finding a 81 Ovr JuCo WR with an offer from Alabama. I offered and he signed. The 6' 5" giant with okay speed is expected to start Day 1.
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationIndianapolis

Tue May 20, 2014 9:20 pm
So does anyone else end up with an army of receivers every year, or is that just one of the perks of being Missouri?

I swear -- I put zero effort into recruiting WRs.. maybe one major target per year, if that. And I have 13 on my roster, 10 of which are 70s or above.

Also, one of them was a "Possession" receiver with a catch rating of 58 .... yeah... he's going in the HB pile.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue May 20, 2014 10:38 pm
Yep, WR seems to be an abundant position. Offensive line, not so much.
dre1479
dre1479
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 14 BCS Champ
LocationTuscaloosa, AL

Tue May 20, 2014 10:52 pm
Split all my off-season recruiting points between the two players I really wanted and landed both of them. This class is going to solid 2-3 years down the line.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed May 21, 2014 8:18 am
dre1479 wrote:Split all my off-season recruiting points between the two players I really wanted and landed both of them. This class is going to solid 2-3 years down the line.

Same here.  The 6-7 players on the board that the CPU had recruited were all trash and it was too late in the game to find anyone worth recruiting that wasn't already leaning heavily towards a certain school.  I was able to find one worthy recruit (74OVR CB) so I ended up offering a scholarship an dallocating 12,200 points to him and landed him.  Judging from the post training results OVR, it looks like he'll be in the starting lineup on opening day.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed May 21, 2014 9:40 am
Scheduling

With only 5 members, we're pretty much going to be playing each other, however with some conference playing 9 conference games it will mean there's a good chance that you will only be able to fit 3 or the 4 other members on your schedule.  Since I just rejoined mid season I didn't really pay attention to who played who and where last season.

If you want, please post here the user you didn't get to play last season and I'll try to ake sure you get that game.  Also, if its your turn to be the home team in a certain user matchup, let me that as well.  Otherwise, I will just wing it.

Thanks.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu May 22, 2014 4:35 am
Sorry guys but it looks like I jumped the gun and advanced to the regular season Thursday morning instead of Thursday night.  I hope that doesn't effect anyone too adversely.

Again, I apologize for the mix up.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum