American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Season - Week 3 Open

+8
nourshake11
mission8
nickoftime780
BigSteve187
Steel Pitt
Hellmrixxx
the_EDJ
King_Hippo72
12 posters
Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

2017 Season - Week 3 Open Empty 2017 Season - Week 3 Open

Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:49 am
2017 Season - Week 3

Once again an owner jumps ship, only to return the same day he leaves. BigSteve wanted his Seahawks back since someone joined the NFC West. Yet EA blacklisted him from the team, so he went with the Arizona Cardinals Kansas City Chiefs.

Player of the Year Nominees: Nike got the thread started, how about you take a couple seconds to name your pre-season top players? You don't have to do an in-depth write-up, just give us a list of the names at minimum. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

User vs User GamesUser vs CPU Games
Browns vs SteelersJaguars vs CPU
Redskins vs VikingsPanthers vs CPU
Texans vs TitansFalcons vs CPU
Rams vs BuccaneersColts vs CPU
Ravens vs BearsEagles vs CPU
Cowboys vs CPU
Lions vs CPU
Raiders vs CPU
Dolphins vs CPU

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VS

It's time to separate the contenders from the pretenders with some huge matchups this week. The only 2-0 vs 2-0 matchup happens to be in the AFC South. And on a technicality, last week's GotW wasn't played, so Hippo repeats as a nominee.  The best Defensive Line in the league gets an early season test against a divisional opponent planning on unleashing Romel Phillip on the Titan's secondary. The Texans running game is atrocious, with no RB having more than 31 yards rushing. Will the Titans harass Nealy enough to blanket Phillip and DeAndre Hopkins?

Week 4 opens Tuesday night.
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie
Yards : 663
Swagger : 11
Fave NFL Team : Detroit Lions
Fave NCAA Team : Michigan Wolverines

2017 Season - Week 3 Open Empty Re: 2017 Season - Week 3 Open

Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:09 pm
The answer is.....unlikely!

Also, people shouldnt be aloud to jump ship on teams.....let it slide once, but this is silly.
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:17 pm
BTW, if I am out of the playoffs at seasons end, Ill just take over a playoff cpu team, cuz thats fair!
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:27 pm
League suspensions to announce:

Raiders QB Harris Skinner - 2 CPU game suspension for excessive stat output vs the CPU in a blowout (379 Yards, 8 TDs).  Suspensions will take place week 4 and week 8.
Raiders WR Clarence Blaker - 1 CPU game suspension (180 yards, 3 TDs in blowout). Suspension will take place week 4.

Eagles QB Mason Taylor - 1 CPU game suspension (4 TDs in blowout). Suspension will take place week 6.
Eagles RB Demarco Murray - 1 CPU game suspension (223 yards in blowout). Suspension will take place week 6.

Super simming isn't necessarily banned, but you're responsible for your players' stat output if skipping drives or pushing to end the game.

CPU Game rules reminder:
VII.) User vs. AI Games (Stat Padding)
CLICK HERE TO EXPAND:
Hellmrixxx
Hellmrixxx
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 84
Swagger : 2
LocationWarerloo IA
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers
Fave NCAA Team : Iowa Hawkeyes

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:45 am
I feel my suspension should be repealed, please watch the film and tell me what you think, I have never been an offender before nor was I aware of the key stats.  If you watch the film you will see I did not pad the stats.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:36 am
I haven't watched the stream soI can't comment on whether the game was decided early or if you just pulled away late.

However, not knowing the key stats isn't a valid excuse. They are clearly stated in the rules which everyone was required to read and sign.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 257
Swagger : 9
LocationMississippi
Fave NFL Team : Colts
Fave NCAA Team : Mississippi State Bulldogs

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:41 am
Thats That's why you arent a commissioner and I didnt ask you.. im on the chiefs and im staying.. like it or not.. thems the breaks
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationMississippi

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I missed the draft due to a friend killing himself and it screwed my whole defense.. so I left the giants.. I asked and said I would even stay there if it would cause a problem. I got approved for the move.. not leaving KC
Hellmrixxx
Hellmrixxx
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationWarerloo IA

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 am
Steel Pitt wrote:I haven't watched the stream soI can't comment on whether the game was decided early or if you just pulled away late.

However, not knowing the key stats isn't a valid excuse. They are clearly stated in the rules which everyone was required to read and sign.
Oh it was over at Halftime, however I feel a strong warning is in order as by watching the stream you can see that I had no interest in running up the stats or score, my first drive out of the half was a 6min 40 sec long and i got the ball one more time in the 4th killing clock with Ryan Matthews.
BigSteve187
BigSteve187
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationMississippi

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:14 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
In Apocs defense.. he is 100% a sim style player.. granted he doesn't pay attention alot of the times but I know his intentions were never to pad the stats..
nickoftime780
nickoftime780
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 133
Swagger : 0
LocationEdmonton

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:36 pm
Ya I'd look at my scoring update I had all that by 3rd quarter, I only went for 8 to get him the record
Hellmrixxx
Hellmrixxx
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationWarerloo IA

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:11 pm
See two totally different scenarios, I could've shattered rushing record but new better, was just late pulling Murray and Taylor sucked so much balls last year I think the 4td was just to prove to myself he isnt shit.
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:58 pm
nickoftime780 wrote:Ya I'd look at my scoring update I had all that by 3rd quarter, I only went for 8 to get him the record
This is ridiculous! If you want to break records, do it against a user opponent that can fight back. In my opinion and with this comment, you got off easy.
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Madden 16 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:18 pm
Rules are rules fellas...

Anyways 

Browns defeat Steelers 27-20, more in depth write up to come. Gg Pitt.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:46 pm

I don't know what the deal is with this month. But everywhere I go it seems people are more on edge than usual. But how about you take a deep breath?

King Hippo is an asshole, and he's not ashamed of it.  Hell, the more you talk to him, the more you might think he takes pride in building that tough exterior to mask the big softy he's hiding on the inside. (I know it's in there somewhere) Disagree with him all you want, but getting butthurt over his opinion, no matter how harshly it's worded shouldn't rile you up to the point it got today.

About those pending suspensions. They're sticking.  I'm not angry (mostly). This isn't meant as a punishment (mostly). It's mostly about balancing stat outputs and XP gains.  

When the league first started, there was a lot more participation on the boards about key players, and yearly awards races.  CPU games gave users a leg up, so we set a limit on having a good game versus abusing the AI and posting monster numbers. There were no sliders to up difficulty and balance things.  XP is mostly a non-issue since EA nerfed it so much, and we can't boost XP gains with new sliders without restarting the league.

So in this instance, the Raiders put up 2.5 games worth of TD numbers. Any anger I have about needing suspensions lies in the fact that you admit to wanting the TD record against the CPU. That is completely asinine. And one of the rare times I agree with mission is today. You got off easy. I should think of something more creative as a form of actual punishment since intent is now clear.

Apoc, your numbers are less severe, which is why it was only a 1 game suspension for your players.  I will give you a choice though. You can split your suspensions between consecutive weeks, or just get them over with in Week 6 as stated.

When it comes to CPU games, I'm not asking you to risk a potential loss by benching players in a close game. The games are supposed to be tough. But blowouts are absurd when you use the same player all the way through. I've watched CPU games where a user literally runs out of bounds after a 35 yard gain to keep the stat output realistic so the player could be benched.

R-E-L-A-X. You know it's serious when I almost used an Aaron Rodgers gif on top of the other gifs already posted. Almost.
Hellmrixxx
Hellmrixxx
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationWarerloo IA

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 pm
That is very fair of you, I do apologize for not remembering the rules that I signed up for I will definitely follow them in the future and I appreciate the fair compromise you have given me, too bad I just can't put it all on Murray LOL I really don't want to start Geno Smith well there's 14 million down the drain
Posky
Posky
Madden 18 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 439
Swagger : 3
LocationMichigan
Fave NCAA Team : Ok Okst UofM

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:21 am
Kyrie Chester with a broken femur.....out for 12 weeks Sad the injury bug strikes early and hard....
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:47 am
Steve, if you switched squads once, and for this reason you stated, I wouldnt have a problem, but twice now in two years, and not even in the preseason, its silly. Many people have missed drafts, no one takes that as carte blanche to move teams, now if someone new joins as the Giants, they are gonna see a depleted team, and be gone a week later. Not to mention changing in season, when someone is gearing up for a cpu game and they get blindsided, play you, lose, and now their playoff chances are hurt. Sorry about your ordeal, but switching teams shouldnt be allowed at all unless incredible circumstances are in play.

And Nick, after that comment, I would personally boot you out, but thats just my gruff exterior talking. 

As far as the Eagles, I just may disagree with the Eagles QB suspension.... QBs get 4tds regularly in the NFL, all could have come in the first half, and I dont think anyone would have a team, not play its starters all first half at least, unless it was some monumental blowout.
nourshake11
nourshake11
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 73
Swagger : 0
LocationBloomington
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons

Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 pm
Haha
Posky
Posky
LocationMichigan

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:26 pm
I've been out of town for free agency and drafts before and my team always gets raped.... And I've never moved because of it....
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:49 pm
You should move, its all the rage!
Posky
Posky
LocationMichigan

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 pm
If I moved every time I missed some drafting or free agency I'd have played on every team already
Adnalffej
Adnalffej
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 56
LocationMichigan

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:05 pm
I want a new team I'm gonna be 0-4 when I lose to commando week 4
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:35 pm
Ban all 3, imo
King_Hippo72
King_Hippo72
Pro Rookie
Pro Rookie

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:33 pm
Adnalffej wrote:I want a new team I'm gonna be 0-4 when I lose to commando week 4
You did miss an offseason, so I guess you qualify!
MoneyNades
MoneyNades
Yards : 975
Swagger : 23
LocationBoca Raton, Florida
Fave NFL Team : Miami Dolphins
Fave NCAA Team : USC Trojans

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:07 pm
Upset - Tebow Upset - Tebow Upset - Tebow Upset - Tebow
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:35 am
The Bears get the victory over the Ravens. But it comes at the cost of losing Alshon jeffery to some broken ribs for the next 4 weeks. Marquess Wilson has the size of Jeffery, but not the strength, and will step in to the #2 role. Kenny Bell will be the temporary slot.
Posky
Posky
LocationMichigan

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:44 am
Wr inj week Sad