American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 9 Open

+5
MeanMrMustard
the_EDJ
MoneyNades
Ken
Steel Pitt
9 posters
Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 9 Open Empty Week 9 Open

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm
Week 9 is now open.  I will advance the week on Tuesday (9/3).

Ken - You can go ahead and play the CPU.  Degenerate has not played his last 3 games so I have placed him on auto-pilot.  If he does show up before the advance and you want to try and schedule that game then that's fine as I can always throw out the results of your CPU game so you can play the User game.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
Swagger : 37
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Week 9 Open Empty Re: Week 9 Open

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 pm
Thanks. I will take my chance vs the CPU but will play him if he decides to show up after.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Week 9 Open TODD-GWeek 9 Open 2478676-box_ncaafb14Week 9 Open AJ-MCCARRONPS3

AALoA NCAA14 Dynasty
Week 9 Preview

As we approach head into the second half of the 2013 season the action continues to heat up, conference title races are tightening up and the battle to make the post season for some is on the line.  Coming into the season, the consensus was that the B1G was going to be a tough conference to maneuver through with 6 heavyweight users in there.  Through 8 weeks the B1G is looking real tough as 3 users find themselves in the Top 10 and they're all from the B1G. 

Last week saw the #1 team in the country take a fall as Iowa escaped Columbus with a 20-17 victory.  The Buckeyes, however, weren't the only team to fall victim last week as Notre Dame was roughed up by rival USC, Illinois got shellacked by Wisconsin and Missouri fell to Florida in a closely contested SEC matchup. 

Speaking of the previously mentioned rankings, the first view of the BCS Rankings were made available this week and the new #1 team in the country is the Oklahoma Sooners.  Their former conference mates and rivals from Nebraska are right behind them at #2.  Other AALoA users in the BCS Top 25 are #6 Iowa, #7 Ohio State, #16 Notre Dame, #22 Virginia Tech and #24 Oregon.

Week 9 Open BCS-Rankings-Logo

BCS Rankings - Top 10

1. Oklahoma
2. Nebraska
3. Oregon State
4. Alabama
5. Northern Illinois
6. Iowa
7. Ohio State
8. Florida State
9. Oklahoma State
10. LSU

Week 9 Open Key_art_game_of_the_week

Penn State Nittany Lions at #7 Ohio State

Week 9 Open OSU_Penn_State

Another week in the B1G and another huge matchup.  The Ohio State Buckeyes are coming off their first loss of the season but Coach Tressel and his team don't have any time to feel sorry for themselves as they play host to another big conference matchup this week.  After a slow start in Happy Valley, Coach Eversole has got the Nittany Lions headed on the right path.  Penn State is 4-2 on the season but more importantly they are 2-0 in conference and find themselves in first place in the division for now given they are the only team in the Leaders Division still without a loss.  The Buckeyes suffered their first loss last week to Iowa but still have everything they want to accomplish right in front of them.  They still control their destiny for a B1G title but this week's game is a must and its a must for both teams.  How will the true freshmen QB from Penn State handle the tough road environment?  Can Coach Tressel and his staff get Braxton Miller and the ground attack back on track?  Who will control their fate after this week and who will be looking for help the rest of the way?
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:47 pm
Great write up as always pitt.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:47 pm
Week 9 Open Commit10
Week 9 Open 7_B_G_008_SnapShot
CB Travis Jenkins
Fort Stewart (GA)
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
#17 CB
#504 Overall
Nebraska picked up the verbal from an unheralded recruit in the heart of SEC country last week. The last recruit from SEC country to lean towards the Crimson and Cream was Ameer Abdullah. We all know how that's turning out. Jenkins lacks top end speed, but has an elite first step to make breaks on the ball. If recruiting the CB position proves fruitful, Jenkins might be a guy who can take a redshirt and develop better coverage skills, but he's far from a project player.

Week 9 Open Wyomin11
In other recruiting news, sister SB Nation Blog Cowboy Altitude reports that one of the nations top offensive linemen, Rory Hubbard, has ended his recruiting early, stunning many larger programs to choose Dave Christensen's Why?-oming Cowboys. He must've had a helluva recruiting visit with the fat cow skanks on campus like this:
Week 9 Open Meg_lanker_simons_wyoming_arrested_hoax_rape
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:58 pm
The VA Tech Hokies had a home game against duke for their Week 9 matchup and boy did it turn into a battle.

At the half the score was tied up and only because Logan Thomas had almost 300yards in the first half but luckily for the Hokies a special team TD and few good runs for JC Coleman and the Hokies were able to escape.

The Hokies trail the Miami Hurricanes and Virginia Cavaliers in the ACC and have them both coming up on their schedule and are looking to keep their winning streak going.

Last edited by x--Nike on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:11 pm
Tigers bounce back against Cocks

Missouri 35, South Carolina 24

COLUMBIA — Mizzou's offense bounced back from a sluggish performance a week earlier to lead the Tigers past the South Carolina Gamecocks and keep the team's SEC title hopes alive.
After struggling with 2 early INTs, Maty Mauk went on to throw for 270 yards and 3 TDs, spreading the ball to 7 different receivers on the day. But the true star for Missouri was HB Henry Josey, who ran for 114 yards and 2 TDs in front of the home crowd.

With the win, Mizzou improved to 6-2 overall after going 2-1 in a brutal three-game stretch that included three ranked opponents in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina.

"Am I happy with 2-1?" Coach Mustard said after the game. "I don't know about happy, but, those are three very good teams. We knew all along that this stretch was going to define our season, and I think we acquitted ourselves well."
But as in last week's loss to the Florida Gators, Missouri struggled to defend the run. HB Mike Davis went off for 104 yards on 13 carries, while Freshman QB Brendan Nosovitch rushed for 44 yards on just 4 carries.
Nosovitch struggled to throw the ball in the rain, however, completing just 14 of 23 passes for 166 yards.

Next up for Missouri: A nap. And then a home game against No. 16 Tennessee.

--

Players of the Game:
Offense: HB Henry Josey -- 19 carries for 114 yards, 2 TDs
Defense: CB Randy Ponder -- 3 tackles, 1 INT
Animosity1oAK
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:14 pm
Illinois somehow pulls a victory out of their asses, and wins 23-17. Sloppy game on both sides of the ball. Just a few lucky enough plays give me the W. Squirrel played way better than the score indicated. Either way, it was a fun one and Illinois finally is back on the right track.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 pm
Way to go Ani!
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 am
NebraskaSki-Uh-Mah? Ski-Ew-Nawww Minnesota 
Week 9 Open MediaHa
Nebraska started slow, but built momentum in the 2nd Quarter to demolish the Golden Gooophers and avoid the NCAA Patch of increased difficulty upset curse experienced by other users. Martinez accounted for 4 TDs and Kenny Bell was huge picking up over 100 yards to keep the chains moving.  Minnesota RB Donnell Kirkwood Jr was a beast to handle, and Nebraska just barely kept him under 100 yards rushing on the day. All three Nebraska RBs also scored on the day.

FINAL SCORE
Nebraska 48
Minnesota 7
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 am
No Hangover Effect

Week 9 Open 8220238

The Iowa Hawkeyes, coming off a huge road victory over the #1 team in the country, returned home to Iowa City and did not experience any hangover effects.  The Hawkeyes defense smothered the Wildcats early while the offense was clicking as Iowa raced out to a 24-0 lead and never looked back.  The Hawkeyes led 31-8 at the half and cruised to a 38-17 victory behind QB Jake Rudock's 246 Yards passing and 2TD, RB Damon Bullock's 164 yards rushing and 3TD as well as TE CJ Fiedorowicz's 133 yards receiving and 1 TD.  The big story was the injury suffered by RB Damon Bullock late in the fourth as the Hawkeyes wre just trying to run the ball and eat up the remaining seconds on the clock.  The team is calling the injury a back strain and they expect Bullock to miss the next two games.

FINAL SCORE

Northwestern Wildcats 17
Iowa Hawkeyes 38
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 am
Two games remaining:

Ohio State vs Penn State - I see Buckeye was able to play this weekend but other than that not much talk on the boards anyway.

Notre Dame vs Arizona State - CPU game
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:40 am
Last week wasn't all that bad as I was able to secure commitments from 2 of the top 10 players on my board.

The first is David Pickens a 4 star defensive end from OHIO with a balance of power and finesse.

The Second is John Stewert a 3 star GEM with a rating of 78(+10) also from OHIO (Sorry BK). He has the skills to play QB,HB, or CB and has stated he will play wherever the team needs him
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:29 pm
OV4U2 wrote:The Second is John Stewert a 3 star GEM with a rating of 78(+10) also from OHIO (Sorry BK). He has the skills to play QB,HB, or CB and has stated he will play wherever the team needs him
Damn good find.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:12 pm
One game remaining ... the Game of the week:

Ohio State vs Penn State
OV4U2
OV4U2
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 112
Swagger : 1
LocationGrand Prairie TX
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm
Notre Dame falls behind 24-0, and with their season teetering on the brink of disaster rally to a 48-31 win over Arizona State.  Tommy Rees throw 2 early int's but then turned it around to toss 3 TD passes after words. The MVP of the game was Amir Carlisle who returned a missed field goal for a TD and another 80 yards to set up the go ahead score. Great victory for the Irish after playing the worst 1st quarter imaginable.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:One game remaining ... the Game of the week:

Ohio State vs Penn State
I am waiting to see if Buckeye is available after his fantasy football draft. I went out of town for the weekend and got back today. If not, we have it scheduled for early evening tomorrow. Big game for PSU!
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Ohio St and PSU kicking off the game of the week now
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:29 pm
PSU loses a tough one at Ohio State 28-14.

Showed a lot to the coach though. Kept the game close throughout but the offense stalled after crossing midfield. My CBs got burned badly on a few streaks for TDs as well. Ohio St WR Corey Brown had 141 yards on 4 catches and 2 TDs. Despite big numbers I thought Miller was held in check pretty well, but the long TD passes killed me.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm
I'm not sure who it was, but that fumble when you dove for the end zone was a killer...  Should have been a TD...

Fun game..
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm
That was a fun game. 

That fumble at the goalline pissed me off but at the same time, I realize I tried to jump and make a highlight play instead of just getting tackled so it's kinda my fault. I'd be angrier if I was trying to hold onto the ball.

End of the day Brown on the outside murdered me and my offense really stalled after I crossed midfield. GG
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum