American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Start: Free Agency Draft

+13
nickoftime780
vTRUv
MeanMrMustard
Ken
the_EDJ
illmatic717
mission8
Hellmrixxx
Steel Pitt
BigSteve187
YtBalla
King_Hippo72
Gobucks614
17 posters
Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

League Start: Free Agency Draft - Page 2 Empty League Start: Free Agency Draft

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:37 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

As in years past, we'll each get 2 free agent signings to start the year.  We're going in team overall order from worst to first. Post your pick for me asap.  

Jacquito69 is possibly joining us. Until he picks a team, we soldier on. He can pick when he joins if we passed his turn.  
Brannan42 needs a tryout game before he can pick.

DO NOT PLAY PRESEASON GAMES (Injuries are turned on until I sim straight to Week 1)
NO OTHER FREE AGENT SIGNINGS outside of these "drafted" players.

Player Cuts - You need to get down to 53 players on your active roster asap. Otherwise the CPU will cut some players you may have wanted to keep, or fill your practice squads with scrubs you want to cut.
Practice Squad - (NOT AVAILABLE YET) Will open later in the pre-season. I'll advance to week 4 of preseason after free agent picks are done.  Set your practice squad how you see fit. Any free agent 65 ovr and under is fair game for your practice squad. Once the regular season opens, all Practice Squad eligible players are fair game. Practice Squad stealing is on. BUT, be careful. You have to sign the Practice Squad player to your active roster to steal them.

TeamTeam OvrUserFree Agent Choice 1
Cleveland Browns73
Chicago Bears74the_EDJC John Sullivan
San Francisco 49ers75
Miami Dolphins77
New York Jets77GoBucks614SS Donte Whitner
Jacksonville Jaguars78King_Hippo72WR Reuben Randle
Indianapolis Colts78YtBallaSS Will Hill
Los Angeles Rams78PocketPass - - - - Free to make a pick asap.
Washington Redskins79mission-8-RB Dri Archer (of course)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers79xBigSteve187xS Jeromy Miles
Detroit Lions80PoskyDE Jeremy Mincey
Philadelphia Eagles80SteelPitt16DT Terrence Knighton
New York Giants80illmatic717RT Phil Loadholdt
New Orleans Saints80x-ZydecajunWR Brian Hartline
San Diego Chargers81LLxCoolxKQB Kevin Hogan
Minnesota Vikings81GoingCommandoAZOLB Zaviar Gooden
Buffalo Bills81nourshake11- - No response.
Atlanta Falcons81v-Tru-vMLB Nate Irving
Houston Texans81adnalffejCB Brandon Browner
Tennessee Titans82nickoftime780OL Geoff Schwartz
Denver Broncos82Brannan42
Baltimore Ravens83
Arizona Cardinals84
Cincinnati Bengals84
Dallas Cowboys84MeanMrMustard9CB Sterling Moore
Oakland Raiders84x--NikeCB Kendall James
Green Bay Packers85Plusch24
Kansas City Chiefs85
Pittsburgh Steelers85v-Apoc-v
Seattle Seahawks85
Carolina Panthers87Capeman0623
New England Patriots87d-stylez260

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:33 pm; edited 11 times in total

vTRUv
Redshirt
Redshirt

League Start: Free Agency Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: League Start: Free Agency Draft

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:43 pm
Got a quick question, would it be fine if I rejoined as a Team Builder coach instead of Strategist? I'm kind of regretting it lol
Hellmrixxx
Hellmrixxx
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 84
Swagger : 2
LocationWarerloo IA
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers
Fave NCAA Team : Iowa Hawkeyes

League Start: Free Agency Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: League Start: Free Agency Draft

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:14 pm
F Tru, he can suck it!
Hellmrixxx
Hellmrixxx
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 84
LocationWarerloo IA
Fave NCAA Team : Iowa Hawkeyes

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:17 pm
Honestly I don't have my eyes on anyone FA wise, if it expedites things.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:23 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote:So if we skip round 2, it's just free for all, right?

That's fine with me. I just need a FB and I'm good to go.  Beer

In that case, I say let's continue with Round 2 because I too need a FB and I just know if we go free for all Mustard is going to sign the one I want. lol

(seriously, I don't care if we skip Round 2)
nickoftime780
nickoftime780
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 133
Swagger : 0
LocationEdmonton

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:49 pm
Ya I'd like round two now haha I still need one more guy
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:53 am
vTRUv wrote:Got a quick question, would it be fine if I rejoined as a Team Builder coach instead of Strategist? I'm kind of regretting it lol
As Mustard pointed out, you should no longer be getting blacklisted as long as you retire and rejoin.  I have no qualms with it. Just do it asap.
vTRUv
vTRUv
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 79
Swagger : 1
LocationWisconsin
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Wisconsin Badgers

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:09 am
the_EDJ wrote:
vTRUv wrote:Got a quick question, would it be fine if I rejoined as a Team Builder coach instead of Strategist? I'm kind of regretting it lol
As Mustard pointed out, you should no longer be getting blacklisted as long as you retire and rejoin.  I have no qualms with it. Just do it asap.
Alright I retired, says I need another invite to the league to rejoin though.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:54 am
Packers pass on FA. Please skip Round 2. 2-3 days for FA already sucks and we still have to give everyone time for practice squad signings
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:44 am
Fine with skipping round 2
Zydecajun
Zydecajun
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 69
LocationLouisiana

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:04 pm
My stupid ass got 2 players from fa last night. Don't worry I cut the other guy LOL
Zydecajun
Zydecajun
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 69
LocationLouisiana

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:05 pm
Hung Lo wanted a 2 for 1 special
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:28 pm
PocketPass ... I see you recently joined the franchise as the Rams, however you went on a Free Agent signing free for all and EDJ has not given the ok for Free Agent signings yet.  We are currently having a Free Agent draft (which you were skipped due to lack of response) but I can also see that you signed at least one player (Will Hill) that was drafted by another user (YtBalla).

Please release the free agents you did sign, review the first post in this thread to see who is available and announce your selection.

I have also sent PocketPass a message on PSN, but if any of you are in contact with him please let him know that he needs to release his free agent signings and visit the league website.  Thanks.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:36 pm
vTRUv wrote:
the_EDJ wrote:
Alright I retired, says I need another invite to the league to rejoin though.

Invite sent.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:40 pm
Speaking of signing free agents ... everyone is free to sign the one free agent you drafted.

Other than that, let's wait for EDJ to give the official word on signing any other free agents.
PocketPass
PocketPass
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 87
LocationIndiana

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:46 pm
Louis (Probably not French) Delmas
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:53 pm
YtBalla ... just an FYI, PocketPass incorrectly signed SS Will Hill but the system will not allow him to release him because he is listed as having a season ending injury having been placed on IR.

I'm assuming you probably wouldn't have chosen him anyway had you known he was out for 50 weeks (according to the system) so I believe EDJ would agree that you should choose another player.
PocketPass
PocketPass
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationIndiana

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:58 pm
Since I accidentally stole his pick. Could I trade him Will Hill for a garbage pick/player or something?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:31 am
Hey guys!  I apologize, some life got in the way Saturday.  I know things have been slow, but they should pick up quickly.  

My next message will be a PSN message to that mass AALoA group so that you know I advanced. It would help immensely if you have the PS Messenger app downloaded to get the alert when the advance message is sent. And for scheduling with your future opponents that you're not close enough to text.

I work until 6:30 pm EST on Sunday.  I will advance as soon as I get home, or if I'm running late, Pitt/Commando have permission to advance at 7 pm EST. That gives Plusch time to make a pick or abstain. We know Apoc's wishes. Capeman was joining as a coach, and still no word whether d-stylez was able to sign in to join/be invited. Then everyone can practice squad it up.

That will give PocketPass time release the players from his spending spree.  And everyone else to get their picks signed. Since they're one year deals, just cut the guys.

Those of you short on players for your depth chart, can grab the worst players possible at the position to hold until week 1. (Make a post here saying who your temp player is to track it).  Keep in mind a FB is no longer a required position on your roster.  But you need enough TEs and OLine to keep the game from de-syncing during field goals (hat tip to jacquiot on that).

Questions? Let me know. Pitt is a great source too since he's on top on a lot of this. Commando is as well, but being 3 hours behind most of you makes it a bit tough.

Just be ready tomorrow night, and the league should start Monday.
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:37 pm
Good stuff, thanks to the commishes for making it all possible. Need to work on my PB but I'm ready to go!
PocketPass
PocketPass
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationIndiana

Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:42 pm
second free agent choice. Charles Brown LT
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:14 am
PocketPass wrote:second free agent choice. Charles Brown LT
Charles Brown is one of your two free agent signings for the Practice Squad stage of the offseason.

I'm closing this thread since the draft portion is over.  The Practice Squad thread will close Monday evening when the league regular season starts.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum