American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Season: Week 3 Open

+6
Plusch24
BigSteve187
the_EDJ
Steel Pitt
illmatic717
GoingCommandoAZ
10 posters
Go down
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

2016 Season: Week 3 Open Empty 2016 Season: Week 3 Open

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:28 am

2016 Season: Week 3

Whenever I get the chance to make the post of the week, it'll usually include the newest Five Finger Death Punch track but this one is actually fitting.  My Nemesis seems like a good choice after Vikings-Packers week (sorry Plusch).

How were the penalties in Week 2?  I don't think we had 1 block in the back, which was a welcomed sight after the 11 in week 1.  I had some holding calls (which always suck) but they didn't seem excessive.  Also, remember to stream your games and leave scouting reports on your opponents.  

Weekly Matchups

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
 Texans vs *Patriots Jaguars vs Ravens
 Cardinals vs Bills Giants vs Redskins
 Raiders vs Titans Jets vs Chiefs
 Lions vs Packers
 Vikings vs *Panthers
 Rams vs Buccs
 Chargers vs Colts
 Eagles vs Steelers
 Bears vs Cowboys
*Capeman and D-stylez have still not joined. You can
play the CPU if you want, or try scheduling with them.

Game of the Week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VS

SteelPitt and his Eagles take on Apoc and the Steelers.  How will Pitt react to playing his Steelers?  Will Apoc capitalize on his emotions or will SteelPitt go after Big Ben with reckless abandon?  We shall find out.

Week advances no later than Wednesday night.

Last edited by GoingCommandoAZ on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

2016 Season: Week 3 Open Empty Re: 2016 Season: Week 3 Open

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:10 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Giants move to 3-0

Giants take care of the CPU Redskins 24-10 with a balanced offense and stingy defense. 

Eli 14/19, 150yds 2TDs
Jennings 10/67 TD
Shephard 6/51 TD
Beckham 3/43 TD
Collins INT And Sack

Nothing spectacular, Redskins had some long drives but couldn't score. Giants had a balanced attack and didn't turn the ball over.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:12 pm
Game of the Week - Steelers vs Eagles - about to stream on Apoc's twitch account at 10:15PM EST.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:20 pm
I'm back! And in mostly one piece!

I should be caught up on most things by the end of this embarrassment that is the Chicago Bears in real life.

A couple things.
Thanks to Pitt and Commando for their combined effort in advancing and keeping the game league moving.  I'll have time off again in October to worry about.

Thank you every for your little post game reports.  It's the little things like that that really add something special to the league. I liked reading them over halftime tonight to get caught up on the state of the league.

Keep the write-ups coming, and let me know how the sliders are feeling.  I'll have to test Plusch's slow speed request. My game felt fast too online for some reason.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:50 pm
Paging pocketpass
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 am
The Eagles move to 3-0 on the season with a 24-0 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers (before the EA Servers decided to end the game at halftime).  Rookie QB Carson Wentz looked more like a rookie as he started the game 0-3 passing missing a couple of wide open receivers.  With the rookie QB a little off the mark it was the defense and special teams that picked up the slack.  The Eagles front 7 held LeVeon Bell in check (around 8 carries for 30 yards) while also accounting for 3 turnovers and 2 TDs (an INT return and a fumble return for TD).  Darren Sproles was also huge in the return game giving the offense the field position advantage all game.  Sproles even had a punt returned for a TD called back due to a dreaded block in the back penalty (which literally came at least 10 yards behind the returner as Sproles was on the 5 yard line going in).  The Eagles will have a bye week before taking on the Lions in Week 5.

GG Apoc
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:28 am
Packers finally get in the Win column with a 27-17 victory over the Lions at home. 

The Lions offense proved to still be explosive, even without Megatron, as Eric Ebron took a flag route 75 yards for a score on the very first play of the game. Packers responded with patience and executed a long drive ending with a score. 

The teams battled to a 17-14 Detroit lead at halftime. In the 2nd half, the Packer defense would rise to the occasion and shut out the Lions offense thanks to two critical turnovers. A big hit knocked the ball free from Abdullah at midfield and late in the 4th Quarter Damarious Randall stepped in front of a Stafford pass to set the Packers up for a game-clinching TD run by Eddie Lacy.
v-Apoc-v
v-Apoc-v
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 51
Swagger : 5
LocationIA
Fave NFL Team : Pitttsburgh Steelers
Fave NCAA Team : Iowa Hawkeyes

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:The Eagles move to 3-0 on the season with a 24-0 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers (before the EA Servers decided to end the game at halftime).  Rookie QB Carson Wentz looked more like a rookie as he started the game 0-3 passing missing a couple of wide open receivers.  With the rookie QB a little off the mark it was the defense and special teams that picked up the slack.  The Eagles front 7 held LeVeon Bell in check (around 8 carries for 30 yards) while also accounting for 3 turnovers and 2 TDs (an INT return and a fumble return for TD).  Darren Sproles was also huge in the return game giving the offense the field position advantage all game.  Sproles even had a punt returned for a TD called back due to a dreaded block in the back penalty (which literally came at least 10 yards behind the returner as Sproles was on the 5 yard line going in).  The Eagles will have a bye week before taking on the Lions in Week 5.

GG Apoc
GG indeed, my offense and special teams were shite, proud of my Defense!
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationMississippi

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:17 pm
#runningupthescore #done
nourshake11
nourshake11
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 73
Swagger : 0
LocationBloomington

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:22 pm
BigSteve187 wrote:#runningupthescore #done

I watched the game, you can't be doing all out blitz run commmits and not expect to get scored on
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationMississippi

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:01 am
There is no need to score a td when youre already up 3 scores under 3 mintues in the game.. I run committed up the middle cause I expected to run and kill clock.. not throw it and score again.. but gg..
nourshake11
nourshake11
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 73
Swagger : 0
LocationBloomington

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:29 pm
I'm playing my game with Jacquito tonight at 9:30 EST
v-Apoc-v
v-Apoc-v
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 51
Swagger : 5
LocationIA
Fave NFL Team : Pitttsburgh Steelers

Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:59 pm
Not my experience this year but it does appear some last year played "SIM" until they were down then the "SIM" style went out the door.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationMississippi

Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:21 pm
^
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:27 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's the negative attitudes that everyone is out to screw everyone else that tears leagues apart.  We're all adults here playing a video game.  That's also one of the big reasons I like inviting people into party chats to play. It's a lot more fun to speak to your opponent then to go psycho and tell yourself they're cheating you.

The Madden Gods can be terrible. That was evident with some of the drops and missed tackles I saw plague Tampa.

In regards to the Buccs and Rams game, you were both technically in the wrong in a few instances.  BigSteve, the quick snap on the no huddle in the middle of the third quarter is a big no no.  Not sure how often that happened. Make sure the play clock is under 30 seconds.

PocketPass, you definitely chose the Chew Clock option too early in the 4th quarter.  Had you guys been talking to each other, no assumptions would have been made.

In regards to the TD pass. If you're chewing clock, you can down your receiver. (L2+R2+Square)
Calling Verts as your hot route though seemed misguided.

No more snipes at each other. No more input from your friends trying to defend each other on the topic. There's no punishment to hand out here. There's also no more to be said. This subject is over and we move on.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:00 pm
Bears bounce back with a win in Jerry's world. Which means the Alabama Crimson Tide still have a better win record in Dallas than the main tenants since the start of 2015.

With a balanced effort on the ground and the air, Chicago was able to rely on their defense to keep Dallas out of the end zone for much of the game.  Cutler spread the ball between several different receivers, and Jeremy Langford let Ka'deem Carey poach a TD opportunity with a run up the gut.

Adrian Amos ended a Cowboys drive with a pick down the middle of the field in the red zone.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:40 pm
Raiders fall to Titans 35-20. More detailed write up to come in "America's Most Wanted"
Hellmrixxx
Hellmrixxx
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 84
Swagger : 2
LocationWarerloo IA

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:48 pm
Advance Tonight?