American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Preference of what to do next

2 - 50%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
2 - 50%

Total Votes: 4

the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Winding Down Madden 15 Empty Winding Down Madden 15

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:15 pm
**Vote in the Poll, and please comment with any ideas.**

The apathy towards Madden is clear. Many of you aren't pushing to get through your games, and any energy in writing posts each week seems to be centered around Demon's excitement with his run to the playoffs.  The NBA Playoffs and NHL Playoffs are ramping up as well, dividing people's attention. I know I've felt the wall myself, but getting games in hasn't really been a problem for me yet.

The remaining active members include myself, Plusch, Capeman, Demon, Grimm, and Ken.

So, instead of pushing through with the same ol' same ol' and finishing one last season, I want your input on how to close out Madden 15 early. I'll be messaging some of the fringe peeps to see if they want to come back for one last push, but would give more weight to you active peeps and what you wish.

Time Travel: Advance the league 10 years and play with (mostly) all fake players
Pros -- Advancing one year is detrimental to some teams' confidence and finances. Advancing 10 years gives a chance to "reset" contracts, normalize ratings, and in reading other forum posts, balance confidence. Operation Sports reported that when simming several seasons at once, the AI focuses on maintaining confidence instead of developing players.

Cons -- There's still the chance that Confidence and Finances are out of whack.

Pro/Con -- There's less Superstar players, and more 80's rated players.

Reset: Run a final season with a custom roster that includes all the 2015 draft picks in place
Pros -- It's a first look at your team of choice in developing a plan for Madden 16.

Cons -- It might give you early burnout in Madden 16 re-playing season 1 with the rookies again.  The Bears will likely still have Jay Cutler on their roster.  The quality of rosters will vary wildly, it might take a while to find a roster file with all the players, and their ratings may not fit the actual game.

Superstar: We all create a player
Pros -- A chance to play as ourselves, or as an incoming rookie could really change things up.

Cons -- The mode itself might kinda suck as I haven't played it in a while to be sure.  Unsure of how user/user games play out whether it's full control (likely) or if you only handle your side of the ball.

Of course, we can also just continue along with the current pace we're running. But here's what I thought up, and I'd like your feedback.

**Vote in the Poll, and please comment with any ideas.**
GoingCommandoAZ
GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1095
Swagger : 36
LocationPhoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Florida Gators

Winding Down Madden 15 Empty Re: Winding Down Madden 15

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:32 pm
I say let's go into the future 10 years and give it a go.  I'd be down for that.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
Yards : 81
Swagger : 7
LocationBrooklyn

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 pm
I'd be down for time travel if we could do a draft right before the season starts too. I wanna practice my drafting a bit too and have some semblance of building a team again.
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:22 pm
I'd prefer to go season 6.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBrooklyn

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 am
I'm considering changing my vote, depending on commando (because I really want him to play next season, I voted time travel). I do have an extra draft pick this year, so I want to be able to take advantage of that. But I would actually prefer to not time skip if that were the case. I don't trust my front office with my team.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue May 05, 2015 10:55 pm
Bump. I have four votes currently. Obviously three of those were Commando, Ken, and Grimm.

I'll be sending direct messages to others to get more feedback. Speaking to Cape during the NFC Championship, he was good with whatever happens.
Plusch24
Plusch24
All-American
All-American
Yards : 592
Swagger : 36
Fave NFL Team : Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team : Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tue May 05, 2015 11:57 pm
I think this is where I'll step down boys. It's been a great time as always but with summer weather finally here, nba/nhl playoffs kicking up I just don't see myself being active at this time. And once Arkham Knight comes out next month I would probably have no interest in any other game. Looking forward to M16 & I'm sure we'll be up & running then for another good run
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed May 06, 2015 5:41 pm
I've sent forum PMs in the past, and followed up with a handful of PSN Messages to former members (Squirrel, Posky, BigSteve) about playing a final season of Madden 15.

While they get back to us, I'm not advancing to the off-season quite yet. This is your last chance to make an offer to your coach and staff to keep his services before he hits the open market.  I'm not going to push for an immediate draft this weekend. But think of your availability for next week(end).
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBrooklyn

Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 pm
I won't be available until Sunday starting tomorrow, so if we can avoid moving past re-signings until then, that would be great.

Also, if you want me to advertise/post around for one final season of Madden 15, I'd be willing to help. I've developed my team for one final Superbowl push this season.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Wed May 06, 2015 6:30 pm
I voted to just get straight to season 6, mainly because I've worked pretty hard to get my team to where it's at(not that it's paid off or anything). However, any decision would be fine with me as even my activity is probably going to swindling down in the near future. I will make my best effort to keep up though.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri May 08, 2015 1:16 pm
So Commando/Grimm vote 10 year advance. Ken/Demon vote Season 6. Capeman is fine either way. 

I'm advancing to the offseason on Sunday. Hopefully a straggler comes back to tip the scales one way or the other.  I'm fine with season 6, it guarantees me another year of Mario Jeter. I'm fine with advancing 10 years to potentially rebalance things and throw rosters into chaos.
GrimmAtLaw
GrimmAtLaw
Redshirt
Redshirt
LocationBrooklyn

Sat May 09, 2015 2:27 pm
I'm switching my vote to next season. I can't seem to do that on the poll results.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum