American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Season: Week 1 Open

+9
Plusch24
Steel Pitt
MeanMrMustard
illmatic717
King_Hippo72
v-Apoc-v
MoneyNades
BigSteve187
the_EDJ
13 posters
Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2016 Season: Week 1 Open Empty 2016 Season: Week 1 Open

Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 pm

2016 Season: Week 1

Welcome to a new year of Madden! In years past I’ve asked for MVP recommendations, or players to spotlight that you’re excited about. But nobody pays any mind to it, and it's a wasted effort.  All that I ask is that you post a bit more often in the weekly game threads. It can be a simple blurb about how your game finished. It can be how your rookie is developing, or anything else.

PLEASE check the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I've cut a handful of items out to make things simpler.  Ignorance is not an excuse.
The key sticking points are calling several different plays. The same play more than a few times can be considered spamming. Keeping a sim-style depth chart. And 4th down rules spelled out. I think the game is very balanced as it is, and some of the gameplay rules we used to have were bogging things down.

Streaming of games is mandatory. Make sure your twitch account is set up. Make sure that auto-archive is turned on. You have to turn that on via the twitch website. It can't be done from the console. User games only need one person streaming.

Scouting reports are a huge help. There’s a dedicated sub-forum for that.  Each user will have a Scouting Reports thread where you can post what you've seen, or how you've stopped a key look/play.  I've included a video player to each user's twitch feed so you can watch their game live while reading their scouting report and chat on the forum simultaneously. It's not pretty, but it's functional.  Madden’s gameplan feature will also be a huge help to understand how often your opponent blitzes, or runs inside versus outside.

Make sure you're in the AALoA Community page on the PS4. You can find it under my PS4 profile page. Regular updates will get posted there as reminders. And that's where I'll send event invites for the draft and major games like the Super Bowl.

I hope you're all excited and ready to go.  I'm a bit less prepared to start this year. I have a lot of things going on. Thursday, the 15th I'm leaving town for several days. So I'm hoping Pitt and Commando can hold things down and advance.  I should be back on the following Monday, the 19th. Then it's Destiny's expansion release, and for some reason, I'm still fucking addicted to that game and it might occupy a bit of my time.

Free agency will go live on Tuesday night at 10 pm EST. Everything is open then.
Be ready for a major PS4 update though. That might take some time to download/install. (Source)

Prepare for 72 hour advances.

Weekly Matchups

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Vikings vs Titans*Panthers 
Bears vs TexansEagles 
Raiders vs SaintsBills 
Buccaneers vs FalconsChargers 
Packers vs JaguarsJets 
Giants vs CowboysRams 
Lions vs Colts
*Patriots vs Cardinals
Steelers vs Redskins
*Capeman and D-stylez have still not joined. You can
play the CPU if you want, or try scheduling with them.

Game of the Week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VS
Two league titans return. One a found member, and one a longtime vet with a lot of rust to shake off before he's kicking our asses again. Illmatic is on yet another new team, in a crowded, and talented NFC East. Mustard is back to doing his best Jerry Jones impersonation. Can't wait to see these two face off.

Week advances no later than Thursday night.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

2016 Season: Week 1 Open Empty Re: 2016 Season: Week 1 Open

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:21 pm
I went to set my season goal, and I have exactly 1 CPU game on the schedule. So instead of hoping for 8 wins, I went even lower. Haha.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:42 am
Comcast was being a little troll last night so tru and I will try again today at some point
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:11 am
BigSteve187 wrote:Comcast was being a little troll last night so tru and I will try again today at some point
Xfinity has been doing that the last few days for me as well man lol
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:35 am
Glad to know it aint just me lol but still sucks.. tried to play 6xs before saying forget it.. try tomorrow... xfinity are some sh***y service mfers
v-Apoc-v
v-Apoc-v
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 51
Swagger : 5
LocationIA
Fave NFL Team : Pitttsburgh Steelers
Fave NCAA Team : Iowa Hawkeyes

Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:49 pm
7 User Games 9 Cpu, no division opponents, I like this.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Raiders defeat the Saints 17-13 on a game winning TD run by Chris Ivory with 1:01 left in the 4th! 

More detailed write up to come in "America's Most Wanted" when I get my computer working again, Gg Zydecajun!
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:35 pm
x--Nike wrote:More detailed write up to come in "America's Most Wanted" when I get my computer working again, Gg Zydecajun!
FYI, the way the Sportscenter section is set up is less like a forum, and more like a blog. It treats each post as a single subject, with a condensed comment section.  So you may want to consider breaking up the posts into separate threads.
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:37 pm
Jaguars upset the Packers in a game where the Madden Gods were seemingly lactose intolerant. Rodgers fumbled 3 times, Jordy 1 time, and the jags hit big plays all over, including a 70 plus yard TD to Allen Robinson on their first play, and another 70 plus yard TD catch off a screen to the 57 ovr rookie HB Grant. Just one of those games when things go right for you, and I am so very rarely on that side.

Slider Notes:

QB Accuracy is still very on point, and only saw like two drops but those were from contact, so the passing game felt easy. 

Inside running felt a little rough, then again my OLine sucks

Game feels incredibly fast, dont know how I like it, Im sure I would be pissed about it if I was on the other side this week.

Fumbles, especially from the QB, seemed too much. Its not like I have a murderous defense, Id never expect to see Rodgers fumble 3 times.

I really like the improved pressure, you cant sit back all day and let a route develop, you gotta get the ball out of your hand, so it feels more realistic.

EDIT: As I figured kicking was gonna be a bitch, especially when streaming, missed 2 xps and a FG, all with hiccups in lag. I may just make notice that if I am streaming I will be going for 2 and on 4th and short or something. I got damn lucky those lost 5 points didnt screw me over.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:55 pm
Thanks for the insights Hippo.  Great feedback.  QB accuracy I can notch down a bit more.  Fumbles are tough, I think timing is so off since we're so used to sitting back for deep throws.  You really gotta make the read earlier than usual and get the ball off.

I'll have to watch the archived footage.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:25 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Giants Defense Sets Tone Early VS Dallas

In the opening week's GOTW, the Giants defense set the tone early with Jason Pierre Paul sacking Tony Romo on the opening drive, resulting in an Olivier Vernon recovery for a TD. A Rashad Jennings 2 point conversion made it 8-0 early. 

The Giants didn't look back, with the defense giving the offense solid field position time and time again. In the 2nd, Eli found ODB for a 17 yard TD. The Giants added a FG and jumped to a 18-0 halftime advantage. 

Both offenses struggled in the 2nd half. Eli found ODB for his 2nd TD and Ezekiel Elliot scored his first career TD late in the game. The final was 25-7 NYG. 

The stats weren't pretty. 
Eli - 13/21, 2TD, INT

Several RBs combined for 13 carries for only 28 yards 

ODB only caught 2 passes for 32 yards but both were TDs. Rookie Jerell Adams led the way with 5 catches for 69 yards. 

For Dallas, Romo went 21/35 for 227 and an INT. Elliot ran for 61 on 14 carries and Beasely had 6 catches for 101 yards. 

There was an ABSURD amount of penalties, mostly blocks in the back against Dallas. There were at least 5. 

GG Mustard, it's obvious you're still rusty. Looking forward for a tight divisional race this year. 
MeanMrMustard
MeanMrMustard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1044
Swagger : 28
LocationIndianapolis
Fave NFL Team : Dallas Cowboys
Fave NCAA Team : Missouri Tigers

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:28 pm
Giants over Cowboys 25-7.

Ill had control of this one from the jump -- 3rd and long on the Cowboys opening drive, and Ill forced a Romo fumble and took it back for 6.

A few efficient Giant drives and a lot of Cowboy turnovers and penalties later, and Ill had this one in the bag about halfway through the 3rd.

Ezekiel Elliott showed flashes of brilliance in his debut (14 carries for 61 and a garbage time TD), but the Cowboys were playing from behind all day and had to abandon the run.

Player of the Game:

Eli Manning: 13 of 21 for 154 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 96.1 passer rating

Come on, man:

Tony Romo: 2 fumbles (one for a Giant TD, the other at the Giant goal line), 1 INT

--

Random observations:

* Agreed with Hippo, the kicking lag is ROUGH while you're streaming. I shanked a 49 yarder. Nailed the accuracy by an act of God, but the power didn't register and I left it about 10 yards short.

* What's up with no huddle in online franchise? You can't set it as a tempo, and when you hold triangle, it doesn't bring up the play call screen. It reverts back to old school Madden where you have to audible to change the play. Has EA said anything about fixing it if it's a glitch?

* I committed not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE illegal block in the back penalties. On one drive in the first half, I actually had 2 first downs called back in a row thanks to blocks in the back. I think I either threw my pick right after that or had to punt.

GG man.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:30 pm
I've had it happen in other games, but it seems like sometimes when you nail the kick power perfect, it doesn't register. Maybe it's supposed to be like that? It makes no sense but have others experienced the same?
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:33 pm
Eagles win a ho-hum game vs the Browns 23-7 to get the Carson Wentz era off to a 1-0 start.

Couple thoughts:

- QB Accuracy probably still too high.  As much as I like to have an accurate QB on my side, I didn't see one inaccurate throw from either trashy RG III or my rookie QB (I finished something like 14/15 for 280 yards).  The game has improved in other areas to make the game feel more balanced but it'd be nice to see average to below average QBs play that way (thus actually making it valuable to have a good QB).

- I must say, I love that kicking is not a gimme this year.  I hate that I missed 3 kicks (missed XP, missed FG and a blocked FG) but I still like that its tougher.  Its really going to play role in late game decision making as playing for the 45 yard FG is no longer a sure thing (and that's not even taking "ice the kicker" into consideration).  Maybe kicker accuracy will actually have some value as opposed to just picking the strongest kicker because accuracy was a non-issue in the past.

Other than that, nothing really note-worthy from my opening day game.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 am
I would support changing Game Speed to Slow. Denard Robinson looked like Reggie Bush vs Fresno State. It was absurd
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:14 am
On an unrelated note - Did mission decide he was too scared and leave? Thought he was Redskins but then saw they were CPU
Posky
Posky
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:40 am

* I committed not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE illegal block in the back penalties. On one drive in the first half, I actually had 2 first downs called back in a row thanks to blocks in the back. I think I either threw my pick right after that or had to punt.

GG man.

YT and I also had block in the back problems...a couple we're after a play was over and all of a sudden a flag...prob had 4-6 on his end and 2-3 on my end
v-Apoc-v
v-Apoc-v
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 51
Swagger : 5
LocationIA
Fave NFL Team : Pitttsburgh Steelers
Fave NCAA Team : Iowa Hawkeyes

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:45 pm
Pittsburgh narrowly escapes the nations capital with an overtime win.  The offense never really got going for Pittsburgh, the determining factor was the Pittsburgh defense who caused havoc in the Redskins backfield all night totaling for 4 sacks 3 FF and 1 Recovered.
jacquito69
jacquito69
All-American
All-American
Yards : 311
Swagger : 4
LocationTampa , FL
Fave NFL Team : Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Fave NCAA Team : South Florida Bulls
http://www.pangeamusic.net

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:14 pm
Yeah I had tons of penalties it seemed in my country game against the Pats! Kicking seemed great, a challenge but I got it done mostly, I also didnt stream( still needing to get everything setup). I did lose because well I should've prolly played a few games with the sliders and cfm settings to get used to it, so by the time I found a groove my comeback fell short! It was fun tho! Running was really hard! And I committed silly turnovers early on !
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:08 pm
Mission messaged me saying that he had a lot going on right now. I offered to put him on auto-pilot, but he had dropped already.

Block in the back penalties are annoying, but they're called a lot in real life too. Just like defensive holding if you're pressing too much. I will try and balanced them further. I can't remember if I touched them at all even.
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:13 pm
I had like 2 or 3 blocks in the back from Allen Robinson, so that felt kinda silly.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:36 pm
Of the 5 blocks in the back for Dallas I think  at least 3 were on WRs not involved in the play lol, some were very late too. They are obviously too high and not sure why tbh

Looks like a lot of good week 1 games, good stuff
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:45 pm
Bears burst out of the gates with a strong running game.  The passing game was left wanting, but Jeremy Langford put his name in for player of the week honors with 3 TDs and 161 Yards rushing on only 12 carries.  Jay Cutler didn't force anything, and played turnover free football.

On defense, the Bears top pass rushers were stymied, while key reserves like Willie Young and Lamarr Houston stepped up big in key situations. On the goalline, Jerrell Freeman burst through the line with a sack and strip, leading to backup Will Sutton recovering the ball.

The Bears look to capitalize on the strong start versus the Eagles next week.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:47 pm
I'll definitely lower block in the back penalties further. They were only at 51 on the sliders. Not sure why they popped up so much.

I actually had a Pass Interference get called, and it wasn't a terrible call either. Nice to see.  The first 10 plays had at least four penalties in my game vs adnalffej, but it settled down after that.

QB accuracy for me was all over the place. Jay Cutler missed 2 or 3 easy throws. Brock Osweiler was missing all over too. That contradicts some of your other experiences.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Week 2's not open, bust seeing as I'll be out of town, me and Pitt played an exhibition match to decide our sim winner early since both our rosters are nearly stock.

The Bears opened the game with a bang, as TE Zach Miller raced down the sideline for a long TD catch.  The Eagles would easily answer. Through the back and forth battles each drive, it became apparent the Eagles were daring the Bears to pass as they kept stacking the box to stop the run.  Jay Cutler would find Alshon Jeffery one on one with a corner playing soft coverage. A simple skinny post route turned into an 80 yard race to the end zone.

The tides turned right before halftime as Jay Cutler would find a wide open Eagles MLB Stephen Tulloch to take points off the board as Chicago was inside the 20.  To open the second half, the Eagles would have their own explosive play as Nelson Agholor would get manned up on a slow LB thanks to some broken coverage. There was no chance.  The final strike seemingly came when Jay Cutler threw yet another deep red zone pick to Tulloch.

All was not lost yet as Chicago was only down 14-20. Trying to throw a third pick in the final two minutes, the Eagles dropped a sure Cutty INT in the end zone allowing Chicago to settle for three. The Bears opted to kick it deep and play defense with three time outs instead of trying an onside kick. It appeared to work as the Eagles got Iggy Azalea on their first snap and ran a WR reverse. Chicago knocked the ball loose in the backfield, but the refs claimed Philly recovered it. They even reviewed it to see if they could take the fumble off the stat sheet. Jerks.  Ryan Matthews then faced a 4-6 Bear defense and ripped off a 12 yard run to seal the game.

Eagles 20, Bears 17.

Great game Pitt. Even losses are entertaining versus you.

Hopefully the simmed game is close to what we had with no injuries.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:01 am
Re: QB accuracy 

Personally I think Madden has always evened out most QBs in terms of accuracy and general talent just by nature of the way the game is played (controlling the QB). Decision making is what separates QBs in real life, which is controlled by us in Madden. That fact combined with the fact that most user players guard against the deep ball via 3 deep zones or 2 deep man coverages lends itself to high completion percentages via easy short passes. So I don't think the accuracy needs played with too much.

It's hard to regulate and understand how the slider affects the actual game. I've played in leagues before with really adjusted sliders and out of nowhere a QB would miss a wide open guy by 15 yards. Most NFL QBs easily hit wide open guys (cue joke about shitty QB). The reason they suck is because they can't make the reads (which we control). The great QBs are super accurate in tight Windows and I'm not sure video game sliders can really produce what we wish to achieve.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:18 am
Last game is GoBucks614. I'd assume he gets it played asap.

Then Pitt or Commando can advance Thursday evening as soon as they're home. Have a great weekend guys. See ya next week.
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:30 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a game that'll go down as the Block in the Back-athon, Vikings pull out the win 36-29 in Tennessee to open the season. 

Derek Henry was a beast and is going to give the AFC South nightmares, rushing for 99 yards on 8 carries scoring twice.  Mariota was just shy of 300, going for 296 yards and 2 TD's himself.  Tajae Sharpe led all receivers with 126 yards on 8 receptions and 2 TD's.

AP did AP things, running 16 times for 126 and 3 TD's.  Teddy ( Crying or Very sad) was able to overcome 2 early INT's finishing 13-19, 285 yards 2 TD's and 2 INT's.  Diggs was a welcomed bright spot in the passing game, going 4 for 121 and a TD.

After Teddy threw a bad pick (my fault on a terrible lead pass) on the opening drive, the Titans marched down and scored.  2 drives later, Minnesota went down to get their first TD of the season only to have Walsh and some lag shank the extra point, then the ensuing kickoff.  It was back and forth after that until 2 late TD's gave the Vikes some much needed breathing room.  Tennessee went in for a late score, but was unable to recover the onside kick with 7 seconds left sealing the game.

GG Nick.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:11 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Mission messaged me saying that he had a lot going on right now. I offered to put him on auto-pilot, but he had dropped already.

That sucks.  One of the things that intrigued me about choosing an NFC East team was playing in that division full of good user coaches (I hate CPU games).  Anyway, hopefully things lighten up in his schedule and he can come back.

I did see that the Raiders quickly snatched up Dri Archer off the waiver wire, lol. Ahhh to have speed in Madden.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:14 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Last game is GoBucks614. I'd assume he gets it played asap.

Then Pitt or Commando can advance Thursday evening as soon as they're home. Have a great weekend guys. See ya next week.

I'll take a look when I get home tonight (around 7PM EST) if the Jets game was played.  

Just a heads up for everyone though ... if EDJ runs the league as he has in past seasons, the weekly advance won't be held up for User/CPU games so make sure you get those done sooner rather than later.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum