American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Madden Tournament Empty Madden Tournament

Wed May 06, 2015 10:23 pm
So there's a website, LeagueCrawler.com focused on connecting leagues with players.  They've been off and on in their activity level throughout the months, but I've had AALoA listed there for a few months now, but haven't actively recruited from the site.  League Crawler looks to be rededicating themselves to making the site active with new content and whatnot.  They're in the early stages of pitting commissioners against one another this coming season in a fantasy football league.

Most recently, they are wanting to throw a Madden tournament.  They reached out to me looking for people to throw their hat in the ring. It's their way of promoting their website, and AALoA being represented would be its own sort of promotion.

16 leagues would be represented by 2 users per league to fill out 32 entrants.
The league would have a loose set of rules signifying what sim is. But would be limited since there's so many ways to define sim gameplay.

Let me know if any of you would be interested in competing in the tournament.  I need to respond to the group by Saturday, May 16th.

I'll throw one nomination out. Capeman.  I figure he'd represent the league well, both in talent to compete with other users and in class by competing fairly.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Madden Tournament Empty Re: Madden Tournament

Sat May 09, 2015 2:29 pm
I'd be willing to fill-in for the last spot if Cape accepts. Otherwise as a new member, I'd prefer if someone with more experience in the league (Ken, Demon, or E) participates.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue May 12, 2015 3:45 pm
Grimm, thanks for volunteering. It's much appreciated. LegaueCrawler has decided the tournament will be run on All-Madden difficulty.

So with that in consideration, Capeman is gonna step up and throw his name in, along with myself. Since Jay Cutler is on the Bears, I'm gonna be lame and use a mobile QB, and run the  Seahawks 49ers. Seahawks if only stock playbooks, 49ers if allowed custom playbooks.

Capeman is still deciding between the Broncos, Steelers, and Cowboys.

We'll probably need to run a game or two this week on All-Madden to get a feel for things if anyone wants to play some pick-up games.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Tue May 12, 2015 3:56 pm
If you want a good mobile QB playbook, try the panthers out.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue May 12, 2015 4:26 pm
Yep. Panthers PB was my MUT PB more often than not. I'm fairly comfortable with it. Three of my four custom PBs were even based off the Panthers PB.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Mon May 18, 2015 10:41 pm
Tournament rules

Madden Settings
Console:  All games are played on the PS4 console
Difficulty: DEFAULT All Madden Gameplay - No Sliders
Game Type: Event Type: Exhibition
Quarter Length: 5 minutes - No accelerated Clock
Injuries and Fatigue: On
Broadcasting: Teams will decide which team will broadcast the game on Twitch ahead of time.

Before Kickoff: All owners will have a 2 minute pause allowance at the start of a game to set their depth chart and audibles.

Team Selection: Players will play entire tournament with the team they selected at the beginning.

Gameplay
Playbooks: Custom playbooks are allowed.

Any form of the following is strictly prohibited:  Glitches, IP Flooding, Induced Lag, Excessive Grieving, etc. 

Any form of cheating, use of game exploits, glitches, modified controllers and/or equipment are strictly prohibited. League officials have the authority to disqualify/ban players at their discretion.

Defense: Players must rush at least 2 men on pass plays. QB spy’s DO NOT count as rushers.

Pausing: You can only pause the game when on the play selection screen

Etiquette
Do not abuse any other player with racist, negative, or otherwise offensive language or behavior.  Win and lose with class and respect.  Anyone caught behaving in this manner will be removed immediately.

Treat everyone you play with respect.  If you're winning by a large margin, don't rub it in.  Win with class.  Take a kneel, kick Field Goals, etc.

Tournament Advance
Each round will have a 3 day window to get each game played.  Games will be scheduled via email.  It is each team's responsibility to propose a time to play and stay in communication.  If a game misses the deadline, the team with the most proof via email that they tried to schedule the game will get the win.  If your opponent misses his game time, please email them asap and see what is going on.  If they are 30 minutes late, the team that was on time will have the option of re-scheduling or taking the win for that game. 

Disconnects, Quitting and Lag
1.  Disconnects:  If a game simply ends and EA for no reason and it appears it is a no-fault disconnect, here’s how to proceed:
2. If one team is winning by 31 and there is less than 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the losing owner will place himself on auto and allow the winning owner to play the CPU.  It is the job of the winning owner to re-create the score of the game up to that point and not score more than 2 more touchdowns the rest of the game.

3. If the neither team is winning by at least 31 points and the game is not at least 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter, both teams will re-start the game and manually get the game to what the score/time left and possession was before the disconnect(s).  That means punt on 1st down, allow TDs, etc. Then play from there.  The team that had the ball will have it as soon as the score is as it was before the disconnect.

4. If one team does not “have time” to play the game again right away, the team that was winning will have the ability to - within reason - decide if they want to play the game again right away or wait until the next day or another time that works.  The key here is the losing team quits and should not be able to put off re-playing the game until a time that doesn’t work for the team that was winning.

Multiple Disconnects:  If a game disconnects twice, with the owners going through the rules described above, these rules will take effect:

Whatever the score and time was left when the last game iteration disconnected, the teams will play to half time from there and end the game at half time.  Example:  This will be the third time the game is played after 2 disconnects.  The last time the game disconnected, Team A was up

20-10 over Team B with 3 minutes left in the third quarter.  That’s a 10 point margin.  The third and FINAL attempt to play the game will be played with both teams working together to allow

Team A to get a 10-0 lead, while running the clock to 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter.  The teams will then play until halftime and consider the game over at halftime. 

2.  Quits:  You should never quit a game.  Period.  If you're losing and feel you lost only due to cheating, we will review the game and make a determination based upon that and potentially award a win based on a review of the game.  A quit is recorded as a loss - period. 

3.  Lag:  Experiencing lag in online games is common.  You should always attempt to play the game, no matter how bad the lag is.  If, when a game is started there is heavy lag, BOTH teams should pause the game, and AGREE to re-start the game or keep playing as is.  Neither team should quit the game before

BOTH teams agree to keep playing or try again.

If the lag persists, you might try to re-schedule your game for another day.  I am not going to side with one owner over another and force one to go on auto because of lag issues.  There is no way for me to diagnose the problem and whose connection is causing the problem.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri May 22, 2015 11:22 pm
Boy was there some saltiness after the first round matchup between myself and Mcal02 of Weeds League.  Running with the Dallas Cowboys, I came from behind late, and had to hold on at the 2 yard line as time expired to win by three. Why the other user decided not to force overtime is beyond me.

I politely offered him a "GG" afterwards and was immediately accused of cheating. Kids these days...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tony Romo had 3 TDs and 2 INTs while getting rocked for 6 sacks.
Mcal02 used the awful Logan Thomas for his read option game, which greatly benefitted me with his absurd inaccuracy.
Demarco Murray was ok, but it was tough to run against a 4-4 Defense that spammed the same three plays all game, Cover 2 Sink, Cover 3, and a Zone Blitz off the edge. Bleh. So much for a sim tourney right?
Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley came up huge for me with some big gains, including a bomb to Beasley for a TD.
The Cards Ted Ginn was unreal on Kick Returns taking one to the house.
Thankfully, I have the Clutch attribute unlocked in Madden. haha

So what's the fumble glitch? 

GrimmAtLaw won his game, but is dropping video games from his life and selling his PS4. He allowed his opponent to move on.
Capeman has yet to play his game, but it'd be sweet to go 3-0 to kick things off.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum