American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Test Dynasty - Page 2 Empty Test Dynasty

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:58 am
First topic message reminder :

Wassup fellas.  While we wait for the named roster set, a potential first patch and just get adjusted to the game in general I have created a test dynasty to allow us to work on a slider set as well as get used to the new dynasty features (coaching tree, new recruiting, etc).

I have sent an invite to everyone that has confirmed they are playing as well as the 3 people on the waiting list.  The league name is AALoATest and there is no password. 

You can choose any team since this is just a test (I chose UConn).  I am currently in the pre-season phase but will advance to the regular season at some point tomorrow morning / early afternoon. 

The advances will be pretty frequent as its not important that everyone gets their games in as this doesn't count for anything.

I have set up the Dynasty with the following slider set:

Offensive SkillHeisman
Defensive SkillHeisman
User vs User SkillHeisman
SpeedNormal
Spd Threshold40
Penalties
Offsides50
False Start50
Facemask50
Off Pass Interference50
Def Pass Interference50
KR/PR Interference50
Clipping50
Intentional Grounding50
Roughing the Passer50
Roughing the Kicker50
Sliders
USERCPU
QB ACC1010
Pass Block3040
WR Catch2030
RB Ability4055
Run Blocking5065
Pass Coverage6070
Int3040
Rush Def4050
Tackling4050
FG Power3030
FG Acc4040
Punt Power3030
Punt Acc4040
KO Power5050

Getting a feel for Dynasty mode and coming to an agreement on the sliders is the main objective so please feel free to give insights on the sliders after playing your games.  I just threw something together to get us started after messing around with them today.  Let the group know what felt good, what felt cheap, what needs improvement, etc.

Steel Pitt

Test Dynasty - Page 2 Empty Re: Test Dynasty

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:58 pm
FYI, the sliders being used right now are:

Speed Threshold: 25

USERCPU
QB ACC1010
Pass Block3040
WR Catch2035
RB Ability4055
Run Blocking5065
Pass Coverage6070
Int3040
Rush Def4050
Tackling5050
FG Power3030
FG Acc4050
Punt Power3040
Punt Acc4050
KO Power5050
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:FYI, the sliders being used right now are:

Speed Threshold: 25

USERCPU
QB ACC1010
Pass Block3040
WR Catch2035
RB Ability4055
Run Blocking5065
Pass Coverage6070
Int3040
Rush Def4050
Tackling5050
FG Power3030
FG Acc4050
Punt Power3040
Punt Acc4050
KO Power5050

I've been experimenting with some of the settings and have set the Defensive Skill to All-American.  I also set the WR Catch to 40.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm
Had an interesting game versus Purdue. Purdue opened the scoring with an offensive TD early. I couldn't score an offensive TD. Back to back Purdue offensive drives resulted in Sack, Strip, Scoop and Scores (holy alliteration). Purdue even had a sack and strip and scoop but no score. So 3 QB fumbles on sacks.

Drops were still an interesting issue.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:40 am
Im back, was on Vacation will try the new settings now vs Notre Dame and give my input.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:03 pm
What are everyone's thoughts on the new slider settings (those that have tried them)?  In particular, I am interested in getting feedback after switching the Defensive Skill to All-American.

Defense - I switched the Defensive Skill to All-American and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on that are.  I had a nail-biter vs USF (24-21) and then a dominant performance vs Cincy (21-3).  I see Zach beat up on UCF but that may be expected with Louisville and EDJ dominated Purdue but again that would be expected.  How did the game feel for you guys?  Too easy, just about right, etc?

Dropped Balls - I see dropped balls are still an issue in some games.  As I stated in the past, I kind of looked at dropped balls as EA's way to make up for CPU QB's being overly accurate despite their ratings.  We rarely saw errant throws so I looked at dropped balls as the substitute for errant passes.  However, in my last game vs Cincy, I saw the CPU make 2-3 bad throws as well as 3-4 dropped balls which caused them to be around or under 50% completion.  I already moved the WR Catching up to 40, should we try moving it up to the default 50?

Offense - My last two games I've felt the offense was realistic as I only averaged around 21 points as the CPU has forced a couple TO's while also forcing me to punt a few times so I haven't just been moving the ball at will.  How does the offense feel for everyone else?

Any other general feedback is welcome and appreciated.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 pm
From what ive noticed playing all my games  most teams run hurry up with the option even with slow QBs which is intriguing and rather annoying. Passing is really easy for me, but last game(first NCAA game in a couple weeks) I threw 4picks, the D has great reaction for a low defensive team like UCF but idk if thats just me. Drops are a concern still not as much as before I saw 3-4 in my game. Run Defense and option defense is still a pain to stop but again idk if thats just me with these specific troubles.
Degenerate57
Degenerate57
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 66
Swagger : 0
Fave NCAA Team : Wisconsin

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:19 am
I noticed the same things as Zach which is the hurry up offense with almost every option team. I cannot remember which formation I was in but there is a fullback dive play that has a glitch. The ball never gets handed off and the qb freezes for a second or 2 and then your tackled for a loss. The CPU still forces its own big play just like last years game when it is down big.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
Yards : 296
Swagger : 4
LocationBrooklyn, NY
Fave NCAA Team : Ohio State Buckeyes

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am
I like that a ton of teams run the no huddle... its realistic, most of the teams, especially in the Pac-12 and Big XII, do run the no huddle now... if you play SEC teams (Georgia/LSU/Bama) they don't run it at all...  

I'm sure I'll hate it when I lose to the comp in the dynasty though...

I vote for keeping the difficulty at Heisman, All-American is too easy...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 am
Well the growing trend in college football is the hurry up offense and the Read option (heck, its even making its way to the NFL).  So, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that not that I would since it is pretty realistic. 

With respect to the drops are you guys noticing errant throws by the QB as well?  As I stated before my contention was that all of the CPU's throws were on the mark regardless of THA or QB Accuracy sliders.  If the CPU never makes a bad a throw (unrealistic) then the dropped passes kind of act as errant throws.  However, if you are seeing the CPU make 1-3 inaccurate throws in addition to the drops then the drops become more of an issue.  I'll wait for feedback on that question before I raise the WR Catching to 50.

Does everyone feel the defense is too easy on All-American?  I'd advise everyone to at least play one game under the new settings in the test dynasty before providing feedback as we've seen in the past that sliders effect the game differently in regular play now compared to practice mode compared to Dynasty mode.  As of last check, only EDJ and Zach actually played Dynasty games under the new settings.

---------------------

Also, I still haven't heard about a patch but I have been reading several posts on Ops Sports regarding bugs they've found that effect Dynasty mode namely:

1. Coach Carousel being broken in that the after the commissioner picks a job that no other user gets an opportunity.

2. Created Coaches not getting XP's.

I'll continue to monitor and see if EA announces a patch soon.
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
LocationBrooklyn, NY

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:51 am
So far I have played about around 8 games with the current slider set (on Heisman)... I have lost 2 (Oregon, A&M)... 

I have experienced the comp drops, one average 1-3 per game, although one typically always ocurs on a 3rd down when their receiver or back is wide open for a 1st down...

I have seen some errant throws here and there, specifically where the QB fires the balll out of bounds immediately after the snap... definately not every game though, and not more than once or twice when I do...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 pm
BK_Buckeye wrote:So far I have played about around 8 games with the current slider set (on Heisman)... I have lost 2 (Oregon, A&M)... 

I have experienced the comp drops, one average 1-3 per game, although one typically always ocurs on a 3rd down when their receiver or back is wide open for a 1st down...

I have seen some errant throws here and there, specifically where the QB fires the balll out of bounds immediately after the snap... definately not every game though, and not more than once or twice when I do...

Did you play these games in a Dynasty setting?  Just curious because in the past the sliders worked differently in Play now than in Dynasty mode and I only changed to the current settings two games ago in the test Dynasty.  As I can tell, only EDJ and Zach actually played games in the test Dynasty under the current settings.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm
I'm probably going to advance the week shortly and try to get a third game under these settings.  We can share feedback and see what changes need to be made (increase CPU WR Catching and increase Defensive Skill to Heisman) after a third week.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:22 pm
I have advanced to the next week and everyone has a CPU game.  I will keep the settings the same for this week and adjust the settings next based on the feedback.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:28 pm
Minnesota is so bad. Can't really comment on the quality of the sliders.  I threw a pick, it was a psychic DB who had his back turned and whipped around for the pick.

Only one bad drop by the CPU that should've been a TD because I was usering out of position. Minnesota has a good DLine, and I could really feel the pass rush bearing down on Martinez.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 472
Swagger : 9
Fave NFL Team : Cincinnati Bengals
Fave NCAA Team : Cincinnati Bearcats

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 pm
I should be able to get a game in tonight.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:50 pm
Steel, regarding the coaching carousel big; I've read that its only an issue in the first season. And then after that the issue disappears. But I can't verify that.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:02 am
I've been having good games in my Syracuse Dynasty using these settings, except like Buckeye suggested I have been playing with both offensive and defensive skill set to Heisman.
truth_n_babylon
truth_n_babylon
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:51 am
Played for a little but last night. I thought the CPU defense was extremely aggressive and tough. The CPU offense not so much. I'm with Buckeye on keeping all Heisman settings.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm
I have advanced the week again.  I believe I'm pretty set on the following sliders for the league to start unless there is any objections.

Offensive SkillHeisman
Defensive SkillHeisman
User vs User SkillHeisman
SpeedNormal
Spd Threshold25
Penalties
Offsides50
False Start50
Facemask50
Off Pass Interference50
Def Pass Interference50
KR/PR Interference50
Clipping50
Intentional Grounding50
Roughing the Passer50
Roughing the Kicker50
Sliders
USERCPU
QB ACC1010
Pass Block3040
WR Catch2035
RB Ability4055
Run Blocking5065
Pass Coverage6070
Int3040
Rush Def4050
Tackling5050
FG Power3030
FG Acc4050
Punt Power3040
Punt Acc4050
KO Power5050
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 pm
I'd like to see an increase in penalties. I've seen a couple holds and clippings and that's all. Haven't tested how high to go, but I can try further tonight.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 pm
the_EDJ wrote:I'd like to see an increase in penalties. I've seen a couple holds and clippings and that's all. Haven't tested how high to go, but I can try further tonight.

I'll take a look at Ops Sports to see if there are any good sets out there, however I remember looking into it early on and the majority of posts claimed that there was no real increase in penalties despite changing the settings.  Also, I believe I read that adjusting the penalties effect the gameplay (etc, increasing the defensive PI made the CPU play more passive on defense and vice versa when reducing the setting) but it didn't result in more penalties.

After reading through those I basically kept everything at default but I'll take another look.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:37 pm
When I log back on I'll update the penalties to the following set.  Here is an example of a person who has supposedly done testing on the penalties at Operation Sports and as you can see didn't really see much of an effect in the majority of the penalty sliders.

Penalties

Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Face Mask: 55
OPI: 50
DPI: 50
KR/PR Inter: 50
Clipping: 55
Int Grounding: 75
RTP: 54
RTK: 50

I did pretty extensive testing on penalty slider to see if they get called and if they affect game playTest Dynasty - Page 2 Icon1. I have been a believer that they do affect gameplay. I still think some do but, not as much as they did in Madden. Most don't seem to do anything.

Offside: At 100 I didn't see any offside calls. At 0 I didn't see any calls. At 100 the defenders did jump more but, never went offsides. There were a couple more False Starts just from this being at 100. I saw no jump by DLINE. I saw no difference in gameplay.

False Start: At 100 I didn't see more false starts than at 50. I didn't see any affect on game play. At 0 I didn't see any false starts.

Holding: At 100 I saw no holding calls. The Linemen held blocks longer though. I don't need any help in this area. It's already good enough so I'm sticking with 50.

Face Mask: At 100 this actually worked. I saw a huge jump in Face Mask calls. It didn't seem to have any other affect on gameplay

OPI: at 100 I saw no calls. I also saw no change in gameplay

DPI: at 100 I saw no calls. Very little difference in gameplay. The CPU defenders might have been a tad bit more aggressive at times. I don't think it did anything.

KR/PR interference: At 100 this didn't do anything

Clipping: At 100 this one actually worked. It didn't happen as often as the face mask though. I saw a few more clips. They were actually block in the back but, they were called clips. I didn't notice any change in game play

Intentional Grounding: At 100 this never got called. It did seem to affect the QB's play some though. He seemed to stay in the pocket better instead of taking off running so quick.

RTP: This one works a 100 for sure. Gets called a ton. It didn't affect anything except the Dline hit the QB latter and if it's not a RTP call it can affect the QB's accuracy. I'm going with 54 on that.

RTK: No calls. Saw no affect on game play.

Link to sliders
BK_Buckeye
BK_Buckeye
All-American
All-American
LocationBrooklyn, NY

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:20 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
BK_Buckeye wrote:So far I have played about around 8 games with the current slider set (on Heisman)... I have lost 2 (Oregon, A&M)... 

Did you play these games in a Dynasty setting?  Just curious because in the past the sliders worked differently in Play now than in Dynasty mode and I only changed to the current settings two games ago in the test Dynasty.  As I can tell, only EDJ and Zach actually played games in the test Dynasty under the current settings.

Well you certainly weren't kidding... Just played my first game in the test dynasty, and lost, to Purdue!
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:47 pm
BK_Buckeye wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:

Well you certainly weren't kidding... Just played my first game in the test dynasty, and lost, to Purdue!

Was that the sliders or the curse of Purdue rearing its ugly head again?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:
BK_Buckeye wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:

Was that the sliders or the curse of Purdue rearing its ugly head again?

Both? My experience vs Purdue was rough. Their offense outscored my offense I believe. I just had the defensive TDs to save my ass.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 pm
The Heart Attack Cats of Northwestern were less than 2 minutes away from being 2-0 in Lincoln Nebraska since the Huskers joined the B1G.

such a terrible team gave me fits. Kain Colter showed me what you guys were facing at QB going 22-27 passing for a TD and 236 yards. The guy was a monster. And there were no bad drops in the game. The super speed no huddle was ridiculous not being able to get a play in. Before I could even see the field I got called for 2 offsides penalties with defenders in the backfield.

Northwestern imploded during the 2 minute drill despite running it to near perfection for the whole damn game.

Also, it's interesting how one's mindset changes when recruits are at the game. Had a good RB there and I needed 100+ yards with Abdullah to fulfill his wishes and earn bonus points for the visit. Wonder if that made things more difficult this team around...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:21 am
the_EDJ wrote:The Heart Attack Cats of Northwestern were less than 2 minutes away from being 2-0 in Lincoln Nebraska since the Huskers joined the B1G.

such a terrible team gave me fits. Kain Colter showed me what you guys were facing at QB going 22-27 passing for a TD and 236 yards. The guy was a monster. And there were no bad drops in the game. The super speed no huddle was ridiculous not being able to get a play in. Before I could even see the field I got called for 2 offsides penalties with defenders in the backfield.

Northwestern imploded during the 2 minute drill despite running it to near perfection for the whole damn game.

Also, it's interesting how one's mindset changes when recruits are at the game. Had a good RB there and I needed 100+ yards with Abdullah to fulfill his wishes and earn bonus points for the visit. Wonder if that made things more difficult this team around...

Yeah, Pat Fitzgerald has those pesky Wildcats playing some good ball.  in my Syracuse Dynasty I lost to them in Evanston.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:42 am
I've advanced the week.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:17 am
I will leave this test dynasty open until Wednesday at which point I will delete.  Feel free to use it to get used to the sliders which are set at the level for our Dynasty and to get used to recruiting as that has changed (for those that don't have the game yet).

If anyone isn't a member but wants to join let me know and I'll send you an invite but I its a public league with no password so you shouldn't need it.  The League Name is AALoATest.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum