American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2017 Season - Week 1 Open Empty 2017 Season - Week 1 Open

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:47 pm
2017 Season - Week 1

The offseason is over! Free Agency was fairly exciting with EA pulling some trickeration and hiding the actual top bidder from everyone. Tavon Austin was a hot commodity who went to the third place Dolphins somehow.  Collusion was in full effect with users offering to rescind bids from one player in exchange for another player to be left alone (shame on you). And nobody seemed to want to sign a Punter.

The draft was a blast, nobody really blew things away. The best value may have came in the Bears picking the 3rd best overall player at the end of the 3rd round, who was only projected as a 4th rounder.  WR with speed fell off the board quickly because they were all first rounders, and an undrafted WR with speed went early in the draft. QBs also had a good run on them, while CBs disappointed throughout.

Pitt posted a thread last season for nominations, I failed to participate, but would like everyone to chip in their preseason nominees. I'll PM you all to get it done and post a thread, unless Pitt beats me to it.

FREE AGENTS: You may sign 2 free agents starting on Monday, January 11th, at 9 pm EST. That allows time for 2nd shift employees to grab someone before work, and people out west to get a chance to get home from work. Week 2, everything will be fair game.  IF you need to fill a minimum position requirement, please sign the worst possible player and then you can release him.

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Bears vs SteelersBrowns vs CPU
Buccaneers vs CowboysTitans vs CPU
Eagles vs ChargersPanthers vs CPU
Dolphins vs FalconsColts vs CPU
Texans vs RavensGiants vs CPU
Vikings vs LionsJaguars vs CPU
Raiders vs Redskins

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VS

Huge matchups to start the year. The Steelers have the worst gauntlet I've ever seen to start the season. Raiders/Redskins could be a Super Bowl matchup. Dolphins/Falcons was a close game already. I'm going with my Bears vs Pitt's Steelers as GotW to start off though. A, for the opening gauntlet, and B, because Pitt is unveiling his 4-3 defense (blasphemy).

Week 2 opens Wednesday night.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

2017 Season - Week 1 Open Empty Re: 2017 Season - Week 1 Open

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:25 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Dolphins and Falcons got 2017 started with an insane offensive shootout. Miami was gashing Atlanta on the ground with Lamar Miller's speed before he got knocked out of the game on a big hit. Just before half with Miami driving and up 14-7, there was an incredible diving catch by an ATL defender off a tipped ball inside the Falcons 5 which altered the course of the game completely awakening the Falcons in the 2nd half. 

Julio Jones is a monster and was routinely shredding all kinds of coverage to make big plays. In a back & forth 2nd half with big plays & turnovers all around, Tavon Austin took a screen pass about 18 yds to put Miami ahead 28-24 with a minute to go. Giving the Falcons a minute to put a drive together to win but they would only need 1 play as Coleman took a screen pass to the house breaking several tackles. 

Ryan Tannehill would respond with a beautiful drive to get the Dolphins across midfield hitting several receivers making clutch plays. Dolphins wound up in the ATL redzone with no timeouts and time for two plays at most with 20 seconds left. Miami decided to take a shot at the win with 11 seconds left and hit Jordan Cameron on an easy slant in the endzone for a 35-31 victory. Incredible start to the season
Posky
Posky
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:09 pm
Commando and I will most likely play weds at 8est
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:56 pm
Just an fyi, but I made a couple position changes (or at least playing in different positions) but I missed the player switch portion.

I am playing CB Senquez Golson at FS and I am playing second year LE Lamarcus Hadley at DT (6'5" 290lbs) now that I've switched to the 4-3.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 pm
Browns obliterate Bengals in season opener:

After a heart breaking OT loss in the super bowl this last season the Browns were determined to start there season right, and they sure did. On all phases of the game the browns won Manziel went 11/12, Isaiah Crowell and Basmine Burch combined for 140 rushing yards 2TDs, while the defense added in four sacks, four ints and a FF and recovery.

Player(s) of the game:
QB Johnny Manziel 112.2 QBR 11/12 117 Yards 2TDs(to rookie TD Romel Garcia) 1int
CB K'Wuan Williams 2ints

Browns 38 - Bengals 3

Next week: vs Colts
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:38 pm
I signed 3 players in FA. I was short 1 TE since I don't have a FB, and signed the worst TE possible. His name was Riley something or another. I'll drop him Week 2.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:26 pm
Chargers open season with dominant win over the Eagles 33-20

The hiring of HC Todd Bowles in the offseason was meant to bring some stability to the defense. Judging by the first game of this season, the Chargers may be on to something. The Chargers forced five turnovers (4 INTs, 1 Fumble) and held the Eagles without a TD until the 4th quarter. 

QB Philip Rivers was reinserted into the lineup after being replaced by QB Kellen Moore last season. Rivers struggled early, but relied on his accurate deep passing to score 3 TDs on the day. All 3 TDs came on plays of 60 yards or more.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 pm
Ok, so the Rams are approved for LA. If the Chargers don't come, then I'm going to switch the Rams ASAP. Would it be possible to switch teams right away? Or do you want me to play out the season?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:52 pm
Ken wrote:Ok, so the Rams are approved for LA. If the Chargers don't come, then I'm going to switch the Rams ASAP. Would it be possible to switch teams right away? Or do you want me to play out the season?
With relocation officially approved for the Rams, I'll be unlocking the relocation option to get them to LA. Whether that is you Ken, or with a temporary user like your old k10trinh account.

Since the Chargers have the option to move still, I'm guessing they'll jump at the opportunity. I'd say hold on to your team for now.  I'm not sure if Madden even allows two teams to relocation to the same city.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
LocationSan Diego

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:29 pm
I think i rather just use the Rams regardless. Would I be able to leave the franchise and join as the Rams? What is the password?
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:47 pm
Remaining Games:
Bears vs Steelers -- GotW is scheduled for 10 pm EST tonight.
Buccaneers vs Cowboys -- Both users were available yesterday evening. Nothing since then.
Vikings vs Lions -- Most likely scheduled for 8 pm EST.

Panthers vs CPU
vTRUv
vTRUv
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 79
Swagger : 1
LocationWisconsin
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Wisconsin Badgers

Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:41 pm
the_EDJ wrote:Remaining Games:
Bears vs Steelers -- GotW is scheduled for 10 pm EST tonight.
Buccaneers vs Cowboys -- Both users were available yesterday evening. Nothing since then.
Vikings vs Lions -- Most likely scheduled for 8 pm EST.

Panthers vs CPU
Was just in contact with adnalffej, hopefully we'll get our game started within the next hour or 2
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 pm
Welcome to the NFL, Mr. Hogan.  Facing one of the most formidable foes imaginable, Taylor Hogan broke on to the NFL scene in a big way.  While the Steelers were transitioning to 4-3 calls, Hogan was breaking ankles and racing to 100 yards rushing in the first half alone. In the second half, on 3rd and forever (3rd and 21 maybe?) the Bears looked to take a shot downfield. The Steelers blitzed, and Mettenberger just dumped it off to the little guy who juked out two guys and picked up 29 yards and the first down.

The game was evenly matched, and would've been a close match throughout, however Chicago was fortunate to have a fumble reversed, and the Steelers lost a fumble deep in the red zone. Chicago escapes Pittsburgh, 23-10.

The Bears prepare for the Vikings next week.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum