American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 2: SUPER BOWL Empty Season 2: SUPER BOWL

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:43 pm
Season 2: SUPER BOWL BroncosVsBears
All the toils and tribulations lead to this. A rematch between the Broncos and Bears. Last time the Broncos could not get forced off the field, and the offense could not get past the sticks. Will Chicago show up this time? Or is ChampJezusBailey destined to win his second AALoA Super Bowl title? Or will the_EDJ capture his first ever Super Bowl title?

Last time
the_EDJ wrote:
Season 2: SUPER BOWL 20090830__BroncosQBpressure083009~p1_200
Bears suffer a setback at the hands of the Denver Broncos. The beginning of the game had the makings of a defensive showcase. Neither offense found the end zone until midway through the 3rd quarter. The teams may have shared the most punts in game in AALoA this season. With five combined.

The game opened with field goals. Then special teams mimicked each other with back to back return TDs.  Demarius Thomas was uncoverable it seemed, and Ronnie Hillman bested Matt Forte statistically. On defense, Von Miller was unblockable, even when he wasn't on the field. The mere thought of a quick pass rush had Cutler's mental clock ticking rapidly. In several instances, Bears players dropped interceptions, or blatantly missed Josh Freeman who jitterbugged like Michael Vick at times.  Those missed plays really changed the scope of the game.

In the second half, on multiple key third and shorts, the Bears could not convert, and the Broncos didn't necessarily take advantage, but strung the clock out long enough that time played too much of a factor for Chicago to overcome.

Final Score
Broncos 34
Bears 24

This is also the last week you have to use your Scouting Points from the season. Once the game is over I will give you 24 hours notice. I doubt it comes down to it, but the game will be simmed if not played by Wednesday.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Season 2: SUPER BOWL Empty Re: Season 2: SUPER BOWL

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:56 pm
If anyone catches this post and wants to watch the Super Bowl matchup between Champ and myself, post here or send me a text. I'll give you a heads up on when the stream is live. You can watch it on twitch, linked in my signature below.
jacquito69
jacquito69
All-American
All-American
Yards : 311
Swagger : 4
LocationTampa , FL
Fave NFL Team : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Fave NCAA Team : South Florida Bulls
http://www.pangeamusic.net

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:48 pm
i wanted to check out twitch and how the whole streaming quality is, so yeah gimme a heads up.

btw I was excited to land a trainer with good rating for regression ! finally something going my way. Looking for a new coach did bring up one question though for me, how if at all does the level of a coach affect you as a club & owner or gameplay? I went mainly with the traits and different unlocked stuff rather then scheme or level.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:47 pm
stream should be live.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:00 am
Blue and orange confetti rains down in Arizona. But it's not for the Bears. Denver Broncos come from behind to win on some stupid, stupid moves by the Bears.
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Peyton's Adamantium Neck
Madden 11, 25 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 11, 25 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 320
Swagger : 4
LocationTexas
Fave NFL Team : Denver Broncos
Fave NCAA Team : UNT Mean Green

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:20 am
GG. I was so sure you were just going to pound the ball and burn clock as I had no answer for the simple dives and power runs out of shotgun/pistol all game but I got some lucky interceptions. I was surprised at how well my guys played 1 on 1 deep most of the second half as I tried and failed to blitz more to stop the run.

I am glad I won, I would have been peeved if I'd lost by 6 or less with those dumb redzone turnovers. The first one I threw it expecting Baybay to finally turn in on his slant but he kept going into the endzone even though he beat the press and no one was there but a defender. Then I hold for a FG but then make a bonehead throw right to Jennings or whoever on the next drive setting up a 20 yard TD drive and 10 point deficit. I was ready to throw in the towel when I was down 10 later and had a 2nd and 1 around the 25 or so. I run Hillman right and one of my linemen backs up into me and knocks me down for no gain when I had a big lane. 3rd and 1 I run right and look to have the first down but you made a big user play and got one of those super dives with a d-lineman and I had to settle for the FG. Was just one of those games where it seemed I could never do shit in the open field because my guys either didn't block or ran right into me.

Luckily Freeman was on fire aside from the 4 INT's. He had one incompletion that wasn't an INT and it was the crossing route to Julius late in the game that is probably a TD but he sailed it far left. I almost decided to run it and play it safe but figured you could be in zone and the post to Baybay might be open, if not I had Julius on a man beater but I probably would have eaten a sack or scrambled for a short gain.

Freeman will be available as a FA. I want to try and keep my secondary together, I should be able to get them all into the 90's next season. Welker is gone too. It seems so easy to progress LB's and CB's into great rated players but I cannot get my DE's to progress for shit. Guess thats where I am going in the draft.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 am
I probably should have ran it more that late, but didn't want to be a bum and milk the entire 4th quarter with running plays out of playing respectfully.

I blame the interceptions on the cold weather conditions. It's so cold in the house that I was shivering. I think White Walkers were knocking on my door trying to get out of the cold here. (please tell me there are Game of Thrones fans here.) I just couldn't get the timing down on the throws and lofts became bullet passes and bullets became lofts. Just couldn't steady my thumb. Sad You seemingly became desperate late in the game as well. That trips formation became the go to in every situation. Welker deep/hitch. Demaryius crossing. Julius crossing. HB Counter. HB Screen. Freeman scramble for big gains. All from the same look over and over.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum